Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A WAR WITH ISALM?

Please show us a quote from Bush saying we are at war with Islam?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    A WAR WITH ISALM?

Please show us a quote from Bush saying we are at war with Islam?
    Bush never said it. He's too politically correct to say that. But the simple fact is we are at war with islam. You really need to read up on islam. It's not the peaceful little religious cult its been made out to be over the years. The threat of islam is far greater to you and your rights under the constitution than Bush could ever be.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Bush never said it. He's too politically correct to say that. But the simple fact is we are at war with islam. You really need to read up on islam. It's not the peaceful little religious cult its been made out to be over the years. The threat of islam is far greater to you and your rights under the constitution than Bush could ever be.
    You may want us to be at war with Islam but you are alone in those thoughts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It has nothing to do with what I want. And I am definitely not alone.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, he's not alone. Even Muslims here that I know recognize that fact and that its a neccessity to war with Islam. As my Paki friend with whom I share music says "the radicals are the majority in the Muslim world and there is negotiating with them, you will have to kill each and every one including women and children.

Now Loose are you going to tell me you know better than an actual Muslim born in the Muslim lands?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

It doesn't matter what we want, the fact of the matter is, radical Islam has declared war on the west, the U.S. primarily. And they did so years ago.

The roots of militant/radical Islam can be traced to the 1920's, when a few Arab academics borrowed secular, totalitarian ideologies such as Communism and Fascism from Europe. In the 1970's, secular totalitarian regimes began to be replaced with Islamic totalitarian regimes, a prime example of this is the rise of the Ayatollahs in Iran in 1979.

The hostage incident at the American embassy in Iran in 1979 was the first salvo, it marked the beginning of the Islamist war against the United States.

Subsequently we had more attacks against America. The bombing of the marines in 1983, the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993, and the bombing of American embassies in 1998, the attack on the Cole, all were signs of the growing threat of radical Islam.

Throughout all of this, as opposed to calling them acts of war, each of these events was seen as a crime. The actors were seen as perpetrators to be tried under a penal code. Even though the 1993 WTC attack was said to be a "wake up call," there was no serious change in policy, and anti-terrorism efforts remained under the umbrella of law enforcement.

On 9-11 we finally declared war on terrorism, using the civilian authorities as well as the military and intelligence communities to help fight it. The war in Afghanistan was our first attempt to go after the force that caused the crime, and our transportation and immigration laws have undergone some changes, but not enough.

The Bush administration and the media have been too politically correct to correctly identify America's enemy. The enemy is not terrorism. It is not Islam, per se. The enemy is militant Islam, ideological Islam. Everybody knows this, or they should. The media refuse to tell us this. Calling this conflict "the war on terrorism" is like saying World War II was "the war against sneak attacks."
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there is a differance between radical Isalm and Islam people

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

excellent--you're learning !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

You are absolutely correct. I, for one, have never argued otherwise, at least not that I can remember.

I'd say that lumping all Muslims into the same group as Islamists is the equivalent of lumping all Republicans into the group as neo-cons. It just isn't true. The same can be said of Democrats.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush treated the attacks exactly like what they were, and at of war. This is not a law enforcement action. It is a war. A war with islam. The only reason it doesn't feel like a war to you is that it has not come home to your door step. But you undermining liberals are working real hard to insure that occurs.

You only see one war. The war on Bush. Nothing else in the world matters accept getting him in any way you can. If you people weren't so goddam dangerous to this country you would be a laughing stock.

some think it is a war with Islam

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    No, he's not alone. Even Muslims here that I know recognize that fact and that its a neccessity to war with Islam. As my Paki friend with whom I share music says "the radicals are the majority in the Muslim world and there is negotiating with them, you will have to kill each and every one including women and children.

Now Loose are you going to tell me you know better than an actual Muslim born in the Muslim lands?
    here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Bush should have treated the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon as what they were, crimes. Treating them as acts of war gave Bin Laden what he wanted and alienated most of humanity. The plan was doomed to failure from the start.
    I don't often personally call people FOOLS, but I'll take exception this time.

You have called Bush's acts in Iraq and Afgan crimes of WAR. Why is Bin Hiden's act simply a "crime?" It was an act of WAR. Only a fool would call it simply a crime. It was an act of war by any definition that has ever existed.

This is WHY I said libs love bin hiden. You diminish his crimes BUT exaggerate your president's actions into crimes of war.