Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Really? Do you have a birth certificate or a SS card?
    have both

a birth certificate is not a national id card...

The SSAN number was revolted against by millions in the usa when it happened because they did see it as the slippery slope leading in to a national id card by our government that could lead to the 666 thing....

The ssan card and number is not a valid national id card or that is all we would have to use to vote....

what about the other issues that I had brought up in the above post Jim?

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Is there a cost for a state ID that makes it prohibitive for some people to obtain?
    doesn't matter if it is "prohibitive" or not.... if there is any cost, it is a de facto poll tax. I have no problem with state issued IDs for voting that are free of charge to the voter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    doesn't matter if it is "prohibitive" or not.... if there is any cost, it is a de facto poll tax.
    So what would you recommend to stop or at a minimum deter voter fraud?
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

doesn't matter if it is "prohibitive" or not.... if there is any cost, it is a de facto poll tax.
    If that was the only use for the ID, you will have a very hard time convincing anybody that someone would procure an ID just to vote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    Instead of one liners, how about a full explanation. These party line blurbs of yours are getting boring.
    And yours aren't? The difference between you and me is that I'm gracious enough to put up with them. You just want an excuse to reach for a firearm.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    have both

a birth certificate is not a national id card...

The SSAN number was revolted against by millions in the usa when it happened because they did see it as the slippery slope leading in to a national id card by our government that could lead to the 666 thing....

The ssan card and number is not a valid national id card or that is all we would have to use to vote....

what about the other issues that I had brought up in the above post Jim?

jd
    I didn't say that these were national ID cards, but they are examples of ID's that are controlled by our government, and they are mostly successful, and most legal citizens attain them. They should probably require these for a lot of things and that would shoot down a ton of illegals right there.

As for the rest of your post... Being against a national ID - just what do you think is being done by issuing birth certificates and SS numbers?

And if the government can't be trusted to protect our identities, then why are we already trusting them with SS #'s, drivers licenses, IRS? I certainly trust them with my information more than a private organization. Most fraud occurs on the credit level, which is not run by our government.

Having appropriate ID is not allowing the government to "track your every move". It's simply a way to prove who you are when necessary. It's no different than birth certificates, SS cards and drivers license - but it should be done properly from the get go to eliminate illegals.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have no problem with state issued IDs for voting that are free of charge to the voter.
    Nothing is free. Actually I would agree, if a elderly person, low income person needed an ID at little or no cost thats fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really? Do you have a birth certificate or a SS card?
    What kind of major fraud do you think a national photo id will stop at the polls btw?

Shouldn't it be stopped before the illegals get registered to voteand on the valid voter rolls?

or shouldn't the dead people be removed from the voter roll when they die?

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    And yours aren't? The difference between you and me is that I'm gracious enough to put up with them. You just want an excuse to reach for a firearm.
    Back away from the pot pipe and return when you can stay on topic.
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What kind of major fraud do you think a national photo id will stop at the polls btw?

Shouldn't it be stopped before the illegals get registered to voteand on the valid voter rolls?

jd
    Change the subject again when the going gets rough?

Having appropriate ID's will eliminate illegals from voting for starters, so long as the process is done appropriately. It will also eliminate "dead" people from voting. They can't very well get a new ID if they're dead already. This should all be done regardless of the voting problem, to ensure all Americans have proper ID and eliminate the frauds and illegals - and this will carry over to the voting booth. It may not eliminate every last bit, but anything it does eliminate is good. And the more illegals we get rid of the better, and the more fraudsters that get eliminate the better.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone here been asked for ID when they write a check to a store? Why do merchants do that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone here been asked for ID when they write a check to a store? Why do merchants do that?
    yep. But they are not the govt are they, each merchant fends for themselves and have their own checking policy don't they?

And they do not have the capability to haul you away or make up charges against you or arrest you for something that could be a hack job on a universal system of information that they have on you, do they?

and you choose to have your checking account instead of dealing in cash, it is not mandatory is it?

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I do agree that we should reform voter registration at the state level, I have a hard time equating the rights of a private business protecting its interests.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    While I do agree that we should reform voter registration at the state level, I have a hard time equating the rights of a private business protecting its interests.
    Not me---it's about time the government pay more attention to the interests of those who elect them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am against a national id card, kinda goes with the 666 thing, all of us being issued a "number" in order to buy or sell, as the Bible forsaw, and whoever took it, supports the anti-Christ.....

silly to you and maybe to many, but this is how I see it....

in addition to not thinking the gvt should obtain such a thing from all of us becasue they could not protect our identity and information about us safely.
    I completely agree with JD in this post. I, too, am opposed to a "national" id card. I believe a picture id should be required in order to vote and just like the I-9 forms that anyone who has changed jobs in the last 15-20 years or so has come to know there are several different types of ids that can be accepted. I am of the opinion that if a person does not have one of these types of id's and wants to vote than a picture id should be made available to them even at no cost as there are not that many adults that roam this country without id.

Look if they are not willing to get a picture id because they fear the government, they are not likely to register to vote either. I, myself, am suspect of anyone who refuses to carry id. What are they trying to hide?

Having appropriate ID is not allowing the government to "track your every move". It's simply a way to prove who you are when necessary. It's no different than birth certificates, SS cards and drivers license - but it should be done properly from the get go to eliminate illegals.
    I disagree with you here. The government is tracking us in as many ways as they can. Yes, id's are to prove who you are when necessary as in when preparing to cast a vote, but an id can be used to track you also as in your driving record in the public realm or recording your purchases (for "marketing" purposes) in the private realm. With a National Id card and today's technology, this can only become easier for them to do. What is the next step? Requiring you to use that National ID to purchase basic necessities?

jd
    These questions have been asked several times by you on this thread and answered multilple times by several different people on this very thread. You are simply being the ass that you always are by ignoring the answers you don't like and never answering questions posed to you.

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 12-27-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9