Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The main question still stands

HOW CAN YOU STAND BY AND LET OTHERS DO THINGS IN THE NAME OF ISLAM AND NOT BE OFFENDED AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR THE WAY THEY ACT.

I WOULD BE PISSED!!!!

HOW CAN YOU ORGANIZE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS FOR A FEW CARTOON YET YOU CANT ORGANSE A FEW HUNDRED FOR SUCIDE BOMBINGS, APOSTASY, SUBJUGATING OF WOMEN.... ETC.....

I'm still waiting. These questions do not require a qoute from the Koran these are questions posed to you as to why you're willing to put up with type of bahavior by people who profess to follow your religion..

As I expected you really dont have an answer you will continue to blindly follow your religious leader instead of having independent thought....
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If it's wrong to quote scripture, out of context, to attack a faith (as MFM does consistently), I'd bet it's equally bad to use out-of-context scripture to defend one's faith. Jafar, Maybe instead of one-or-two line quotes from your scripture, explain the quotes with context. When MFM and his ilk pull stuff out of the Old Testament, in the bible, I don't attempt to one-line them, but try to explain the CONTEXT surrounding the stuff he's using to attack the faith. Of coruse, sometimes they BEG for one-line replies elsewhere in scripture, which is stupid, because the bible doesn't (and I'm sure your book doesnt) go around trying to defend itself elsewhere.

Here's one thing I think I understand about the Quran. If I recall, the author's (authors?) intent was to draft scripture. Am I right? The bible was never written to BE a bible, per se, if I recall.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Perhaps you should tell your government and media to stop giving him the kind of publicity that no amount of money can buy in the real world. I'm sure he appreciates the enormous amount of assistance he is getting from you guys, but is it really helping your own cause at all apart from keeping the fear levels up enough so people will give up all of their rights to feel safe again and the govt can pass more laws to keep control of you?
    Are you now going on record as saying that the Muslim leaders have in fact reached out internationally to the issues at hand, but that the media has not covered the issue? And if you aren't, can you please explain why they haven't reached out internationally like they did when they were upset with little cartoons? I'm asking here because we had a similar conversation in another thread and you failed to respond to my last post to you. There have been continued terrorist attacks since 9/11 and the Muslim world is taking the heat and blame as a result. You state this is not what "true Islam" believes in, but for some odd reason I don't see the Muslim leaders trying to reach out and discuss with the world and have people better understand their intent.

Oh, and whatever control the government has over me hasn't changed in the slightest bit since 9/11, probably because I'm not a terrorist or a supporter of them
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You must be kidding. The liberal MSM in this country would bend over backwards to air the words of any Muslim distancing himself from the hatred and violence. The fact is, the words aren't broadcast because they aren't uttered.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

....When taken in, or out of context? When it's read by those with no idea what they are reading, it does seem a little strange in parts. That's why we have teachers and we read it in the original Arabic. :/
    ... .
    Sorry but I can't read arabic.

Your own avatar depicts violence towards non-muslims. Are you seriously suggesting that the Koran doesn't teach this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Jafar is just setting up a strawman, or attempting to. The fact is that a reasonable interpretation of the Koran reveals all kinds of violence towards non-muslims.
    I did read an academic's website where he took apart the arguments that the Qu'ran advocated death for apostates and other related issues. I'm not sure of the approach used in reading (as in hermeneutics or some other form of analysis such as exegesis) the Qu'ran but apparently the Hadith has a role as well. I'm not knowledgeable on the topic but I do know I'm not informed enough to make judgements.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You must be kidding. The liberal MSM in this country would bend over backwards to air the words of any Muslim distancing himself from the hatred and violence. The fact is, the words aren't broadcast because they aren't uttered.
    The liberal MSM, I keep reading that, it's funny! Your media is so right wing it's not funny (so why am I laughing I wonder? )

Now, is it really the case that if the media isn't reporting something then it's not happening? Abbey..........you don't mean that do you????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    I did read an academic's website where he took apart the arguments that the Qu'ran advocated death for apostates and other related issues. I'm not sure of the approach used in reading (as in hermeneutics or some other form of analysis such as exegesis) the Qu'ran but apparently the Hadith has a role as well. I'm not knowledgeable on the topic but I do know I'm not informed enough to make judgements.
    If the Koran was written with consistency and correctness we wouldn't need scholarly translations. Why would God write such a messed up book? answer: He didn't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The liberal MSM, I keep reading that, it's funny! Your media is so right wing it's not funny (so why am I laughing I wonder? )

Now, is it really the case that if the media isn't reporting something then it's not happening? Abbey..........you don't mean that do you????
    D, you have no idea what you are saying, my friend. Read Bernie Goldberg's book Bias, then get back to us.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    If it's wrong to quote scripture, out of context, to attack a faith (as MFM does consistently), I'd bet it's equally bad to use out-of-context scripture to defend one's faith. Jafar, Maybe instead of one-or-two line quotes from your scripture, explain the quotes with context. When MFM and his ilk pull stuff out of the Old Testament, in the bible, I don't attempt to one-line them, but try to explain the CONTEXT surrounding the stuff he's using to attack the faith. Of coruse, sometimes they BEG for one-line replies elsewhere in scripture, which is stupid, because the bible doesn't (and I'm sure your book doesnt) go around trying to defend itself elsewhere.
    I do explain the context where the meaning is not apparent and have done at length in other posts. The last ayats I posted in this thread were quite clear about the fact that forcing faith upon someone is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Here's one thing I think I understand about the Quran. If I recall, the author's (authors?) intent was to draft scripture. Am I right? The bible was never written to BE a bible, per se, if I recall.
    The Author, "God" intended for the Qur'aan to be faithfully recorded and protected from being altered and such is the way it has remained from revelation up until now. You cannot say the same about the bible which is an odd collection of stuff gathered up over several centuries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    If the Koran was written with consistency and correctness we wouldn't need scholarly translations. Why would God write such a messed up book? answer: He didn't.
    For the record I don't believe any of it. I don't believe that the Bible contains the Word of God. I don't believe in a deity. So I'm pretty impartial in this discussion. I wasn't attempting to validate the Qu'ran or Islam, merely asking questions without answering them myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Islam is the Qur'aan. How can I answer a question about Islam without referring to the Qur'aan?

I can give you an opinion, but would you then shout at me again because I didn't provide any proofs?

There is no point is there? You have your mind made up already. There is nothing I can say to change it is there?

Perhaps you should tell your government and media to stop giving him the kind of publicity that no amount of money can buy in the real world. I'm sure he appreciates the enormous amount of assistance he is getting from you guys, but is it really helping your own cause at all apart from keeping the fear levels up enough so people will give up all of their rights to feel safe again and the govt can pass more laws to keep control of you?

When taken in, or out of context? When it's read by those with no idea what they are reading, it does seem a little strange in parts. That's why we have teachers and we read it in the original Arabic. :/

Do you read it in the original Arabic? Or do you trust your Imam to tell you what he is reading?

The Qur'aan is one book and it hasn't been changed, revised, or otherwise tampered with since revelation.
    I'll raise the bs flag on that! Any book that has been transcribed from one language to another has been revised. There are words and phrases that cannot be perfectly represented.

I have been to the motherland of Islam and have lived there for months on end. It is illegal to be any other religion in Saudi Arabia. You will be arrested for being a Christian.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say, I've never been to Saudi Arabia but from what I know I despise the rulers. I was in the UK for a visit back in the 1980s when there was a fuss about a Saudi "princess" who was executed in public for some sort of religious offence. The papers there were full of outrage. And the British government tut-tutted and continued to sell billions of pounds in arms to the House of Saud.

F/ing hypocrit Brit govt. As for the Sauds - corrupt bastards who get on the piss and bang whores when they're hanging about the fleshpots of Europe. But oh so pious back in Saudi Arabia. Hypocritical bastards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The only MSM that even comes close to the conservative viewpoint is Fox.

Everyone else is so liberal it's sickening.

What media of ours are you getting in Australia????????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    The only MSM that even comes close to the conservative viewpoint is Fox.

Everyone else is so liberal it's sickening.

What media of ours are you getting in Australia????????????
    I'm sure all they get from the US is the Clinton News Network.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain