Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Do you believe in drug education programs, too? Just tell kids, we know you are gong to do cocaine, pot, heroin, meth, etc., anyway, so here's how to do it safely: Don't share needles.
    Wow, no wonder you're so repressed. When you associate something healthy, like sex, with illegal drug addiction, you know you've got problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Wow, no wonder you're so repressed. When you associate something healthy, like sex, with illegal drug addiction, you know you've got problems.
    Any chance you can answer the question honestly? It's far superior intellectually to answer, than to avoid it by casting lame aspersions on other posters. You really should try it some time.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah they tell us drug are bad don't do them at our school too. It works about as well as the whole abstinence cuz sex before marraige is bad thing. Meaning most teenagers I know have tried drugs and alcohol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Any chance you can answer the question honestly? It's far superior intellectually to answer, than to avoid it by casting lame aspersions on other posters. You really should try it some time.
    No. It's a stupid question. You think we should teach our children to equate having sex with doing illegal drugs. That's the epitome of idiocy. That's also why there are so many kids in the US who reach puberty not knowing anything about sex, the opposite sex or why they feel embarrassment and guilty about the most natural thing humans can do. It's shameful.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, because scrutinizing meaningless semantics changes the reality of the study. The truth is that we all know abstinence-only programs don't curb teen pregnancy rates. Yet the conservative wing of the population obstinately refuses to acknowledge reality or truth and instead has deemed it necessary to cling-on to failed policies for the sake of moral idealism.
    ah, well now that I have my meaningless semantic changes out of the way, let me respond by pointing out the difficulties of thinking a program designed to promote abstinence is going to be sufficient balance against a society that treats kids who aren't getting laid as losers clinging to failed idealism......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    ah, well now that I have my meaningless semantic changes out of the way, let me respond by pointing out the difficulties of thinking a program designed to promote abstinence is going to be sufficient balance against a society that treats kids who aren't getting laid as losers clinging to failed idealism......
    So now adolescents are having sex because they are afraid of being called "losers" and not because it's the only drive they feel due to the rush of sex hormones flooding their bodies for the first time in their lives? Hmm. You make a good point.

I guess before rap music and go-go dancers kids never ribbed each other. That must be what you oldies call "the good ol' days."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know there is one thing bothering me about this thread everyone keeps referring to the girls and they should be on birth control and they should have more of the programs with the flour and the baby etc. etc.

What about the boy's? They should also be taught everything these girls are being taught, preferably abstinence, however I know better teenagers are going to be teenagers and the crap that is thrown down their throats from society daily does not help.

Which is why I have had numerous conversations about sex with both of my boy's. Because it is also their responsibility if they decide to have sex when they are teens, to make sure they use protection to prevent a pregnancy or STD. God I hope not but I know it's coming!
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gcianfrani View Post
    While teaching abstinence, it should also be important to realize that abstinence will not work alone and it has nothing to do with abortions being an option. To assume that a young woman thinks the availability of abortion is a viable and simple option is foolish. I don't know of any woman who would rather feel out-of-control, unconscious or otherwise, while having her uterus vaccumed-out. Where has it been said that having a baby is suffering or torturous? It's a woman's individual choice and none of your business- unless you're a woman and it's regarding your own body. If God suddenly declared (by way of the Vatican or your religious "messenger") that you could no longer cut your hair or nails, or kill plants and animals, they're living things afterall and you'll go to Hell, I imagine you'd be inclined to follow; therefore, you prefer to believe that your life is not your own and that you have no power of choice in your life. Wow, I'll pray for you, I feel sorry that you suffer this way, Dildo. DUH.
    Abstinence has everything to do with whether a woman even NEEDS to consider the abortion option. If she remains abstinent until she wants to raise a child, she has nothing to worry about. If a woman chooses NOT to be abstinent then hopefully she has been educated regarding ALL THE FACTS about birth control, ALL THE FACTS about abortion, and ALL THE FACTS about carrying a ________ ( insert your term of choice ) to term because 99% of the time SHE has chosen to take the risk.

Males need to be taught that ALL sex without consent is rape, ALL risks they are taking in regards to STDs and that if the consenting woman becomes pregnant, his life ( and the future of the egg he fertilized ) is at the mercy of his sex partner.

Why you felt it necessary to go on a rant about religion in response to my post is beyond me but whatever floats you boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That must be what you oldies call "the good ol' days."
    I think the "good old days" would be back when adults thought part of their job was to teach morality to kids.....instead of throwing up their hands and saying "why bother, kids are just going to fuck anyway"......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh hey guys?? I am 15 and I'm one of those teens who believe in abstinence. I have never had sex, and I don't plan on ever having sex till my honeymoon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. It's a stupid question. You think we should teach our children to equate having sex with doing illegal drugs. That's the epitome of idiocy. That's also why there are so many kids in the US who reach puberty not knowing anything about sex, the opposite sex or why they feel embarrassment and guilty about the most natural thing humans can do. It's shameful.
    People should feel shame, embarassment and guilty doing natural things. Because unlike you, none of us are naive enough to believe that doing natural things means they did the right thing.

Its natural to hate, to fight, to be intolerant, to lie, to cheat, to be idle, etc. And these actions are far more natural and occur far earlier in one's life than any desire to have sex. But simply because they are natural does not make them right. In fact, one's natural activity can be quite evil.

Also, you are naive if you don't see the similiarities between drugs and sex. Both can be highly addictive. However, if sex and drugs are used in the correct circumstances, and not abused they can bring life into the world and heal life.

Not only that, both have liberals telling people that they can abuse both of them with no consequences to their actions. and that's a lie. There are negative consequences to the abuse and misuse of drugs and sex. At best, emotional scars that last a life time. At worst, death.

Those who encourage premarital/extramarital sex lack understanding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Yeah they tell us drug are bad don't do them at our school too. It works about as well as the whole abstinence cuz sex before marraige is bad thing. Meaning most teenagers I know have tried drugs and alcohol.
    Teach people correct principles and they can govern themselves.

The problem is the schools are simply telling "Don't do this" they arent showing and teaching the consequences of such actions.

Also, not all teenagers do such things, You might want to associate with better people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    It hasn't failed. It simply has been deemed too difficult and left untried.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    You know there is one thing bothering me about this thread everyone keeps referring to the girls and they should be on birth control and they should have more of the programs with the flour and the baby etc. etc.

What about the boy's? They should also be taught everything these girls are being taught, preferably abstinence, however I know better teenagers are going to be teenagers and the crap that is thrown down their throats from society daily does not help.

Which is why I have had numerous conversations about sex with both of my boy's. Because it is also their responsibility if they decide to have sex when they are teens, to make sure they use protection to prevent a pregnancy or STD. God I hope not but I know it's coming!
    I agree with you completely. In fact, I think the men should be held more responsible as they are usually the instigators of such activity. (There are some more aggressive females).

Teach the boys how to be men and the girls will naturally become women.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotPinkConsevative View Post
    Uh hey guys?? I am 15 and I'm one of those teens who believe in abstinence. I have never had sex, and I don't plan on ever having sex till my honeymoon.
    good. don't let anyone convince you otherwise. and encourage your friends to do the same.