Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Default Officers with Higher Rank Get Better Care than Those with Lower Ranks at Military Hos

Wonder how much time, effort and money was wasted on this genius study? Most military personnel services have published priority lists by rank. That's for routine care. They handle emergencies based severity.

Shit, officers get head of line privileges at the base barber shops. Followed by Senior NCOs.

Of course it is looked at negatively. When I was in, it was something to look forward to as you moved up the ladder. Privileges of rank.

Officers with Higher Rank Get Better Care than Those with Lower Ranks at Military Hospitals, Study Finds | Military.com
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Wonder how much time, effort and money was wasted on this genius study? Most military personnel services have published priority lists by rank. That's for routine care. They handle emergencies based severity.

Shit, officers get head of line privileges at the base barber shops. Followed by Senior NCOs.

Of course it is looked at negatively. When I was in, it was something to look forward to as you moved up the ladder. Privileges of rank.

Officers with Higher Rank Get Better Care than Those with Lower Ranks at Military Hospitals, Study Finds | Military.com
    There's a hankering for communism in academic mode, not reality based. Then again we're talking about the peers at Ivies that demonstrate no knowledge of ME conflics.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    There's a hankering for communism in academic mode, not reality based. Then again we're talking about the peers at Ivies that demonstrate no knowledge of ME conflics.
    At the risk of repeating some of what you said, and expounding on it ...

I see nothing in this but entitled/privileged (mostly in mind) trying to stir shit where it's none of their damned business, and obviously beyond their comprehension. In the past, troops would rarely see such garbage, but in today's info age

Just a little of how it was back when: when I made Corporal, I got to move out of an open squad bay where there were 40 racks, bunked, divided only partially by wall lockers into a two-man room. I no longer scrubbed the shitters on Field Day, I supervised others doing it. I was no longer the Rifleman in the Squad, I was the Squad leader. I could go to the NCO Club instead of the Enlisted Club (animal house).

Other side of that coin: As a junior NCO I got every NCO shit job there was. Duty NCO. Being in charge of BS details. Accountability/responsibility for 12 Marines rather than just myself. Having to lead PT. For every privilege of rank, there were a dozen shit jobs to go with it. With each rank, more privileges and more responsibility.

I seriously doubt many if any of these people of which you/I mention have any idea what that is like. Last I checked they come out of school wanting to start out as CEO somewhere We used to have to earn our stuff.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

what a waste of "study" time.
    I can't even remember a time when, generally speaking, VA hospitals had a good reputation of care.

I know a guy that started working at a VA hospital near me. He won't say how bad it is there but he's doesn't have much good to say. and wants to leave after working there about a 1year.

video below is a 10 year old news report about VA hospitals ... (could probably find some from 20, 30 & 40 years ago)
    this one talks briefly about congressional reports about Vets dying while on a waiting list for treatment.
    Except if your higher rank i guess.? I don't know. not mentioned here.
    But no one needs a new study, or needs to be a communist or a woke academic to realize that the VAs needed an overhaul long ago.
    Every blue moon it shows up as a presidential candidate's talking point. "I'm going to take care of our veterans!"

Last edited by revelarts; 05-20-2024 at 07:06 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

some comment from under previous 8 year old video
    --https://youtu.be/VCqXeKI8Zkg---

@delainarico8915
    2 years ago
    Veteran in 2022 here. This man’s compassion has gone further than he will ever know. I wish more people would speak out because I don’t think much Has changed.

@cedrikwhittaker7833
    2 years ago
    I used to work as a VA scheduler. I quit my job in June 2021 for the exact same reason. The problem I noticed is the VA leadership is filled with civilians that are sometimes JEALOUS of the benefits veterans get so they make it harder. Nepotism is a huge issue. People getting government jobs for their children that don’t have any appreciation for their elders let alone Veterans. I worked at the on in North Little Rock, Arkansas. That place needs to be investigated

@justdont2019
    2 years ago
    As a veteran who has been mistreated and abused by the VA, I am so very grateful for this man’s honesty and integrity.

@youstupidfoo565
    2 years ago
    I know this guy personally. He's still my brother. I'm glad he came forward with this.

@nme.8473
    2 years ago (edited)
    I can tell you that everything that this man stated is still going on at Hines VA in 2022.

@Tsudkyk
    2 years ago
    I really appreciate this man for his honesty.

@mamaslitterbug3071
    2 years ago
    Please someone give this young man a job!! He would be such an asset for any company!! I'm so proud of your integrity!!!

@shamgar5573
    2 years ago
    I have worked for the VA of 10 years. I would be very interested in providing even more shocking information to why the VA is the way it is.

@furlycee
    2 years ago
    As a case manager for homeless veterans, I can confirm that calling our local VA hospital for an appointment is a joke. On hold forever, then they say your doctor will call you back, then they just never will call back. I usually tell people to just go in person and try to have a walk-in appointment.

@jackiebrooks2276
    2 years ago
    This makes me so angry. They take our children to fight for our country yet they abandon them when they need help. My heart breaks

@jimglandon6366
    2 years ago
    We need more people like this in the V.A.! I am a disabled vet and my wife is a v.a. nurse and we are constantly dismayed at lack of true health care. It's actually more about sick care than health care!

@carrieharvey8667
    2 years ago
    He’s a good man a good human! Don’t let that rest on your shoulders , heart or mind! God knows your heart!
    Good luck young man!

@phillyguy2736
    2 years ago
    You can tell this really hurt this man's heart.

@Fetchup
    6 years ago
    I wish all VA employees cared as much as this guy. We would t be dying as fast

@amandacastle7209
    2 years ago
    This man should be in higher management at the VA, we need more people like him calling them out for not helping our veterans, gosh bless him

@ladyrocket99
    2 years ago
    May God bless that man for his honesty and openness. Thank you for coming forward.

@ReigningWomban
    2 years ago
    God bless this man and I pray he finds peace and resolve with his convicted heart and continues to have compassion.

@nomad5031
    5 years ago
    Another thing they do is cancel your appointment when you ask to reschedule. Then they flag you for whatever. They play games with too many lives at the VA.

@sylviarosario6503
    2 years ago
    This gentleman is AMAZING. God bless him for being honest.

@mksoct1st09
    8 months ago
    Formerly was a Scheduler at a VA Call Center. Leadership only cared about numbers/stats. It wasn’t about helping out the vets, but more of getting the vets off the phone as quickly as possible. Your metrics were scrutinized daily and expected to maintain a call time of 3 1/2 mins. Our vets deserve better !!!

@frankcasey7423
    3 years ago
    Wow! Incredibly brave and caring guy! Just would like to say thank you to this gentleman for bringing this to everyone’s attention! You are an awesome individual! Thank you from this veteran!

@kristyh1111
    2 years ago
    As a current VA clerk, there are things that truly upset me as well. I wish i could work in upper management and voice my concerns and maybe they actually be heard. It truly upsets me and yes, things are likely not going to change that much.

@sunii4264
    2 years ago
    Went w/my Vet sister to a few appts at the Detroit VA same there 2021. Couldn't have told me that Vets were so poorly treated. Brought tears to my eyes.

@llayura82
    2 years ago
    My respect to all of the veterans in the comments. Thank You!!!!

@JonnyBgooD007
    2 years ago
    As a previous scheduler, the problem is that's they hire non-veterans. They don't care about Vets and they complain about them all the time. When I started, in 3 weeks, I brought 4 years of backdated/delayed appointments!

@freecat1278
    4 years ago
    This is absolutely true. I saw a clerk put the file of certain patient they considered troublesome at the bottom of a stack on someone else's desk who was on vacation. Clerks will mess with you for personal reasons without instructions from their supervisors. People who care have a hard time & often quit leaving veterans to deal with the worst of the worst.

@cutietootie1785
    2 years ago
    Thank you for stepping up and telling the truth.

@t.rodgers1438
    2 years ago
    I give mad props to this guy for having a heart and speaking out on this. I hope that more will speak out to help bring about the changes that are desperately needed, because this is completely unacceptable.

@coreywilliams4116
    2 years ago
    As a Veteran, this rings so true... I'm awaiting to see a Neurosurgeon that I have been asking for over 8 years now to be seen for back and neck injuries that I suffered in a car accident... I wasn't awarded a TBI for said accident... I was actually on the phone with a neurologist and she asked me about it when I had my C&P in 2014... This was in 2020, her supervisor made her go on hold... She came back to the phone and never said anything else about it... I hired a lawyer to get me 100% in 2020 and finally got that rating in 2021... I should have been 100% back in 2013... The VA has been horrible to me in so many instances, I was seeing a urologist due to my testosterone being low... This Bastard actual asked me if I thought that my daughter who was in the hospital at the time was my child!!!

@pjay3586
    4 years ago
    Good bless his heart . Thank you for not being afraid to speak out

@nativeamericansede4452
    2 years ago
    OIF Vet here. I just want to say thank you Sir, for having compassion for Nations Veterans.🇺🇲

@nakeyaguy1364
    2 years ago
    Bless this man's heart. He is of few to stand up for good.

@jrenea87
    2 years ago
    I’m a veteran and it is hell to get help. I have to pay for private insurance just because the care is subpar.

@cometandkitty4885
    2 years ago
    As a veteran, I'm still experiencing all of this! An appointment I waited 5 months for was just canceled. I do not have a new one as of yet. This happens so much, most of us give up before being seen.

@SGT_O
    2 years ago
    100% disabled vet here.... none of this has changed. Not in Oklahoma. But this mans integrity does make me happy to know some actually care.

@AB7N.C
    2 years ago
    This wonderful Man is a Hero for coming forward.

@bettycapps
    2 years ago
    My husband experienced this many times. It took 9 months for the VA to discover a 3mm lung cancer to get him to a cancer center. Communications at the VA are worse than awful! HUGE DISGRACE!

@byronowens8231
    2 years ago
    I’m a veteran of the Iraq war and not once in over 10 years since my honorable discharge have I received the type of service at the VA that the government has promised myself and other veterans. We sacrificed everything for American citizens, why do American citizens turn their back’s on veterans and refuse to look us in the eyes. When I stand before God on my day of judgment I will have to answer for many things, thankfully I can hold my head up with pride and honor knowing I didn’t betray those who paid the price for freedom.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    what a waste of "study" time.
    I can't even remember a time when, generally speaking, VA hospitals had a good reputation of care.

I know a guy that started working at a VA hospital near me. He won't say how bad it is there but he's doesn't have much good to say. and wants to leave after working there about a 1year.

video below is a 10 year old news report about VA hospitals ... (could probably find some from 20, 30 & 40 years ago)
    this one talks briefly about congressional reports about Vets dying while on a waiting list for treatment.
    Except if your higher rank i guess.? I don't know. not mentioned here.
    But no one needs a new study, or needs to be a communist or a woke academic to realize that the VAs needed an overhaul long ago.
    Every blue moon it shows up as a presidential candidate's talking point. "I'm going to take care of our veterans!"

VA medical care has zero to do with active duty medical care, or even retirees who don't receive medical care through the VA. I've heard both good and bad about the VA. Not so much dependent on rank but the treatment needed.

I can get treatment at an active duty facility. As a retiree, I'm last in line. Understandable to a point. Any appointment is 3 months out and Heaven forbid you need anything from the pharmacy. Last in line there too. It's an all day wait. It's free though if I want to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    some comment from under previous 8 year old video
    --https://youtu.be/VCqXeKI8Zkg---

@delainarico8915
    2 years ago
    Veteran in 2022 here. This man’s compassion has gone further than he will ever know. I wish more people would speak out because I don’t think much Has changed.

@cedrikwhittaker7833
    2 years ago
    I used to work as a VA scheduler. I quit my job in June 2021 for the exact same reason. The problem I noticed is the VA leadership is filled with civilians that are sometimes JEALOUS of the benefits veterans get so they make it harder. Nepotism is a huge issue. People getting government jobs for their children that don’t have any appreciation for their elders let alone Veterans. I worked at the on in North Little Rock, Arkansas. That place needs to be investigated

@justdont2019
    2 years ago
    As a veteran who has been mistreated and abused by the VA, I am so very grateful for this man’s honesty and integrity.

@youstupidfoo565
    2 years ago
    I know this guy personally. He's still my brother. I'm glad he came forward with this.

@nme.8473
    2 years ago (edited)
    I can tell you that everything that this man stated is still going on at Hines VA in 2022.

@Tsudkyk
    2 years ago
    I really appreciate this man for his honesty.

@mamaslitterbug3071
    2 years ago
    Please someone give this young man a job!! He would be such an asset for any company!! I'm so proud of your integrity!!!

@shamgar5573
    2 years ago
    I have worked for the VA of 10 years. I would be very interested in providing even more shocking information to why the VA is the way it is.

@furlycee
    2 years ago
    As a case manager for homeless veterans, I can confirm that calling our local VA hospital for an appointment is a joke. On hold forever, then they say your doctor will call you back, then they just never will call back. I usually tell people to just go in person and try to have a walk-in appointment.

@jackiebrooks2276
    2 years ago
    This makes me so angry. They take our children to fight for our country yet they abandon them when they need help. My heart breaks

@jimglandon6366
    2 years ago
    We need more people like this in the V.A.! I am a disabled vet and my wife is a v.a. nurse and we are constantly dismayed at lack of true health care. It's actually more about sick care than health care!

@carrieharvey8667
    2 years ago
    He’s a good man a good human! Don’t let that rest on your shoulders , heart or mind! God knows your heart!
    Good luck young man!

@phillyguy2736
    2 years ago
    You can tell this really hurt this man's heart.

@Fetchup
    6 years ago
    I wish all VA employees cared as much as this guy. We would t be dying as fast

@amandacastle7209
    2 years ago
    This man should be in higher management at the VA, we need more people like him calling them out for not helping our veterans, gosh bless him

@ladyrocket99
    2 years ago
    May God bless that man for his honesty and openness. Thank you for coming forward.

@ReigningWomban
    2 years ago
    God bless this man and I pray he finds peace and resolve with his convicted heart and continues to have compassion.

@nomad5031
    5 years ago
    Another thing they do is cancel your appointment when you ask to reschedule. Then they flag you for whatever. They play games with too many lives at the VA.

@sylviarosario6503
    2 years ago
    This gentleman is AMAZING. God bless him for being honest.

@mksoct1st09
    8 months ago
    Formerly was a Scheduler at a VA Call Center. Leadership only cared about numbers/stats. It wasn’t about helping out the vets, but more of getting the vets off the phone as quickly as possible. Your metrics were scrutinized daily and expected to maintain a call time of 3 1/2 mins. Our vets deserve better !!!

@frankcasey7423
    3 years ago
    Wow! Incredibly brave and caring guy! Just would like to say thank you to this gentleman for bringing this to everyone’s attention! You are an awesome individual! Thank you from this veteran!

@kristyh1111
    2 years ago
    As a current VA clerk, there are things that truly upset me as well. I wish i could work in upper management and voice my concerns and maybe they actually be heard. It truly upsets me and yes, things are likely not going to change that much.

@sunii4264
    2 years ago
    Went w/my Vet sister to a few appts at the Detroit VA same there 2021. Couldn't have told me that Vets were so poorly treated. Brought tears to my eyes.

@llayura82
    2 years ago
    My respect to all of the veterans in the comments. Thank You!!!!

@JonnyBgooD007
    2 years ago
    As a previous scheduler, the problem is that's they hire non-veterans. They don't care about Vets and they complain about them all the time. When I started, in 3 weeks, I brought 4 years of backdated/delayed appointments!

@freecat1278
    4 years ago
    This is absolutely true. I saw a clerk put the file of certain patient they considered troublesome at the bottom of a stack on someone else's desk who was on vacation. Clerks will mess with you for personal reasons without instructions from their supervisors. People who care have a hard time & often quit leaving veterans to deal with the worst of the worst.

@cutietootie1785
    2 years ago
    Thank you for stepping up and telling the truth.

@t.rodgers1438
    2 years ago
    I give mad props to this guy for having a heart and speaking out on this. I hope that more will speak out to help bring about the changes that are desperately needed, because this is completely unacceptable.

@coreywilliams4116
    2 years ago
    As a Veteran, this rings so true... I'm awaiting to see a Neurosurgeon that I have been asking for over 8 years now to be seen for back and neck injuries that I suffered in a car accident... I wasn't awarded a TBI for said accident... I was actually on the phone with a neurologist and she asked me about it when I had my C&P in 2014... This was in 2020, her supervisor made her go on hold... She came back to the phone and never said anything else about it... I hired a lawyer to get me 100% in 2020 and finally got that rating in 2021... I should have been 100% back in 2013... The VA has been horrible to me in so many instances, I was seeing a urologist due to my testosterone being low... This Bastard actual asked me if I thought that my daughter who was in the hospital at the time was my child!!!

@pjay3586
    4 years ago
    Good bless his heart . Thank you for not being afraid to speak out

@nativeamericansede4452
    2 years ago
    OIF Vet here. I just want to say thank you Sir, for having compassion for Nations Veterans.🇺🇲

@nakeyaguy1364
    2 years ago
    Bless this man's heart. He is of few to stand up for good.

@jrenea87
    2 years ago
    I’m a veteran and it is hell to get help. I have to pay for private insurance just because the care is subpar.

@cometandkitty4885
    2 years ago
    As a veteran, I'm still experiencing all of this! An appointment I waited 5 months for was just canceled. I do not have a new one as of yet. This happens so much, most of us give up before being seen.

@SGT_O
    2 years ago
    100% disabled vet here.... none of this has changed. Not in Oklahoma. But this mans integrity does make me happy to know some actually care.

@AB7N.C
    2 years ago
    This wonderful Man is a Hero for coming forward.

@bettycapps
    2 years ago
    My husband experienced this many times. It took 9 months for the VA to discover a 3mm lung cancer to get him to a cancer center. Communications at the VA are worse than awful! HUGE DISGRACE!

@byronowens8231
    2 years ago
    I’m a veteran of the Iraq war and not once in over 10 years since my honorable discharge have I received the type of service at the VA that the government has promised myself and other veterans. We sacrificed everything for American citizens, why do American citizens turn their back’s on veterans and refuse to look us in the eyes. When I stand before God on my day of judgment I will have to answer for many things, thankfully I can hold my head up with pride and honor knowing I didn’t betray those who paid the price for freedom.

11. Likes revelarts liked this post