Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Honestly, while I did sink the 4-wheeler, it was back up and running and no worse for the wear within a few hours. And while sinking the sled daily sucked, it's harmless 'cept for Jim's pride, or what's left of it. Then was very gentle with his new sled, took no chances on that sucker! Same as the boat, was very uncomfortable the 1st trip when he just walked away from the wheel and told me to take over. On the Talkeetna river of all places! 6 feet here and then 2 inches if you move over a few feet. Rick tells me "just read the river". WTF? I don't know nothing about reading a damned river, I don't read much but the sports section and the comics! But never crashed her and had him take back over not much longer as I was a tad uncomfy.

Been lucky, my many screwups haven't left much lasting damage. Unless you count the extended beating I'll continue to be taking over the pee pit incident.

Don't think I ever dropped a glass of fireball though, nor a single sip! Nor any tequila, nor any of that nasty paint thinner the guy sold me for $80!
    I've driven boats all over the place. I wouldn't be comfortable driving a speedboat on a river I didn't know while drinking. Although, there was a this time on the St John's River .... Lost my boogeyboarder somewhere along the way. A JAX cop, no less
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've driven boats all over the place. I wouldn't be comfortable driving a speedboat on a river I didn't know while drinking. Although, there was a this time on the St John's River .... Lost my boogeyboarder somewhere along the way. A JAX cop, no less
    Maybe on a jet ski, or out on open water - but an extremely weird river with a ton of shallow areas, nope not for me. And the water is brown from the silt so you can't tell by looking down into the water. Then on top of that Rick also tells me "Keep it at 31 mph at all times to keep her running up river properly". Well hell, ya just told me to read the river, now I have to keep looking at the damn speedometer too? While I liked my time there in the summer just a tad better than the winter, it's much much easier getting up river (to me and for me) by taking the snow machines. So long as you stay on the compressed trail anyway.

The job of the board rider on the back is to not let go. If ya lost him, he let go. At least that's the way I think. Knowing you ya probably cut a turn and swung him into a tree.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Maybe on a jet ski, or out on open water - but an extremely weird river with a ton of shallow areas, nope not for me. And the water is brown from the silt so you can't tell by looking down into the water. Then on top of that Rick also tells me "Keep it at 31 mph at all times to keep her running up river properly". Well hell, ya just told me to read the river, now I have to keep looking at the damn speedometer too? While I liked my time there in the summer just a tad better than the winter, it's much much easier getting up river (to me and for me) by taking the snow machines. So long as you stay on the compressed trail anyway.

The job of the board rider on the back is to not let go. If ya lost him, he let go. At least that's the way I think. Knowing you ya probably cut a turn and swung him into a tree.
    I think losing a cop on the St John's was Freudian somehow

You're WAY overthinking it. "Losing a boarder" amounts to no more than having a good buz, enjoying the rays and not looking back
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think losing a cop on the St John's was Freudian somehow

You're WAY overthinking it. "Losing a boarder" amounts to no more than having a good buz, enjoying the rays and not looking back
    It's very odd that alcohol seemingly is involved in so many of these incidents. What a coincidence that is.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's very odd that alcohol seemingly is involved in so many of these incidents. What a coincidence that is.
    I know of a place in Myrtle Beach SC where you can get a $10 T-shirt for $100.
    If alcohol is involved!

Just saying
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    If alcohol is involved!

Just saying
    South of the Border? Not that I ever had a t-shirt from there

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    If alcohol is involved!

Just saying
    Damn, where the fu*k you always come from out of the blue to remind me of that shit? LOL

I remember that day vividly. Asked them in there about some "marijuana" stuff they were selling at the counter behind the glass. No clue back then but was that crap called spice or whatever the hell it's called. Saw a video of a guy smoke some and minutes later he bugged out and ended up jumping out his front window right through the shades and all! And hell, I remember as well that I was on the 16th floor looking down at the pool... I'm glad better judgement took over and I only got robbed for my tank top!

South of the Border? Not that I ever had a t-shirt from there
    My Dad used to drive us to Florida every year and we kids would be in the back of the truck he had that was all done up with beds and a table. Anyway, you would first see a sign like "Jose says come to South of the Border, only 1,000 miles away!" and then 500, 250, 200, and so on and on. Talk about making a kid anxious to go there! And 90% of the time Dad would whiz right on by as I looked out the rear window in desperation.

But no, I was solo at Myrtle Beach, may have visited the Crazy Horse gentlemans club too many times... can't recall if all the alcohol they force you to buy in there has any correlation to the t-shirt.