Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Hillary Stiffs Another Waitress

Hillary says she cares about the working folks - but she walked out of a restaurant and did not leave the waitress a tip.

She did the same thing in her first Senate run

So much for her "caring" and "compassion" for the working folks.

Of course, her staff took the blame and tiped the waitress AFTER the story broke

Chance Encounter with Clinton

I followed Clinton during a recent bus tour across Iowa, when she and her entourage pulled into a Maid-Rite, a greasy spoon famous for its loose-meat sandwich. Clinton settled into a red stool at the counter, ate a sandwich, chatted with her waitress and then was on her way.

The scene gave Clinton perfect fodder for her next few stump speeches. It turns out her waitress was a single, working mom — just the kind of voter Democrats are courting aggressively this year.

Clinton recalled the meeting for an audience up the road in Boone. "The woman waiting on us — it was her first day," she said, adding, "She was a little nervous. Single mom, raised two boys, works at a nursing home and always has a second job."

If she's elected president, Clinton promised, people like her waitress will have it better.

The way Clinton eased the waitress into her rhetoric is something repeated day after day, by all the campaigns. But in the process, people like the waitress don't always have their stories told.

'Nobody Got Left a Tip'

"I wished I would have been asked first," the waitress, Anita Esterday, said of Clinton's decision to insert her in a speech. "I wish she would have asked if she could talk about me later. I didn't like it when someone called me up and said Hillary Clinton is talking about you. It's like, what'd I do now? What's she saying?"

When I returned to the Maid-Rite a few weeks later, Esterday said the senator had caught her off guard. But once they got talking, she was honest with Clinton about her need to work two to three jobs.

"I've been doing it all my life. Why should it change now that I'm old," Esterday said.

Esterday does not think Clinton got it. "I don't think she understood at all what I was saying," Esterday said. "I mean, nobody got left a tip that day."

Clinton may have decided not to tip. She was also never given a bill — her meal was on the house. Still, Esterday said Clinton might have left her something: "Maybe they don't carry money. I don't know."

The visit hurt Esterday in another way. The local paper ran photos of her with Clinton. She said her supervisor at the nursing home isn't a big Hillary Clinton fan and she thinks that may be related to why her hours were almost totally cut.

Now, Esterday is looking for a different second job. However, she said she's not upset that Clinton visited the restaurant.

"I got my 15 minutes of fame out of the world," Esterday said. "There you go. I got her autograph. That's something I'll treasure forever."

But as far as the attention she's received? "It hasn't helped me. It's made things worse."

Still, Esterday doesn't blame Clinton; she says she may even vote for the former first lady. She's also considering voting for Barack Obama.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16099751

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"esterday all my troubles seem so far away"

hillaries fave song

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God forbid Hillary forgets to tip. It's not as if she has anything else on her mind ya know? There's not a "f*cking moronic tripe" emoticon so you'll just have to settle for the typed version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hillary is just practicing for stiffing the rest of us.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you mean Hillary didn't leave a tip? It says right here that she did in the waitress' own words, Esterday said. "There you go. I got her autograph. That's something I'll treasure forever."

I mean come on! That autograph has got to be more valuable than any 15-20% tip at a diner.

I mean what if the waitress should run out of TP?

Now in all honesty...

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    God forbid Hillary forgets to tip. It's not as if she has anything else on her mind ya know? There's not a "f*cking moronic tripe" emoticon so you'll just have to settle for the typed version.
    I can understand how she might not have left a tip. I mean she's with an entourage, I would expect that she could have expected someone from the entourage to pay the bill and take care of the tip.

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 11-08-2007 at 03:03 PM.
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL, its just so funny how these elitist liberals get exposed for what they really are. I can just picture her and her cronies huddled around trying to figure out a way for Hillary to "connect with the people". Yea, stop by some backwater grease-spoon roadstop and mingle with "the little people". Of course Hillary in such a situation is like a fish out of water. She can swoon the Hollywood elite at Peter Paul fundraisers, but has no clue how to act at a simple little old diner. I guess Hitlery is just too used to people giving her large amounts of money after a meal, so the thought never ran through her noggin to actually leave money for someone else.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    LOL, its just so funny how these elitist liberals get exposed for what they really are. I can just picture her and her cronies huddled around trying to figure out a way for Hillary to "connect with the people". Yea, stop by some backwater grease-spoon roadstop and mingle with "the little people". Of course Hillary in such a situation is like a fish out of water. She can swoon the Hollywood elite at Peter Paul fundraisers, but has no clue how to act at a simple little old diner. I guess Hitlery is just too used to people giving her large amounts of money after a meal, so the thought never ran through her noggin to actually leave money for someone else.
    That's it! You're on to her! Her plan is to swing by po-dunk diners and stiff waitresses! It's her dastardly plan to ruin Americuh, one Waffle House at a time!
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the seat was too hard or the tabasco used by the next table ruined her meal or it could be she just didn't like the service. These are all reasons I have stiffed waiters/waitresses.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Hillary is just practicing for stiffing the rest of us.
    It looks like certain members of this board have a stiffy for Hillary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's it! You're on to her! Her plan is to swing by po-dunk diners and stiff waitresses! It's her dastardly plan to ruin Americuh, one Waffle House at a time!
    I'm not saying she is out to stiff common folks like that. Its just that she is so out of her element, that being her own little world of elite liberals. If people aren't kowtowing to her with their ear to ear smiles while slipping her their campaign contribution, then they are invisible to her.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no excuse to stiff a waitress/waiter. Especially when you have money. Its always good to be generous. Even with bad service... just not as generous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you sure it was hillary, i mean, she couldn't stiff anything...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I'm not saying she is out to stiff common folks like that. Its just that she is so out of her element, that being her own little world of elite liberals. If people aren't kowtowing to her with their ear to ear smiles while slipping her their campaign contribution, then they are invisible to her.
    Eh. I don't buy it. Rubbing elbows with the "common folk" was Bill's specialty on the campaign trail. I can't believe that this would be a weak point for her with him as her coach.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Eh. I don't buy it. Rubbing elbows with the "common folk" was Bill's specialty on the campaign trail. I can't believe that this would be a weak point for her with him as her coach.
    You think they actually talk to each other?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, John Kerry was a lock on the Waffle Houses. He has been serving up waffles since the 1980's