Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ado View Post
    Is that right? We don't have to to follow laws or pay bills,
    or care about shit? I say you have some seriously flawed
    thinking there--that's fucked up.

What's the excuse that Christians use when they don't
    follow the "almighty word"? Must not be too strong a
    word, since there are so many hypocrites not understanding it.
    No, you're quite wrong Sherlock.

When there is no concern for anything but the here and now and no belief in consequences after death for actions taken during life then it is much easier to cut corners so to speak.

A moral atheist, now that is humour!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    The point is this: There are parts of the Bible that are obviously not the word of an omniscient god. How do you know that God really thinks homosexuality is an abomination and that it wasn't something the "transcriber" ad libbed due to his own bias?

Quite a stretch, even for you. Two can play the same game ...

How do you know that God doesn't think homosexuality is an abomination? All we have are statements that he does.

Homosexuality is NOT normal behavior, and you know it. The fact that anyone tries to argue otherwise is absurd.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    No... slayer, wrong, wrong, wrong. I'm not "closed minded" at all. That's just liberal spin and buzz words. However, I do have the NATURAL ability to determine RIGHT FROM WRONG. I also have the capacity to ADMIT IT. You people trying to pump this, "fags sucking each other off and fucking each other up the ass is beautiful" crap down our throats is all but laughable. You're telling us we're wrong for being RIGHT. It's absurd and a lie. You go ahead and keep lying to yourself. I won't lie to me.
    See now you have crossed a line with me. I have tried to keep civil. I have not been personally attacking you or anyone else for their beliefs. I have disagreed and questioned but I did not get personal. When you throw around the terms like "YOU PEOPLE" and "liberal spin and buzz words" you are going to piss me off. There is no other person like me. I am my own individual with my own opinions and beliefs. Me not being a republican has nothing to do with the way I think or feel about this subject. I also never said "fucking anything" was beautiful. I said two people being truely in love was a beautiful thing so check your facts before twisting my words. I do not appriciate you being so boldly hateful of the way I think. You have all right to disagree with me, but please refrain from calling me names or generalizing me. Thats just petty, and childish. I am sorry you are not mature enough to have a discussion beyond a third grade level, maybe you should thank your school system for that.
    And as far as pumping things down your throat as you so boldly put it, thats just a load of crap. You spend hours running around this board posting your opinions that you so easily call facts and throw up an argument to whomever may disagree with you, and you know what no-one says hey asshole quite shoving shit down my throat. People read it take what they want and discard the rest. If you dont like what I have to say then ignore me, but dont accuse me of forcing my beliefs on you. All you know about me is I like and support gay people, I too have read the bible, and I cant stand being put in a box to make it easier for you to find reason to dislike me. I dont need your approval to live my life, Thank God, and I sure as hell dont need your bullshit lie's to muck up what I am trying to say. So stick to quoting the bible as that seems to be the only source of refrence you dont screw up.
    " Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things" Republican Idiot said it, which one, is unclear at the moment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists mistake love for degenerate lust.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What other proclomations in Leviticus are we supposed to obey?

The rules on meat consumption?

Women's menstration cycles?

Seagulls?

Sea food?

Ask and beware what you recieve.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neener View Post
    What other proclomations in Leviticus are we supposed to obey?

The rules on meat consumption?

Women's menstration cycles?

Seagulls?

Sea food?

*yawn.*

Homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments, as are other forms of adultery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Quite a stretch, even for you. Two can play the same game ...

How do you know that God doesn't think homosexuality is an abomination? All we have are statements that he does.

Homosexuality is NOT normal behavior, and you know it. The fact that anyone tries to argue otherwise is absurd.
    I'm not the one who has to play fast and loose in claiming some parts of the Bible can be taken literally and some can't. I'm also not the one who has to make a judgement call as to which parts are God's word and which parts are merely some rabbi's own ideas claimed as God's word.

I've never claimed that homosexuality is normal. But in the belief that they are born homosexual, I find it beyond belief that any god would create millions(billions?) of people who would be destined for hell for following a trait that they are born with. If homosexuality were indeed an abomination in the eyes of God, I would think he'd put an end to people being born that way.

Abnormal doesn't mean immoral.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm not the one who has to play fast and loose in claiming some parts of the Bible can be taken literally and some can't. I'm also not the one who has to make a judgement call as to which parts are God's word and which parts are merely some rabbi's own ideas claimed as God's word.

I've never claimed that homosexuality is normal. But in the belief that they are born homosexual, I find it beyond belief that any god would create millions(billions?) of people who would be destined for hell for following a trait that they are born with. If homosexuality were indeed an abomination in the eyes of God, I would think he'd put an end to people being born that way.

You find it hard to believe because in fact it isn't true, from all evidence known to man they aren't born that way.

Murder is an abomination in God's eyes but he lets people like John Wayne Gacy and Jeff Dahmer roam the earth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    You find it hard to believe because in fact it isn't true, from all evidence known to man they aren't born that way.
    Actually, from all the evidence, they don't know.

Murder is an abomination in God's eyes but he lets people like John Wayne Gacy and Jeff Dahmer roam the earth.
    Any evidence that these guys were born killers?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's take your reasoning one step further. You just said that, based on all the evidence, scientists don't know whether one is born gay or not. However, you just said that it doesn't make sense that God would create people to be born gay if homosexuality was sinful. Indeed, that doesn't make sense. So, if God views homosexuality as a sin (as the Bible states), and God is responsible for the creation of human beings and their traits (as the Bible states), then God would not create a human being with a built-in biological need to sin. Therefore, we can say that God does not create people as homosexuals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Again, atheists have to be right because if they are not its an afterlife of hot coals. If Christians aren't right and there is no heaven or hell.....oh well.
    I disagree. I doubt a benevolent loving god would send me to hell for the rather minor infraction of not believing in him/her. I give her/him more credit than those that interpret his/her alleged words.

The moral relativist view on homosexuality is one born out of fear of commitment, you'd rather be seen as non-judgemental so you won't be labeled a bigot/homophobe or make some person face the ugly truth about their lifestyle choice and have them despise you rather than make a clear and logical decision when a clear right/wrong is staring you in the face.
    bbbzzzzzz..wrong, it is borne out of the fact that homos do no harm to me. Nothing more nothing less.

Its really a pov born out of laziness and no intestinal fortitude.
    It's a point of view borne out of enlightenment and free thinking as opposed to bigotry and hatred..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Let's take your reasoning one step further. You just said that, based on all the evidence, scientists don't know whether one is born gay or not. However, you just said that it doesn't make sense that God would create people to be born gay if homosexuality was sinful. Indeed, that doesn't make sense. So, if God views homosexuality as a sin (as the Bible states), and God is responsible for the creation of human beings and their traits (as the Bible states), then God would not create a human being with a built-in biological need to sin. Therefore, we can say that God does not create people as homosexuals.
    This is true only if there is a God, and IMO, without a doubt, why Christians argue so vehemently that homosexuality must be a choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Well, G-d has all kinds of reasons for creating different things. He created tall people, short people, people of every color, every hair color. There are people born with beautiful skin and people born with skin so bad it gets acne scarred. There are people born with horrible deformities and people born looking like Christie Brinkley. G-d isn't only about perfection because, presumably, everything is perfect in its own way, regardless. Homosexuality is just another variation, IMO, because G-d doesn't do anything imperfectly, yet not everything created is "perfect" as it would normally be defined.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

You asked me a question concerning a response to another poster, and I answered. I repeated what the Bible says within the context of the comment ... that God wouldn't give a rat's ass if one was homosexual in regard to judgement.

I have played fast and loose with nothing, so let's quit trying to take my statement out of the context within which it was made.

Each and every time I have made the argument that homosexuality is aberrant behavior, I have made a point of NOT using the Bible, God, Christ, and/or religion as the basis of my argument. As many times as you and I have had this same argument, I would think you would have caught on to that by now.

Abnormality and immorality are not mutually inclusive; neither, are they mutually exclusive. Abnormality easily can lead to immorality. Just depends on what the abnormality entails.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

This is true only if there is a God, and IMO, without a doubt, why Christians argue so vehemently that homosexuality must be a choice.
    In your anti-religious zeal, you pretty-much ignore the fact that there are plenty of anti-religious people who believe exactly the same thing. All it takes is giving a rat's ass which way the society in which you live is headed, no God required.