Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Wouldn't know since your fantasy that everyone who is centrist or leans left supports those guys doesn't apply to me.

I do so love the stereotypes, though.
    Has a familiar ring to it eh Jillian?
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Has a familiar ring to it eh Jillian?

lol... we all do it sometimes. But when I'm addressing a specific poster, I usually, though not always, know who I'm dealing with and try to stay away from it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. I also find questions like that really boring.
    Oh, I thought you "respected" a good "go round".

What? That you wouldn't vote for a Dem??? OK, I'll bite, which dem would you vote for (other than Lieberman who's a Repub)? Go ahead, prove me wrong.
    Ok, ya got me on that one. Can't think of a single Dem I would vote for. So sue me!

Really? Funny, I always figured that the people who couldn't tell that someone could support something if it were paid for by tax dollars but not if the money were borrowed (with China holding the paper) lived by the sound bite. *shrug*
    You couldn't be more wrong jillian. I live, as do most that I support, or hold a like outlook, a life that requires no support from the government, and certainly wouldn't advocate ANY country holding the note for something we couldn't afford to pay for with "blood, sweat, or tears". Which is just exactly what we are doing now. In case that has escaped your attention.

As opposed to having a president who refuses to alter a course of action even after it's failed? I'm ok with changes of mind based on changed circumstance. But nothing changed for Romney except the need to suck up to the left for primary season.
    Of course the circumstances has changed, the initial plans of our enemy has changed.

As to political consideration, NO ONE in a political party can take the high ground, be serious, and more importantly, BE HONEST.

I thought I said it better.
    Ok, if it makes you feel better.

Yeah...sure it isn't.... just like when adultery becomes a right wing cause celebre, unless of course, it's being committed by Newt Gingrich.
    Reread your post jillian, your doing exactly what you say you abhorred, am I wrong?
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    Oh, I thought you "respected" a good "go round".
    I love a good "go round", but I prefer they actually be debates, especially with people who are fellow car lovers.

Ok, ya got me on that one. Can't think of a single Dem I would vote for. So sue me!
    LOL! No cause of action for that. I'll simply save an "I told you so" in my bank.

You couldn't be more wrong jillian. I live, as do most that I support, or hold a like outlook, a life that requires no support from the government, and certainly wouldn't advocate ANY country holding the note for something we couldn't afford to pay for with "blood, sweat, or tears". Which is just exactly what we are doing now. In case that has escaped your attention.
    Actually, the "I voted for it before I voted against it" was EXACTLY about how it was going to be paid for. We could afford it better pre tax cuts for the rich and after the tax cuts, we borrowed the money which is why our national debt has skyrocked and China DOES, in fact, hold our paper for it. So you know, I lean left socially, but I do not believe we should be living off of the national credit card, which is what we've been doing for the last six years.

Of course the circumstances has changed, the initial plans of our enemy has changed.
    Actually, I've always wondered why *this* enemy... seemed silly when we were attacked by Saudis trained in Afghanistan. Should have focused our efforts there instead of allowing the Taliban to reassert themselves. They should have been stomped to dust and OBL's head paraded in the streets. Instead we kiss up to Pakistan which has hidden him since 9/11.

As to political consideration, NO ONE in a political party can take the high ground, be serious, and more importantly, BE HONEST.
    I think some are worse than others. Beyond that, they're all politicians. It's just a function of which ones best represent our views. My definition of an honest politician??? One who stays bought.

Ok, if it makes you feel better.
    lol.... cute. You must be a very good husband. You've got the "yes, dear" thing down cold.

Reread your post jillian, your doing exactly what you say you abhorred, am I wrong?
    I'd hope not. Again, it wasn't me who whined about flip-floppers for an entire election cycle, only to embrace one because he now says he's anti-choice. Just figured I'd raise the issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jillian posted:

lol.... cute. You must be a very good husband. You've got the "yes, dear" thing down cold.
    Well,.....................................

I hate that when THAT happens..
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    jillian posted:

Well,.....................................

I hate that when THAT happens..
    Heh! Cheers to ya!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well jill we have never stopped in afganhistan. It's been ongoing since it started.There are 50,000 NATO troops there now and they have fought some major battles there. Battles that have gone unreported in the media, could you tell me why that is?

The taliban did get their asses handed to them. They ran to pakistan to hide out and regroup. Bin laden went there too. we have not been allowed to go in there after them. Seems like a logical thing to do if your enemy is using the country to hide and train and launch attacks from. But that would be invading a soveriegn country. If we did that what do you think your wonderful democratic congress would say?

They would say it was not necessary to go after bin laden in pakistan, he was contained.

Whatever Bush does you and the rest of the dems will condemn him for it.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    well jill we have never stopped in afganhistan. It's been ongoing since it started.There are 50,000 NATO troops there now and they have fought some major battles there. Battles that have gone unreported in the media, could you tell me why that is?

The taliban did get their asses handed to them. They ran to pakistan to hide out and regroup. Bin laden went there too. we have not been allowed to go in there after them. Seems like a logical thing to do if your enemy is using the country to hide and train and launch attacks from. But that would be invading a soveriegn country. If we did that what do you think your wonderful democratic congress would say?

They would say it was not necessary to go after bin laden in pakistan, he was contained.

Whatever Bush does you and the rest of the dems will condemn him for it.
    We dropped the ball in Afghanistan. Diverted our troops and resources and the Taliban is very much resurrecting itself.

As for "whatever Bush does" I will condemn him for it. You clearly don't know me because I very much wanted to root for him.

And if you think Dems are a cohesive unit who have a homogeneous view of things, then you're sadly mistaken. Haven't you ever heard the old adage "I don't belong to any organized political party; I'm a democrat"???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't the one spending an entire election cycle whining about it, love.
    You failed to answer the question, again.

How is this a flip flop? The guy changed his mind ONCE.

Do you not support politicians being able to change their minds?

Yes or no.
    If you are unable to answer it, just say so, don't play these schoolyard games.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We dropped the ball in Afghanistan. Diverted our troops and resources and the Taliban is very much resurrecting itself.
    ....should we send more troops?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    ....should we send more troops?
    To Afghanistan? Yes. Should have from the get-go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To Afghanistan? Yes. Should have from the get-go.
    and Pakistan ? and Saudi Arabia ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    and Pakistan ? and Saudi Arabia ?
    Well ? You have repeatedly reminded us that the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and Bin Laden has not been killed. Apaprently you have no problem sending more "targets" to Afghanistan. How about the other countries of interest ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ever change your mind about anything Jilly? No thats right you're never friggin wrong and absolutely fucking perfect in every way.

Ftou sou kariola!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Ever change your mind about anything Jilly? No thats right you're never friggin wrong and absolutely fucking perfect in every way.

Ftou sou kariola!
    Kerry changed his mind...plenty of times....look where it got him...