Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil View Post

You claim to be the dove, a peace advocate but that would require much more of an open mind then you are capable of. If you notice the better majority of what you post in very one way in opinion, and never leaving room for another possibility of opinion. Standing by your beliefs is admirable, standing by them in a shroud of dishonesty is not.
    I don't see any of my values in a shroud of dishonesty...I am a peace advocate, this does not mean that there are not times where war ends up being the last resort...

I am not blind when it comes to world affairs, and I admit that I do still have alot to learn.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I don't see any of my values in a shroud of dishonesty...I am a peace advocate, this does not mean that there are not times where war ends up being the last resort...

I am not blind when it comes to world affairs, and I admit that I do still have alot to learn.

jd
    The dove is never free within painted skies, you have wings dodo, set yourself free....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I think ye protest too much...

Ye as in ye on this message board crying the blues about President Bush to people on the board that did not even bring him in to the conversation, other than saying he was the one that said the GC applied in Iraq, NOT ME....so please don't shoot the messenger of President Bush's message.

President Bush can take care of himself, he is a big boy and does not need this bunch of boy sensitivity group hug kind of protection thing that you all seem to be on the same Band Wagon with imo....

And there is no place on this thread that I have bashed President Bush.

And as far as people just bashing what is going on in Iraq just because they can get some digs in on President Bush.... that is shallow thinking in my opinion...there are some very legitimate concerns with the situation in Iraq now and the way it has been handled the last near 5 years.... to ignore them for the sake of not hurting president Bush's feelings is utterly silly imo.

jd
    My point is that there will NOT be any cooperation between parties in fighting the WOT until Bush is gone. If someone promises to take the responsiblity for the WOT when they take the oath of office in 2009, they will get my vote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The dove is never free within painted skies, you have wings dodo, set yourself free....
    It's easier said than done sir evil.... there's alot of other baggage which I carry, involving War.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's easier said than done sir evil.... there's alot of other baggage which I carry, involving War.
    It's is easier than you think, speak it the way you see it, walk it without a care how others see it.

war is inevitable in this world regardless of who it is that brought us there, or why it started, or by who started it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    My point is that there will NOT be any cooperation between parties in fighting the WOT until Bush is gone. If someone promises to take the responsiblity for the WOT when they take the oath of office in 2009, they will get my vote.

Well, the only one on the Democratic side that is hawkish is Hillary, Obama wants to deal with the WOT with more diplomatic needs....

and on the Republican side, I am not that familiar with, but I believe that Guiliani is a big Hawk, and Duncan Hunter is a hawk, don't know about Thompson, and I believe that Romney is not that Hawkish.... oh, ther is McCain too, he is hawkish....

looks like you got a real choice there to make with many candidates that support your view!!!

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the only one on the Democratic side that is hawkish is Hillary, Obama wants to deal with the WOT with more diplomatic needs....

and on the Republican side, I am not that familiar with, but I believe that Guiliani is a big Hawk, and Duncan Hunter is a hawk, don't know about Thompson, and I believe that Romney is not that Hawkish.... oh, ther is McCain too, he is hawkish....

looks like you got a real choice there to make with many candidates that support your view!!!

jd
    I didn't differentiate between hawk or dove. I said I would vote for the one willing to take the responsibility for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I didn't differentiate between hawk or dove. I said I would vote for the one willing to take the responsibility for it.

ahhhh, misunderstood!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

And just so you know, I started this answer over an hour ago to you, but I was bounced off line 2 times by my service and I was bounced off by 2 different phone calls that came in.... so I am sorry if this has taken me so long to get back to you.

jd
    If this is the case, I think you need a new hobby.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

in prisons is one thing. ppl should be treated a certain way unless there is an intergation going. but as for fighting, i think if one side breaks the GC, i don't think that it should have to followed then. as long as the treatment is life threatening and such, it should be ok to get the info. Re-Re's just shouldn't take pics of it

BTW: i'd use the dogs to get info...and a soldering iron
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But what is it Manu that we can't do? What is it that dillo or you want our soldiers to be allowed to do that they are presently not allowed to do... that would stop this killing of our soldiers every day in Iraq?

jane
    I would like the handcuffs taken off, let them do what they are trained to do........kill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But Jim, if they were insurgence, (armed enemy) and had someone directing them, even if they were not in uniform...then they are covered under the convention, wouldn't they be?
    No, the GC is very clear in that it only covers uniformed armies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Truth, and that box of chocolate are so much alike, you just never know what your gonna get next. Maybe another link to prove what she was saying was wrong to begin with but I sure like the ones with the cremes inside.

Really though the whole higher standard bullshit when people approach this subject just shows ones real standards in general. I often wonder what they conceive to be the enemy that we are fighting, and why they so desperately need to refer to the convention rules.

I wonder when Americans will realize that the Islamofascists are probably right now reading this and sitting back and laughing their asses off at why we argue over such trivial shit and don't get down to fighting?