Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default University of Kansas to Teach 'Intelligent Design' as Myth

LINK<blockquote>"Creationism is mythology,'' Mirecki said. "Intelligent design is mythology. It's not science. They try to make it sound like science. It clearly is not.''</blockquote>
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by LOki; 11-27-2007 at 06:59 AM.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mythology, and not very good at that. Thanks for the link.

I'd rep you, but I gotta spread some joy first.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John Calvert, an attorney and managing director of the Intelligent Design Network in Johnson County, said Mirecki will go down in history as a laughingstock.
    Mirecki will have to take a number and get at the back of a very long queue (line) of ID proponents who are well in front of him as examples of figures of ridicule. No doubt Mr Calvert has taken his number already, personally I'd give him 666 but that's because I'm a sardonic prick.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    .... personally I'd give him 666 .....
    You appear to be a superstitious fellow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    You appear to be a superstitious fellow.
    I do? And there I was thinking it was wry humour. I need a good American editor, I was told that certain humour doesn't travel well. Are those writer folks still on strike or do you think I can get one to help me out?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I do? And there I was thinking it was wry humour. I need a good American editor, I was told that certain humour doesn't travel well. Are those writer folks still on strike or do you think I can get one to help me out?
    Perhaps it is I who needs an Austrailian editor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Perhaps it is I who needs an Austrailian editor.
    Why would you think that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Why would you think that?
    There I was thinking that I was creating subtle humor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    LINK<blockquote>"Creationism is mythology,'' Mirecki said. "Intelligent design is mythology. It's not science. They try to make it sound like science. It clearly is not.''</blockquote>
    Enjoy.
    These idiots make my blood boil. They subvert scientific education in order to further their ignorant religious agenda and they continue to pretend that I.D. is something other than mythology after countless scientists and atleast one state supreme court ruling has proven that it is nothing but. This PBS doc on the Dover I.D. trial is illuminating.
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8944
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    These idiots make my blood boil. They subvert scientific education in order to further their ignorant religious agenda and they continue to pretend that I.D. is something other than mythology after countless scientists and atleast one state supreme court ruling has proven that it is nothing but. This PBS doc on the Dover I.D. trial is illuminating.
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8944
    What makes ID 'mythology' in your mind is your fear of truth.

You are pre-disposed against ID - against God - it makes every conclusion you reach, suspect at best.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    Enjoy.
    George Bush pretty much blows the whole theory anyway!
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    What makes ID 'mythology' in your mind is your fear of truth.

You are pre-disposed against ID - against God - it makes every conclusion you reach, suspect at best.
    It doesn't have anything to do with me dmp--other than the fact that when I form an opinion I like to base it on fact. What makes I.D. mythology is that it simply ISN'T science. It's a loose association of philosophical arguments--bad ones at that--whose principle foundation (that a creator created everything) can't be tested. Testing hypotheticals is THE most important part of the scientific process. That's the whole point of science. To test hypotheticals and hold on to the ones that test well in order to build a theory.
    The supernatural isn't real. SO IT CAN'T BE TESTED THEREFORE IT ISN'T SCIENCE. Nevermind the fact that all of its key tenets, including irreducible complexity, have been flatly and summarily refuted by nearly every scientist out there. I.D. is nothing more than creationism with a flashy name. This too is proven. The I.D. movement is a joke and has been proven to be a joke over and over and over again. It's almost not even worth discussing, but since the level of ignorance on the subject seems to be so astoundingly high, I can't help but to atleast try to set some of the facts straight out of adherence to my own conscience.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/program.html
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 11-27-2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    What makes it mythology is that it ISN'T science. It's a loose association of philosophical arguments--bad ones at that--whose principle foundation (that a creator created everything) can't be tested. Testing hypotheticals is THE most important part of the scientific process. That's the whole point of science. To test hypotheticals and hold on to the ones that test well in order to build a theory.
    The supernatural isn't real. SO IT CAN'T BE TESTED THEREFORE IT ISN'T SCIENCE. Nevermind the fact that all of its key tenets, including irreducible complexity, have been flatly and summarily refuted by nearly every scientist out there. I.D. is nothing more than creationism with a flashy name. This too is proven. The I.D. movement is a joke and has been proven to be a joke over and over and over again. It's almost not even worth discussing, but since the level of ignorance on the subject seems to be so astoundingly high, I can't help but to atleast try to set some of the facts straight out of adherence to my own conscience.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/program.html

You're wrong. It's science. It's truth. It makes 5000000 times more sense than your view on how things got here, and got how they are. I don't EXPECT you to get it though.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You're wrong. It's science. It's truth. It makes 5000000 times more sense than your view on how things got here, and got how they are. I don't EXPECT you to get it though.
    No dmp. It isn't science. You're DEAD wrong. See, scientific hypotheses must be tested in order to be made into theories. Since you can't test the "creator," and since there's no evidence to support said creator to begin with, the idea falls flat. It's got no basis in reality. You're so-called "scientific" theory is based on the 2000-year-old creation myth of nomadic goat herders and the finer points of it have been gleamed from René Descartes' philosophical watchmaker argument. The whole of all physical evidence: biological, fossil and even genetic points to evolution. The case is closed dmp. Humans shared a common ancestor with apes. It's a fact Jack.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    George Bush pretty much blows the whole theory anyway!
    And who do you blow? Mike Moore?