Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Site closure by end of year

Not sure of exact date yet, but this site will be shut down and converted to a simple memorial page by the end of the year sometime, in the honor of Merlin1047, Gaffer, Elessar & CSM. Something along the option of the following 2, or similar.

Absolutely nothing stunning as I'm not one who could do that anyway. It's just simple, but honoring the folks lost during our time and also honoring my word to always have those ribbons there in THEIR honor.

Or

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks fj1200, Kathianne, BoogyMan, Mr. P, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Wait... What?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    not sure of exact date yet, but this site will be shut down and converted to a simple memorial page by the end of the year sometime, in the honor of merlin1047, gaffer, elessar & csm. Something along the option of the following 2, or similar.

Absolutely nothing stunning as i'm not one who could do that anyway. It's just simple, but honoring the folks lost during our time and also honoring my word to always have those ribbons there in their honor.

Or

what? ! !!!!!!!
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

It's Not April Jim.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I received several PM's that made me sad, and made me think more about what the site means to some people.

It's a small group here but it means much to some people. Hopefully others will have an opportunity to pop in and add in their 2 cents.

The problem is that even though it may mean a lot to some folks out there - the entire idea of the board isn't really being met. And I cannot say enough and say THANK YOU to the amount of people that out right and/or sent me a message offering to send money somehow to help the site along somehow so that things won't close down. That's no issue though and I don't need any funding from anyone. But man, I can't say enough again how much it then means to ME that folks do want to help me somehow, or want to fund in somehow to keep things going.

I will simply base things on folks showing up here, folks actually posting - even if not politics and they just want to shoot the breeze about anything, like Darin sinking Rick's 4 wheeler, or how cool the UFC is compared to other sports, or discussing animals in any manner, or discussing music along with posting some to go along with it, or ANYTHING that is outside the norm that draws your interest. We will see how things play out, but if the site does mean much to folks, they will be here, it's that simple.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Kathianne, revelarts, SassyLady, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have just recently gotten to a point where I could come and discuss things here on a regular basis. I hate to hear that it will be shutting down. There are some really great folks here.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

9. Thanks SassyLady, Mr. P thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    I have just recently gotten to a point where I could come and discuss things here on a regular basis. I hate to hear that it will be shutting down. There are some really great folks here.
    Well, keep on coming here and keep on posting.

My decision was loosely made and made based on the obvious, members here and posting. It really is that simple.

This is NOT, NOT, NOT something I want. Based on deadness. I don't want to ever call out and/or list any names, but some great folks simply stopped coming here often. Or some folks still pop in here but then just don't participate. Everyone has their reasons and that's their business alone.

I wasn't planning on shutting down tomorrow. I was going to plan it over a few months period in order to allow folks to share things with one another. If somehow posting picks up again I will be more than happy to continue things! I ALWAYS called this place an adult family here. And many a time stressed that "small family". And that was true and still stands true. But it went from like a 20-30 group of great family members down to dwindling numbers. Whether that be from folks not coming around anymore to folks just not wanting to post much or at all anymore. I am happy to pay the bills and keep the structure going and handling any background issues as they may arise, domain stuff and all that happy jazz. But it's all for nuttin if folks don't post.

I'll play it day by day - but everyone sees the point it has gotten to, and unless something drastic changes, that's the direction. It's all up to all of us.

11. Thanks Kathianne, BoogyMan, fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I will miss coming here Jim.

It will be a sad day for all of us Jim. As for Gabby. Terrible memories of what all of us won't miss....

In a time when just the FEW of us find a place to meet...though not as often as in the past. YOUR D.P. has become somewhat of an OASIS or ISLAND where we can go to be away from the rest of the CRAZINESS, IGNORANCE, AND STUPIDITY that has invaded THE ONLY COUNTRY I, and MANY OTHERS HAVE EVER KNOWN.

I know it has to be difficult for you to make such a decision. But YOU have to do what your heart, and mind tells you to do. In either case. THANKS FOR THE LIBERTY!
    (A line from the movie Mister Roberts.)
    Last edited by icansayit; 06-20-2022 at 03:06 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

13. Thanks BoogyMan, Mr. P thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Well, keep on coming here and keep on posting.

My decision was loosely made and made based on the obvious, members here and posting. It really is that simple.

This is NOT, NOT, NOT something I want. Based on deadness. I don't want to ever call out and/or list any names, but some great folks simply stopped coming here often. Or some folks still pop in here but then just don't participate. Everyone has their reasons and that's their business alone.

I wasn't planning on shutting down tomorrow. I was going to plan it over a few months period in order to allow folks to share things with one another. If somehow posting picks up again I will be more than happy to continue things! I ALWAYS called this place an adult family here. And many a time stressed that "small family". And that was true and still stands true. But it went from like a 20-30 group of great family members down to dwindling numbers. Whether that be from folks not coming around anymore to folks just not wanting to post much or at all anymore. I am happy to pay the bills and keep the structure going and handling any background issues as they may arise, domain stuff and all that happy jazz. But it's all for nuttin if folks don't post.

I'll play it day by day - but everyone sees the point it has gotten to, and unless something drastic changes, that's the direction. It's all up to all of us.

Better?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Likes Mr. P, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Jim, this place of refuge if closed down would e a severe blow to some of us, definitely myself for sure. My friends made here are dear to my soul and my heart. Each one to me is a precious gem. I know you must do what you think best my friend, so Ipray this site does not vanish. Prayers are said for my dear friends here that have been a true godsend to this old and very tired soul. God bless.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

17. Thanks Mr. P, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Seriously JIm? This place is an online home. People live here. Have for many years. If you are tired of running it -- a valid complaint after this many years -- you are entitled to say so. Why have people left? Perhaps DP became too combative and too far to the right. Politics has created a bigger social divide than ever in the age of Trump. But always remember that DP is like Hotel California -- you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Seriously JIm? This place is an online home. People live here. Have for many years. If you are tired of running it -- a valid complaint after this many years -- you are entitled to say so. Why have people left? Perhaps DP became too combative and too far to the right. Politics has created a bigger social divide than ever in the age of Trump. But always remember that DP is like Hotel California -- you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.
    Look what the cat dragged in. Another dead bird with an empty head. And the poster child if ever there was one for the reason a board such as this one exists.

People are allowed to think for themselves here instead of being cancelled by the mobs on other boards full of bleating, fascist sheep that think the destruction of Law, the nation and society is a good thing. Everyone knows turning the US into a 3rd World shithole with the ultimate pussy for a President is what's best

I owe an apology to Jimbob, Rick and Darin for EVER defending you. I still defend your Right to open your mouth in your quarterly drive-by's to remind us how f-ing stupid you and your ilk are, bur finding you humorous was a luxury afforded before you and your losers projected your worthlessness onto the rest of us.

Whether you are you or your daughter today, DO have a nice one
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Gunny, thanks for your sweet and thoughtful reply. But flattery will get you nowhere. Yes, my daughter does exist. Just like your daughter exists. My kids recently celebrated her 21st birthday. How's that for time moving forward? If she were home now, she would join me in wishing you a happy father's day. Never change your loveably crusty curmudgeon self.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Gunny, thanks for your sweet and thoughtful reply. But flattery will get you nowhere. Yes, my daughter does exist. Just like your daughter exists. My kids recently celebrated her 21st birthday. How's that for time moving forward? If she were home now, she would join me in wishing you a happy father's day. Never change your loveably crusty curmudgeon self.
    Is it Gabby on meds? Or no? Have to wait for her to pretend to be her daughter or not to find out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Tell ya what Gunny. Why don't you post while pretending to be your daughter. Then I will put my daughter on and they can pretend to converse with each other.