Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    Nonsense. That changes the meaning entirely. Do you imagine yourself a mindreader? Do you think ordinary people too dim to read and comprehend a simple sentence? Thank God you've arrived, Missileman; please - save us from ourselves!
    Someone has to point out the illogical leaps to conclusion that the people who are desperate for ammo against homosexuals make because the need it to be true. We've gone around and around on this topic several times. I'll make it very easy for you to shut me up. Find and link statistics from two studies that show that homosexuals are X percent more likely to engage in pedophilia than heterosexuals. That is the allegation, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    were outed and defrocked do you think there would be many left to preach morality to the faithful?
    Certainly... the percentage of pedophile clergy (priests, ministers, rabbis etc) is lower than in the general population.

I think a better question is, if all the pedophile teachers, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists were outed and had their respective licenses revoked, would there be any left?

The answer would still be yes, but I think people would be shocked at how many of those there are! I wonder how many people would send their kids to public schools then!

I think if you were to look in the papers you'd notice there are many more incidents of teachers, social workers etc being nabbed for fooling around with young kids than clergy.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    No it does not stand up to argument. I am trying to legislate nothing of the sort. I'm saying, leave others alone if their lifestyle does not affect you. Works for me. And it does nothing of the sort re the death of society or culture...
    Dude, biologically, homosexuality is illogical. Naturally, true homosexuals die without procreating. This of course goes against the natural law of procreation and perpetuation of the species. Morally, few societies have accepted homosexual behavior and even fewer have accepted it as normal behavior.

Whether or not it "works for you," it is STILL attempting to legislate YOUR morality.

And yeah, once all moral standards in a society are gone, the society ceases to exist. You can see the beginning of it in our society now. We used to have a common bond and will. It's been suffering the effects of erosion for quite awhile. When that common will is gone, so too will be our current society.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Dude, biologically, homosexuality is illogical. Naturally, true homosexuals die without procreating. This of course goes against the natural law of procreation and perpetuation of the species. Morally, few societies have accepted homosexual behavior and even fewer have accepted it as normal behavior.

Whether or not it "works for you," it is STILL attempting to legislate YOUR morality.

And yeah, once all moral standards in a society are gone, the society ceases to exist. You can see the beginning of it in our society now. We used to have a common bond and will. It's been suffering the effects of erosion for quite awhile. When that common will is gone, so too will be our current society.

Going against nature is a fallicious argument. Men fly planes, dive under water. All things we are not designed to do.

I am not trying to legislate anything. Homosexuality has been around since day one. It is nothing new. Same with prostitution. Name one society that has crumbled due to homosexuality or prostitution.

And what are those moral standards? Who gets to decide? what should be the moral compass? Christianity's tenets? Judism? Islam? Mormon? Budhist?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I
    Incidentally, Dr. Cameron revised those numbers downward - to 20-40% - in the interest of truth and accuracy.

Any sane, prudent person who is not willfully blind can see an alarming correlation between the behaviors of homosexuality and pedophilia.
    Shouldn't be too hard to prove. BTW, on two other threads - one here, the other the USMB, I have already shown Cameron's work to be quackery. Bill Bennett no less, has dismissed the findings too...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Name one society that has crumbled due to homosexuality or prostitution.
    The city of Sodom.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The city of Sodom.
    Only if you believe that.

Next thing you'll be saying is that there were no dinosaurs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The city of Sodom.
    Apparently. Name one in the last 1000 years...hell, 2000 years. And Sodom and Gomorah were cities, not whole societies....and the stories are allegorical, not fact...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Someone has to point out the illogical leaps to conclusion that the people who are desperate for ammo against homosexuals make because the need it to be true.
    If anything, it is your attempts to do everyone's thinking for them that seems illogical and desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman
    We've gone around and around on this topic several times. I'll make it very easy for you to shut me up.
    You can talk all you want, my friend - it doesn't bother me a bit. But you're not going to be able to turn down into up, even if you talk all week.

Find and link statistics from two studies that show that homosexuals are X percent more likely to engage in pedophilia than heterosexuals.
    Why should I? You haven't refuted the original study! Tell you what - I'll make it easy for YOU. Find me scientific evidence that proves - without attempting to twist and change the meanings of the words "homosexual", or "comprise", or "pedophile", or "percent", or "molestations", or "of" - that Dr. Cameron is wrong when he states that "while homosexuals comprise 1-3% of the population, they account for 20-40% of child molestations".

Let's be clear on this.

1. "Dr. Cameron is a bum and a dirty dog" is not going to help here.

2. The concept of the homosexual super-predator is not only irrelevant, but harmful to your case; a behavior which - by its very existence - produces such a monster should be viewed with trepidation by anyone with half a brain. THIS should be "mainstreamed"? THIS should be legitimized?

3. Any of the aforementioned attempts to pervert the language of this 20+ year-old finding will be interpreted as a concession that it remains irrefutable.

Simply put, I need plain, black-and-white proof which states that Dr. Cameron is wrong; something along the lines of "fewer than 20-40% of child molestations are homosexual in nature". It has to be THAT straightforward - THAT clean. If it is one iota less clear than that, any sane, prudent, and unbiased person who is half awake should take it that Dr. Cameron's findings stand.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Apparently. Name one in the last 1000 years...hell, 2000 years. And Sodom and Gomorah were cities, not whole societies....and the stories are allegorical, not fact...
    The story of Sodom is not fact? Good Lord - next thing you know, you'll be saying the world is flat.

wow.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Sodom and Gomorrah are allegorical (which is not what the context says at all, but we'll roll with it), what could it possibly be allegorical of, except that God holds homosexual behavior in great enough disdain to 'allegorically' destroy societies that allow it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    If Sodom and Gomorrah are allegorical (which is not what the context says at all, but we'll roll with it), what could it possibly be allegorical of, except that God holds homosexual behavior in great enough disdain to 'allegorically' destroy societies that allow it?
    So, now us non-believers have to believe in a standard of behaviour that a god set? And what makes you think what he did was right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why should I? You haven't refuted the original study! Tell you what - I'll make it easy for YOU. Find me scientific evidence that proves - without attempting to twist and change the meanings of the words "homosexual", or "comprise", or "pedophile", or "percent", or "molestations", or "of" - that Dr. Cameron is wrong when he states that "while homosexuals comprise 1-3% of the population, they account for 20-40% of child molestations".

Let's be clear on this.

1. "Dr. Cameron is a bum and a dirty dog" is not going to help here.

2. The concept of the homosexual super-predator is not only irrelevant, but harmful to your case; a behavior which - by its very existence - produces such a monster should be viewed with trepidation by anyone with half a brain. THIS should be "mainstreamed"? THIS should be legitimized?

3. Any of the aforementioned attempts to pervert the language of this 20+ year-old finding will be interpreted as a concession that it remains irrefutable.

Simply put, I need plain, black-and-white proof which states that Dr. Cameron is wrong; something along the lines of "fewer than 20-40% of child molestations are homosexual in nature". It has to be THAT straightforward - THAT clean. If it is one iota less clear than that, any sane, prudent, and unbiased person who is half awake should take it that Dr. Cameron's findings stand.
    For the sake of argument, I'll cop to Cameron's findings being spot on. All you have to do is show how his findings prove that a homosexual is more likely than a heterosexual to engage in pedophilia by x percentage. It has to be THAT straightforward...no inuendo, no supposition, no twisting of the evidence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    For the sake of argument, I'll cop to Cameron's findings being spot on.
    Then, technically, we have nothing to argue about.

All you have to do is show how his findings prove that a homosexual is more likely than a heterosexual to engage in pedophilia by x percentage. It has to be THAT straightforward...no inuendo, no supposition, no twisting of the evidence.
    I suppose someone who's really into crunching numbers could spit out some fairly reasonable statistical probabilities, but I'm not really about that. If we accept the findings just as they're stated, then people can draw their own commonsense conclusions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Missileman

You shouldn't done that re Cameron for he is far from spot on...