Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
I disagree that we are under water but we've had that discussion in the past. And I don't think warring nations are germaine to this discussion but I take your point. We can make global agreements and be subjected to supranational organizations but we can't pick and choose.
If our economy/lifestyles/what-all can be affected by "Putin cutting off our oil" (example), we're sinking below the surface. If China was to suddenly cut all ties with us, it would take us a decade or more to recover, and probably a war.

Yes it would be stupid on their part just as it was stupid on Putin's part. Russia is paying a high price. So you can't say "never". China is openly hostile to us and if it was in the position to do something about is, it would.

Warring nations are the extreme, but germaine simply because non-warring nations generally aren't cutting off trade. Except us. We use it as punishment for any and everything.

Look at the two biggest products this war has affected: Gas/oil and wheat. His stupid little war is screwing up the entire World. Allowing people to have that kind of leverage over you is a definite weakness to be exploited. As Putin is doing.

And yes, I am aware we don't agree when it comes to globalization. Being at the mercy of the US Government is bad enough.