Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There are people that firmly believe in drinking their own piss too. I don't listen to them either
    Yes, when insanity rules such vermin flourish and reveal their dark, abhorrent and idiotic ideas..
    Likely that a few of them re-eat thier on poop-since so much shhtttt spews out of their mouths..
    And are so outrageously proud to be dems....Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I would certainly watch this, but the headline you've chosen seems misleading at best:

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/t...od-2023-12-22/

An October 2023 press release announcing a partnership between meat processing company Tyson Foods and insect ingredients supplier Protix has been misrepresented online to falsely claim that it is evidence of insects being added to food for people. A Tyson Foods spokesperson said the deal would not impact any food products meant for human consumption.

In recent years, pet food manufacturers have turned to insects and larvae as a sustainable protein source to feed animals.

A post on Facebook (archived) shared a snippet of the press release with a caption suggesting the partnership may impact “chicken nuggets” for human consumption. Another post (archived) claimed that restaurants serving food “supplied by Tyson” would contain bugs.

However, the Tyson Foods press release did not mention the use of insects in food for people and screenshots shared online omit context about the products affected by the partnership.

The full press release, dated Oct. 17, 2023 (archived), states in the second paragraph that Tyson Foods and Protix have entered a joint venture to construct and operate “an insect ingredient facility” that will create “high-quality insect proteins and lipids which will primarily be used in the pet food, aquaculture, and livestock industries.”

A spokesperson for Tyson Foods said in a Dec. 21 email that the venture would manufacture products to be used as a “sustainable ingredient within premium pet food, and as sustainable protein alternatives for aquatic organisms such as salmon and shrimp,” adding that “these products are not being added to food intended for human consumption.”

The ingredients in Tyson Foods’ chicken nuggets are listed on the company’s website. It does not list insect derivatives.

(Updated on Dec. 22 to correct a formatting error in paragraph 2)

VERDICT

No evidence. The scope of Tyson Foods’ partnership with Protix is limited to the use of insect ingredients in animal feed, not in food meant for human consumption.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I would certainly watch this, but the headline you've chosen seems misleading at best:

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/t...od-2023-12-22/
    the headline for the thread includes everything in the thread, and it's not misleading at all really.

Also,I didn't post anything about "chicken nuggets" that your "fact check" mentions.

However, Protix's major focus does appear to be on feed for livestock like chicken and the like.
    BTW the World Economic Forum seem to really appreciate their work. And they are OVERT advocates of Humans eating bug products.

Protixs own website talks about innovation and "food".
    Quote Originally Posted by Protix
    ...From a lightbulb moment about the devastation caused by overfishing, Protix has now brought together the right combination of people, technology and commercial insights. We have the know-how to build up new facilities and commercial interactions and are on the verge of an exciting stage in bringing much-needed change to the global food and feed industry.
    As well as leading the world in the technical aspects of insect production, the company has a strong track record in innovation and commercial market introductions. Protix has been awarded by the World Economic Forum
    with the Technology Pioneer award. In 2020 Protix was nominated as the fastest growing Dutch company with a social mission by the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship. Protix was recognised as the most innovative Dutch company, and won the Dutch Innovation award 2020...
    https://protix.eu/press_and_media/tf_and_protix/
    MAYBE we should give Tyson and Protix the benny of the doubt.
    But I'm not sure why.
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-26-2023 at 12:54 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You're glossing over Tyson. I agree with the rest. I'm no fan of Tyson, won't buy their products.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You're glossing over Tyson. I agree with the rest. I'm no fan of Tyson, won't buy their products.
    Why? I'm not a fan of chicken at all I generally get local from HEB when I do force myself to eat it. Grandkids however think chicken nuggets are a basic food group.

I vaguely recall hearing something negative about Tyson but don't recall.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why? I'm not a fan of chicken at all I generally get local from HEB when I do force myself to eat it. Grandkids however think chicken nuggets are a basic food group.

I vaguely recall hearing something negative about Tyson but don't recall.
    It's several things, I don't go with 'boycotts,' but do avoid companies that seem unethical or just bad in general. (think of my opinions on Trump.)

Tyson was a big employer of illegals and paying them zippo-basically like Chinese treat their own people. Unsurprisingly they've been at ground zero at treating their pigs and chickens cruelly. Seems like there was more, but those two were enough for me. Mind you, I'm going back 15-20 years or so. Sometimes one just starts saying, 'no' to certain brands, regardless of price.