Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    ...but it's factually true Jesus was killed by Jews. It's sort of like saying "Native American Killed Gen Custer." Every Christian should be on their knees THANKING them for killing Christ - and christ's subsequent resurrection, allowing the christian to find God. It's a GOOD thing Christ was crucified.

And the Crusades? That's a GREAT piece of history showing Islamic nut-jobs hell-bent on killing 'infidels'
    If the Crusades isn't a good example of religious error for you, how about a different tragedy? How about the Spanish Inquisition?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

But he Crusades are a good example of religious error - the Muslim relgion.

The Inquisition was a travesty and the exact opposite of what Christianity is all about, imo.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But he Crusades are a good example of religious error - the Muslim relgion.
    Well, I can see what you are trying to say, however, I do not believe that faith can be forced down the throats of anyone especially by any human. The Crusades was an example of Christain, "convert or die" proselyzation.

The Inquisition was a travesty and the exact opposite of what Christianity is all about, imo.
    I am very glad you see it this way.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Well, I can see what you are trying to say, however, I do not believe that faith can be forced down the throats of anyone especially by any human. The Crusades was an example of Christain, "convert or die" proselyzation.
    That's not historically accurate. It's misleading. The catalyst for the Crusades was absolutely due to Muslim aggression against christianity. Had the Muslims not waged war against Christianity, Europe would not have been involved.

This doesn't absolve some of the Crusaders for some of their actions, but it's just not right to tell part of the story.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's not historically accurate. It's misleading. The catalyst for the Crusades was absolutely due to Muslim aggression against christianity. Had the Muslims not waged war against Christianity, Europe would not have been involved.
    No disagreement there. However, just because "they" started it doesn't mean we can force them to become Christians. It doesn't work that way.

Just because the muslims (Al Qaeda not Iraq) started the current war doesn't mean we can force them to live in a democracy let alone become Christians. We can show them the love of Christ and hope they come to believe, but we can not make them believe.

Immie

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

No disagreement there. However, just because "they" started it doesn't mean we can force them to become Christians. It doesn't work that way.
    You're quite reversed. The Crusades weren't about that. I was the MUSLIMS 'forcing' people to convert or be killed. Come on now...

Just because the muslims (Al Qaeda not Iraq) started the current war doesn't mean we can force them to live in a democracy let alone become Christians. We can show them the love of Christ and hope they come to believe, but we can not make them believe.

Immie
    Your statement is pretty flawed to begin with. 'Force' democracy on people who 'want' democracy? Doesn't make sense.

The only way to deal with an Islamic Terrorist is to kill them before they kill you. It's a great example of Christ's love if I were to SAVE an innocent person, by killing an Islamic Terrorist before he strapped a bomb to his daughter and sent her into a crowded market.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're quite reversed. The Crusades weren't about that. I was the MUSLIMS 'forcing' people to convert or be killed. Come on now...

Your statement is pretty flawed to begin with. 'Force' democracy on people who 'want' democracy? Doesn't make sense.

The only way to deal with an Islamic Terrorist is to kill them before they kill you. It's a great example of Christ's love if I were to SAVE an innocent person, by killing an Islamic Terrorist before he strapped a bomb to his daughter and sent her into a crowded market.
    Suddenly, I think it is you who have things reversed.

Show me one verse where it says Christ would have you kill muslims or even an "Islamic Terrorist" in order to save an innocent person.

And that would not be any verses pertaining to the sacrifice made by Christ or Caiaphas' prophecy of one man (Christ) dying for an entire nation.

Immie

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Suddenly, I think it is you who have things reversed.
    Study the crusades. Study both sides.

Show me one verse where it says Christ would have you kill muslims or even an "Islamic Terrorist" in order to save an innocent person.

And that would not be any verses pertaining to the sacrifice made by Christ or Caiaphas' prophecy of one man (Christ) dying for an entire nation.

Immie
    That's an absolutely impossible standard, as Islam is not addressed in the Bible.

Do you think it's BIBLICAL to sit and take NO action in such a scenario? Without TWO thoughts I'd kill ANYONE to keep them from hurting my kids, for instance. Is that unbiblical? No - it'd be me performing my God-given responsibility.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Religion 101

I understand that those of you who have bought into the Christian concept of heaven and hell are unable to entertain the possibility of alternate views, but be assured there are billions of people who don't subscribe to it.

(And please don't start with that crap about they're all going to hell. Let's try and keep this at a 5th grade level or above.)

What you should be aware of is that those billions of people who don't buy into your heaven and hell nevertheless have a deep sense of morality, a strong moral code, and they have a belief system which holds that good acts are rewarded and evil acts are punished.

Go and read up on Buddhism or Hinduism.

And there's one other thing you ought to be aware of.....

Your oft-stated belief that everybody should be a Christian and its corollary that non-Christians are destined for hell is very offensive, and not a little patronizing to those of us who don't share your beliefs.

The last time I checked, this was a politics board, not a Christian board.
    Last edited by GW in Ohio; 10-16-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

...Show me one verse where it says Christ would have you kill muslims or even an "Islamic Terrorist" in order to save an innocent person.....
    He said "turn the other cheek", knowing full well that men only have two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Actuall they say that hell is the absence of everything that God created. So you live in His world now but not for long.
    You really believe that tripe?
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"Tripe" better describes your beliefs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    You really believe that tripe?
    I know this shit-for-brains well, April: he's a Coulter wannabe who will say absolutely anything for attention. Ignore him and he'll find another board.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    I understand that those of you who have bought into the Christian concept of heaven and hell are unable to entertain the possibility of alternate views, but be assured there are billions of people who don't subscribe to it.

(And please don't start with that crap about they're all going to hell. Let's try and keep this at a 5th grade level or above.)

What you should be aware of is that those billions of people who don't buy into your heaven and hell nevertheless have a deep sense of morality, a strong moral code, and they have a belief system which holds that good acts are rewarded and evil acts are punished.

Your oft-stated belief that everybody should be a Christian and its corollary that non-Christians are destined for hell is very offensive, and not a little patronizing to those of us who don't share your beliefs.

Do you become physically aroused when insulting Christians and Christianity? I mean - this is a thread where the subject is religion - and you willingly participate while having no or little apparent interest in religion except to belittle. Therefore, I'm guessing you get a physical response to seeing your words - seeing your insults and jabs against those of Faith.
    -

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Study the crusades. Study both sides.

That's an absolutely impossible standard, as Islam is not addressed in the Bible.
    Ah come on, you are up to the task.

Anyway, find me a verse that says it is okay to kill anyone in order to save an innocent person.

Do you think it's BIBLICAL to sit and take NO action in such a scenario? Without TWO thoughts I'd kill ANYONE to keep them from hurting my kids, for instance. Is that unbiblical? No - it'd be me performing my God-given responsibility.
    What you would do and what Christ would do or even have you do are two different things. Me? I would protect my children without a doubt, but, I am not certain that killing is how Christ would have me deal with such a situation.

Immie

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post

I would be honored to discuss your beliefs on a one on one basis.

I very much enjoy learning about other's beliefs. I may not agree with them and I may pray God leads them to salvation, but, I enjoy understanding or more aptly learning about the beliefs of others.

I try not to force what I believe upon others although I am sure at times it seems different than that.

Last time I checked this was in the "Religion Forum". If you are not interested in discussing religion, why would you enter the forum?

Immie

PS My apologies GW, I just looked this is in "USA Current Events". Maybe it belongs in the Religion Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    He said "turn the other cheek", knowing full well that men only have two.
    I've got four! Two in the upper anterior and two mid-level posterier. Spelling may be off on those, I'm too lazy to check.

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 10-16-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added the apology