Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Ah come on, you are up to the task.

Anyway, find me a verse that says it is okay to kill anyone in order to save an innocent person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms
    O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed,
    blessed shall he be who repays you
    with what you have done to us!
    Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
    and dashes them against the rock!
    Was better to kill a baby Babylonian before it had a chance to grow up and kill you.

What you would do and what Christ would do or even have you do are two different things. Me? I would protect my children without a doubt, but, I am not certain that killing is how Christ would have me deal with such a situation.

Immie
    God killed millions? perhaps, throughout the Bible. God has given folk over to their reprobate mindsets. Any person threatening me or my family, or a stranger for that matter, MUST be given over to his depraved mind. Christ prevented Peter from fighting during Christ's arrest because Christ knew he HAD to be arrested.

Maybe you could point out any teachings which indicate one should allow murder/harm to happen if they can prevent it?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Was better to kill a baby Babylonian before it had a chance to grow up and kill you.

God killed millions? perhaps, throughout the Bible. God has given folk over to their reprobate mindsets. Any person threatening me or my family, or a stranger for that matter, MUST be given over to his depraved mind. Christ prevented Peter from fighting during Christ's arrest because Christ knew he HAD to be arrested.

Maybe you could point out any teachings which indicate one should allow murder/harm to happen if they can prevent it?
    Would you save me the effort and give me a reference for those verses? I'm a bit busy at the moment. I would guess it is taken out of context.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    I know this shit-for-brains well, April: he's a Coulter wannabe who will say absolutely anything for attention. Ignore him and he'll find another board.
    Thanks for the tip!
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Would you save me the effort and give me a reference for those verses? I'm a bit busy at the moment. I would guess it is taken out of context.

Immie
    I provided the context - The writer was speaking to Babylon - which had enslaved/run-over Israel. Babylonians were among the most-feared of the ancients.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you become physically aroused when insulting Christians and Christianity? I mean - this is a thread where the subject is religion - and you willingly participate while having no or little apparent interest in religion except to belittle. Therefore, I'm guessing you get a physical response to seeing your words - seeing your insults and jabs against those of Faith.
    -
    Nobody's insulting your religion. Stop behaving like a dipshit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I've got four! Two in the upper anterior and two mid-level posterier. Spelling may be off on those, I'm too lazy to check.

Perhaps that's where "mooning" came from.

But seriously, I don't recall anywhere in Christ's teachings where He advocates showing your ass to your enemies. But I recall many, many stories where He has stood up to those who would do harm to the innocent.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Nobody's insulting your religion. Stop behaving like a dipshit.
    You are insulting MILLIONS of christians - including those on this board.

You take a fundamental concept of their faith and mock it:

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio
    (And please don't start with that crap about they're all going to hell. Let's try and keep this at a 5th grade level or above.)
    That's an insult. You are calling somebody's faith in the above 'crap' and insinuate people would be stupid to believe it.

An insult.

Just be 'nice'. Be a nice person. That's all ANYBODY expects online. Your seemingly horniness to attack Christianity does NOTHING to further your point of view - it only turns people off and makes you look silly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Perhaps that's where "mooning" came from.

But seriously, I don't recall anywhere in Christ's teachings where He advocates showing your ass to your enemies. But I recall many, many stories where He has stood up to those who would do harm to the innocent.
    I agree, however, I cannot truly think of anyplace where he states that we should kill to protect the innocent. It seems like he always provides a way out see 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I agree, however, I cannot truly think of anyplace where he states that we should kill to protect the innocent. It seems like he always provides a way out see 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Immie
    1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version)

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
    That passage has nothing to do about defending the innocent. But if you want to take it as that, I would argue that "a way out so that you can stand up under it" would be to pick up your sword and drive it through your attacker.

Or, as we practice here in Red State America, "Peace through Superior Fire Power".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    That passage has nothing to do about defending the innocent. But if you want to take it as that, I would argue that "a way out so that you can stand up under it" would be to pick up your sword and drive it through your attacker.

Or, as we practice here in Red State America, "Peace through Superior Fire Power".
    I suppose that is one way to look at it.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are insulting MILLIONS of christians - including those on this board.

You take a fundamental concept of their faith and mock it:

That's an insult. You are calling somebody's faith in the above 'crap' and insinuate people would be stupid to believe it.

An insult.

Just be 'nice'. Be a nice person. That's all ANYBODY expects online. Your seemingly horniness to attack Christianity does NOTHING to further your point of view - it only turns people off and makes you look silly.

dmp: Do you not see that when you tell people who do not believe the same things you believe that they are going to hell for ever and ever, and that they are lower than dogshit in the sight of God that you are being offensive and patronizing?

This is the thing that pisses me off about Christians. If I don't believe the way you do, you tell me I'm damned.

I don't do that to you. I think your beliefs are quaint, but I also think if they work for you, then that's cool. I'm not going to tell you you're damned for all eternity or that God wants you to fuck off.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    dmp: Do you not see that when you tell people who do not believe the same things you believe that they are going to hell for ever and ever, and that they are lower than dogshit in the sight of God that you are being offensive and patronizing?
    God is only bothered by those who refuse him, and thus, spend eternity in Hell. God is not bothered by the Truth because God is truth. When Christ said "No man comes to the Father, except through me." was he being patronizing and offensive? No - he was offering HOPE. He was displaying ultimate love by proclaiming an ultimate, universal, absolute truth.

This is the thing that pisses me off about Christians. If I don't believe the way you do, you tell me I'm damned.
    It's NEVER about what "Christians Believe" it's about Truth. If you don't believe the absolute truth that apart from Christ you will never find/see God, that's between YOU and christ. However I will NEVER lie and say "because you are sincere in believing your particular religion, God will have mercy. Sincerity has never turned a falsehood into truth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God is only bothered by those who refuse him, and thus, spend eternity in Hell. God is not bothered by the Truth because God is truth. When Christ said "No man comes to the Father, except through me." was he being patronizing and offensive? No - he was offering HOPE. He was displaying ultimate love by proclaiming an ultimate, universal, absolute truth.

It's NEVER about what "Christians Believe" it's about Truth. If you don't believe the absolute truth that apart from Christ you will never find/see God, that's between YOU and christ. However I will NEVER lie and say "because you are sincere in believing your particular religion, God will have mercy. Sincerity has never turned a falsehood into truth.
    Oh, fuck your "absolute truth."

You think you have cornered the market on absolute truth.......

You've cornered the market on something, but it ain't absolute truth.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm sorry you are so bitter and angry. Should I, likewise, say 'fuck YOUR 'absolute truth'?

You have your views. My Faith is placed in a plan I consider to be absolutely true - something 100% correct and infallible. I don't allow that Christ could be wrong, or a liar. I cannot believe it, because it'd mean my faith in Him is worthless.

Your anger does not make me angry, but I feel compassion towards you and whatever caused this militant anti-christian attitude I see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry you are so bitter and angry. Should I, likewise, say 'fuck YOUR 'absolute truth'?

You have your views. My Faith is placed in a plan I consider to be absolutely true - something 100% correct and infallible. I don't allow that Christ could be wrong, or a liar. I cannot believe it, because it'd mean my faith in Him is worthless.

Your anger does not make me angry, but I feel compassion towards you and whatever caused this militant anti-christian attitude I see.
    Thank you so much. I accept your Christian compassion.