Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
As I said, which I know you saw, I have 100 head, you 10000. It costs for the sake of arguement, $100 per cow. I test all of mine, you test 10%. I take out ads saying 100% of mine are free of disease. You take out ad saying a representative sample of mine shows my supply is safe. I take out subsequent add saying, "What are you so afraid of? Why not test all?"

Which would you buy from? How is this fair?
Kathianne, if I cared about bse, i would pay MORE MONEY and purchase the beef from 100% tested cattle, the small guy who had to pay a hundred dollars a head to test them. If I didn't care about BSE I would buy the regular beef that is tested randomly, and pay the LOWER PRICE at the grocery store for it.

What is the difference between this situation and the ORGANIC FOOD business, grown by smaller farmers, which costs alot more at the grocery store?

What is it that you do not understand about this scenario?

It costs more to grow organic foods, just like it costs the small farmer more per cow to test all of his cattle for BSE, and they will charge more for it at the grocers.

Why do you think that it would not work like any other product on the free market? You pay for what you get, walmart quality or designer quality?

The big ranchers would be the walmart quality, so to say, and they still will sell alot more Keds than the Designers like Christian Dior or Prada....

These (designer)small ranchers are limited on their product and how much they can produce and can not possibly compete or affect in any manner of concern the (walmart)big ranchers imo.

jd