Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Our economy would be in a lot better shape if more adults were educated enough to know how to spell and use proper grammar.
    As opposed to knowing only how to use guns.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    It is the governments fault for not reacting in a reasoned manner to the threat to the economy presented by the lending institutions and their attempts to cash in on the consumers trust of their institutions.
    First of all, what exactly do you mean by "their attempts to cash in on the consumers trust of their institutions". How exactly does a mortgage lender "cash in" on a customer that defaults on their loan? And what does the consumer's "trust" of their lender have to do with anything?

Maybe after you explain how banks cash in on consumers trust, I'll be able to explain how it is or isn't the government's fault for not reacting to that "threat."
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Our economy would be in a lot better shape if more adults were educated enough to know how to spell and use proper grammar.

Haven't you heard. Its more important for students to protest Bush during school hours than it is for students to learn to read.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Well hot damn! I must be a freaking genius because I can do all three!
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I think it's a little sad people have (no pun intended) bought into the lie we have to 'buy stuff' for people, simply because it's Christmas. :-/

Christmas isn't about 'giving' any longer...it's about 'buying'.

I know - that's an off-topic editorial on society. Sorry.
    I agree! The giving was of ones self through a hand made gift to express the endearment.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, it would be better if we only used guns. That way when a loan comes due or what not, we can have an old Wild West duel at high noon. The winner gets the loser's crap! That way they could liquidate it and get their money. Problem solved.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I just got back from a shopping trip to Kohl's. The parking lot was 3/4 full, it was so crowded in the store I couldn't get a cart, and the checkout lines were long. So, my "personal poll" says that with good sales, people will be shopping as much as ever for Christmas.
    And to AFBombloader: I have to rep you for the avi!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many voters over the next decade or so do you think will buy the idea of your NO responsibility of six years of completely republican rule for the problems which arrising out of their policy.

If we had just had six years of completely democratic rule who would you blame for the current mess America is in?
    How many years did we have complete democrat control? I'm sure 1933-1945 and 1961-1969 had no issues with anything at all. And 1993-1995 didn't lay any groundwork for any problems we had at all.

Quit trying to blame the government for personal choices.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

To excellent writing skills! The rarest of commodities.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    First of all, what exactly do you mean by "their attempts to cash in on the consumers trust of their institutions". How exactly does a mortgage lender "cash in" on a customer that defaults on their loan? And what does the consumer's "trust" of their lender have to do with anything?

Maybe after you explain how banks cash in on consumers trust, I'll be able to explain how it is or isn't the government's fault for not reacting to that "threat."

They make the loans then they bundle them and sell them.

The majority of consumers who sign a loan have never read it in its entirety. Even if they did would they understand it? You people like to pretend that its all the consumers fault. If we truely had a system in which people had to understand the legal ramifications of all the documentation of every contract they signed we would have a next to dead economy.

There are laws governing lending. They like all laws are changed and modified throughout history to protect the vulnerable not just to help the vulernable but to keep the ecomy steaming along. If you were to remove these protections or ignore the need for timely modifications (as the R government over the last few years has done) you put the economy at risk because the consumer loses trust and wont take out loans which steam the economy.

So blame the individual consumer and let them sink. Tell people if they are too stupid to understand what they are signing to not take out any loans. What you will get is an entire generation of Americans who will not sign loans. They will not buy houses and only buy wares they can pay for in full. This will KILL the American economy.
    Last edited by truthmatters; 11-14-2007 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is the governments fault for not reacting in a reasoned manner to the threat to the economy presented by the lending institutions and their attempts to cash in on the consumers trust of their institutions. You can pretend its all the consumers fault and that will get you nothing but an economy in which no one buys any big ticket item unless they can pay in full. Think hard on that one and realise what it would mean to the American economy.
    It is not the responsibility of the government! If you are stupid enough to break your finances purchasing anything, it is your damn fault! I think the country worked very well when people did have to save and regulate their spending habits prior to a "big ticket item". There is way to much credit out there and that is the problem right now. I do not want "Big Brother" to be there telling me what to do. Do you? Wait, you do.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    It is not the responsibility of the government! If you are stupid enough to break your finances purchasing anything, it is your damn fault! I think the country worked very well when people did have to save and regulate their spending habits prior to a "big ticket item". There is way to much credit out there and that is the problem right now. I do not want "Big Brother" to be there telling me what to do. Do you? Wait, you do.

AF

How old are you?

You seem to have NO understanding of real history and or economics?

Do you have the faintest idea how screwed our economy would be?

OK I just checked and you are 37 and in the military. You work for the government and yet hate it ....how funny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The majority of consumers who sign a loan have never read it in its entirety. Even if they did would they understand it?
    Again, their fault. If you sign anything without fully undderstanding what you are getting yourself into, I have absolutely no pity for you.

AF

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How old are you?

You seem to have NO understanding of real history and or economics?

Do you have the faintest idea how screwed our economy would be?

OK I just checked and you are 37 and in the military. You work for the government and yet hate it ....how funny.
    I do have an idea of how this economy works. I feel that if I have control of my money, and can chose how I spend it the country will be fine. Do you think that if there were more government run programs everything would be better?
    I do not think that be saying individuals should be responsible for their own actions I am saying anything against the government I have dedicated 19 years of my life to. I ablsoutely love this country, and have no idea where you come off saying I hate it. Where did you get that out of anything I posted at any time? I have not made any personal coments about you and will ask you to keep to the subject at hand and not attack me.
    Yes, I am 37, and in the military. You do not have any information on yourself in your profile. Trying to hide something?

AF

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TM your faster than normal thinking must be adding words or something to AF's post. plz explain your conclusions.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759