Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Another would-be "Jew-perfecter," I see. (Kidding, of course: rightwads are so much fun to pick on. )

Welcome.
    Thanks folks but I'm a God Fearing Secular... I try to live by Epititus stoic philosophy but when the stuff hits the fan I'm in to every higher power know to man...
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I am Mike.

Name: Mike

I will most probably start off here without doing alot of posting. My main interest here will be human nature and moral/ethical questions. Gathering from what I have read so far, this place seems to be quite rough. Don't worry though, I think I can handle it.

Politically I stand more to the left than right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carbonbased View Post

Name: Mike

I will most probably start off here without doing alot of posting. My main interest here will be human nature and moral/ethical questions. Gathering from what I have read so far, this place seems to be quite rough. Don't worry though, I think I can handle it.

Politically I stand more to the left than right.
    You'll probably get bombarded with negative reputation points for daring to admit that. Don't worry: keep posting regularly and your rep will go back up.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thumbs up Nice place you have here

Hi everyone, I just found this place by accident. It looks like an interesting place to have discussions.

I run a news and opinion site, and I enjoy finding new places like this to debate the issues. I look forward to participating.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    You'll probably get bombarded with negative reputation points for daring to admit that. Don't worry: keep posting regularly and your rep will go back up.
    People get neg rep points for being assholes, not for being "left" or "right"
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    People get neg rep points for being assholes, not for being "left" or "right"
    That's the theory, of course. But I'm sure you know what the difference is between theory and practice...

"The difference between theory and practice is, in theory, nothing."
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default San Francisco Values (to the Max)

So, I'm here. I heard about this place over on edited.com and dropped by because some old . . . friends . . . are said to hang out on this corner.

As a few of you know I live in Greater San Francisco and am somewhat left of liberal in most respects. I can surprise you now and then though.

I'm a programmer by trade with a very checkered educational background. Checkered? More paisley really. I'm also a boomer and a happily aging hippie.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi but, oh, these are trying times in which we live.

As to the nick, well, it's a programmer's joke, in a sense. Don't worry about it. It's just traditional with me now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    So, I'm here. I heard about this place over on edited.com and dropped by because some old . . . friends . . . are said to hang out on this corner.

As a few of you know I live in Greater San Francisco and am somewhat left of liberal in most respects. I can surprise you now and then though.

I'm a programmer by trade with a very checkered educational background. Checkered? More paisley really. I'm also a boomer and a happily aging hippie.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi but, oh, these are trying times in which we live.

As to the nick, well, it's a programmer's joke, in a sense. Don't worry about it. It's just traditional with me now.
    Wow, the ornerybit!

Friends? you actrually admit to be friends with those pile of shitbricks?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Smell that, SE? I do.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LMFAO! You ain't the brightest bulb on the xmas tree, are ya? Read on the other board where you were gonna come give us the business and like typical lib dumbass you went and registered at USMB!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

welcome ornot!!!

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    LMFAO! You ain't the brightest bulb on the xmas tree, are ya? Read on the other board where you were gonna come give us the business and like typical lib dumbass you went and registered at USMB!
    Several did, I believe they googled my name and messageboards. No1 removed the usmb url, but not before some of them saw it. Problem for them though, while I did use a different name at No1's board, my posting style is the same. I'm to use ornotbitwise's concept, 'right of conservative' but might surprise a bit, as Asshat over there said, I'm really a 'liberal'.

So TM still has the credibility problem in what she wrote about here and me. They can read that thread, they can go through my posts there, (good luck with that!) In any case, while I may have a temper here and there, I haven't here since I returned. Jim knows that, so do those that tried to use the past to make a moral equivalency argument over the weekend. I wasn't the one gunning for a fight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Several did, I believe they googled my name and messageboards. No1 removed the usmb url, but not before some of them saw it. Problem for them though, while I did use a different name at No1's board, my posting style is the same. I'm to use ornotbitwise's concept, 'right of conservative' but might surprise a bit, as Asshat over there said, I'm really a 'liberal'.

So TM still has the credibility problem in what she wrote about here and me. They can read that thread, they can go through my posts there, (good luck with that!) In any case, while I may have a temper here and there, I haven't here since I returned. Jim knows that, so do those that tried to use the past to make a moral equivalency argument over the weekend. I wasn't the one gunning for a fight.
    I say let em come, so far over there its pretty much a mutual lib admiration society, then there is RWA and then some clown RJS has been reading my posts here and has decided to steal my persona, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    I hang to the right.
    are we talking balls here dood i got one drops lower

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome ornot. What do you program?