Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I watch "Most Haunted" just about every Friday night on the travel channel.
    have you ever watched T.A.P.S. on the sci-fi channel? Those guys certainly leave one with the impression they honestly depict what they experience, and they have documented things which are very hard to explain away.....

such as this....

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-s...ideo/ESPhq.wmv

or this....

Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 08-21-2007 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    have you ever watched T.A.P.S. on the sci-fi channel? Those guys certainly leave one with the impression they honestly depict what they experience, and they have documented things which are very hard to explain away.....

such as this....

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-s...ideo/ESPhq.wmv

or this....

I do watch them too when I remember, or see it listed on the TV guide. They've recorded some pretty odd stuff too. I watched them one night, and a little toy truck came flying out of this little garage it was in on a shelf. The garage had a LIP on it, so there was NO WAY it could have just ROLLED out of it off the shelf. It had to have been forced. They caught it on camera. Now how did that happen?

And that reminded me of another time I was sitting in an apartment with the dad of this girl I was dating in this old remodeled hotel back in Wisconsin. We'd sit up there and have a couple cold ones and watch the main drag in town out the windows, when one night we were sitting there, this coffee pot sitting on top of his refrigerator came flying out of it's base and hit the wall and rolled onto the floor. It was a modern drip coffee maker, and the warmer plates on them are dipped so that the pot sits securely in it. There is no way they can just, "come flying out of it." Not too long ago, an old guy we all called Mink died in his apartment crossed the hall. So after I picked up the coffee pot and put it back in the maker on the warmer, we both asked Mink not to do it again, and it didn't happen again.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-21-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    ???...egotistical?....hey, it was His idea, not mine.....
    And could it not also be his idea to make a universe just for us to examine and explore?
    "Let me at least not die without a struggle, inglorious, but having done some big thing first, for men to come to know of." - Hector

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen a ufo. Me and my dad saw it. It looked like a bright, shooting star that moved erratically and could stop and change direction. It was neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'd love to do that myself.

No strange sounds or anything in the night?
    It really was extremely well done. A couple of times - and this was in the middle of the day - the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, especially when the guide pointed out some things that happened, that had several witnesses and were just unexplainable. If anyone gets a chance, take the tour, it's definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider:

Alcatraz isn't very far from where I am. San Franfreakshow is just over the hills, maybe four hours from Reno. There's an evening tour of it that last about an hour and a half through the place, and it's pretty cheap. I REALLY want to take that tour.

I took a tour during the day at Alcatraz. Again, it was really interesting. The place is totally depressing though. But because of the history it's informative.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lance View Post
    And could it not also be his idea to make a universe just for us to examine and explore?
    That's an issue I juggle around in my mind sometimes. I've got it down to two questions.

1. If we're the only planet in the universe with intelligent life on it, why?
    2. If we're not the only planet in the universe with intelligent life on it, why?

I can go just about anywhere from those two questions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    I spent several nights on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. I did the tour they run where the actors come out and play their roles as the narrator tells you some of the weird things that happened on the ship. It was really good, very well done. Even in the middle of the day the tour was very atmospheric. I remember being shown the cabin with the bloodstains in the carpet. That one was admittedly weird. From memory a young woman was murdered in the cabin and she bled on the carpet. Apparently they have tried to remove the blood stains (they are very faded) but they keep coming back.

Of course that could be a load of old tosh, I don't know. Still, it was a great tour around the ship.

Okay, I did have a problem getting to sleep that night.....but then I have a fiercely active imagination.
    I did that tour too! Funny thing as I have zip interests in ghosts, what stands out in my mind were the cabins. I was especially taken with the artifacts of the girl child.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I did that tour too! Funny thing as I have zip interests in ghosts, what stands out in my mind were the cabins. I was especially taken with the artifacts of the girl child.
    I don't remember that bit...I wish I'd taken some photos and now I can't remember even if photography was permitted. I like the bit where the "officer" from the past came out and did his bit and the place in the engine room where someone saw a ghost and there was some evidence for it as well. And that cabin with the bloodstains. I seem to remember also the swimming pool below decks (I hope I'm not confusing it with something else) which was very atmospheric. Good fun. Okay I admit, I kept looking over my shoulder as I was walking along

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't remember that bit...I wish I'd taken some photos and now I can't remember even if photography was permitted. I like the bit where the "officer" from the past came out and did his bit and the place in the engine room where someone saw a ghost and there was some evidence for it as well. And that cabin with the bloodstains. I seem to remember also the swimming pool below decks (I hope I'm not confusing it with something else) which was very atmospheric. Good fun. Okay I admit, I kept looking over my shoulder as I was walking along
    LOL! I just remember being disappointed that the weather was too bad to go out to the island, Catalina? This was back in 2000 and I was in LA for a grad class. This was an excursion some of us had decided to take. Very cool. We had this 'stipend money' and couldn't wait to drop it.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 08-21-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's an issue I juggle around in my mind sometimes. I've got it down to two questions.

2. If we're not the only planet in the universe with intelligent life on it, why?

We simply don't have enough information to decide this yet. The conditions for life are extremely strict, but it's a big universe out there, and we haven't even seen the surface of most planets. Since God didn't see fit to add a biology appendix after Revelation, it seems we humans will have to find out for ourselves.
    "Let me at least not die without a struggle, inglorious, but having done some big thing first, for men to come to know of." - Hector

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spent several nights on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. I did the tour they run where the actors come out and play their roles as the narrator tells you some of the weird things that happened on the ship. It was really good, very well done. Even in the middle of the day the tour was very atmospheric. I remember being shown the cabin with the bloodstains in the carpet. That one was admittedly weird. From memory a young woman was murdered in the cabin and she bled on the carpet. Apparently they have tried to remove the blood stains (they are very faded) but they keep coming back.

Of course that could be a load of old tosh, I don't know. Still, it was a great tour around the ship.

Okay, I did have a problem getting to sleep that night.....but then I have a fiercely active imagination.
    They did the Queen Mary on Ghost Hunters. Unfortunately one or more of the employees tried to trick the cameras and got caught. It looked so cool, until they showed how it was done. Nothing real cool happened while they were there.

On my honeymoon we went to the U.K. and stayed in only 'haunted' places, snapping pictures, etc. Unfortunately nothing cool happened. Next time we plan on staying longer and visiting less places and trying to get some EVPs as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting questions.

I figure since "they say" that the universe has no end, that it's infinite, there HAS to be life out there, EXACTLY the same as ours. If not, the term infinite isn't accurate.

The problem I have with thinking the universe is has no end, well they can't prove that either, because by the time they see so far away, the light that's hitting the earth that we see is billions, trillions of light years away, hell, who knows how old it is. What we're looking at may not even be there anymore.

As far as ghosts go, if the body has no soul, then why does the body lose weight upon the moment of death? That would also give one the impression that the soul has mass, and can be measured. And how can people that "die" and are resuscitated know exactly what happened to them while they were dead?
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-21-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mathematically, if Evolution Theory is correct, there is no possible way that we are the only intelligent life in the universe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lance View Post
    We simply don't have enough information to decide this yet. The conditions for life are extremely strict, but it's a big universe out there, and we haven't even seen the surface of most planets. Since God didn't see fit to add a biology appendix after Revelation, it seems we humans will have to find out for ourselves.
    That's why I like exploring those questions. It fills me with a sense of wonder. Sometimes, when I'm travelling in the outback, I'll be sitting back and looking at the stars and out there with the clear night air and if there are no clouds, the feeling you get looking at all those stars is almost transcendental. It's actually scary to look out and think, "those are all suns, probably larger than ours, they have planets." And then I think, what if we are the only inhabited planet? And usually I'll follow that up with but what if a fraction of those suns have planets with intelligent life? Then I give up because I get a burst of existential angst

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No1tovote4 View Post
    They did the Queen Mary on Ghost Hunters. Unfortunately one or more of the employees tried to trick the cameras and got caught. It looked so cool, until they showed how it was done. Nothing real cool happened while they were there.
    I seen a couple different programs on the QEII, and one of them had cameras set up, up in the bow, where they say a lot of noises come from. They didn't capture any aparitions, but they did get a lot of unexplained noises.

Quote Originally Posted by No1tovote4 View Post
    On my honeymoon we went to the U.K. and stayed in only 'haunted' places, snapping pictures, etc. Unfortunately nothing cool happened. Next time we plan on staying longer and visiting less places and trying to get some EVPs as well.
    That's very cool No1.

So I take it you've seen the movie "White Noise."