Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    IDs can be (and are) used for other things besides voting, so paying for a photo ID is not a poll tax.
    Why can't they use their electric bill or their Phone bill with their name and address on it as their ID?

What kind of voter fraud would be stopped by the Photo being on there or it being a paid for, government id than one's own electric bill or birth certificate?

The first time I wrote a check at the grocery store when I was young, my electric bill with my name and address matching my checking account name and address was accepted as a valid id, along with my ssan card or my birth certificate.

Why is it important for you to make it easier for Whites to be able to vote verses Blacks to be able to vote, by changing it now and making it a picture id like a driver's license, of which most whites have to a much greater degree than Blacks have, therefore making Blacks take an extra step of having to NOW get a gvt pictured id?

Did you read the articles above? please take the time to read them Jeff.

Do you and others on here really want to disenfranchise american citizens from voting, or making it much more difficult for some Americans than others to vote?

You are fine with the law because you already own a car and have a drivers license that is accepted as a gvt photo idea but doesn't it make it harder on those American citizens that do not have that driver's license, by making them now have to go and get a new id....when they already have their birth certificates and phone bills and electric bills and ssan cards to show that they are the person that registered to vote?

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Why can't they use their electric bill or their Phone bill with their name and address on it as their ID?

What kind of voter fraud would be stopped by the Photo being on there or it being a paid for, government id than one's own electric bill or birth certificate?

The first time I wrote a check at the grocery store when I was young, my electric bill with my name and address matching my checking account name and address was accepted as a valid id, along with my ssan card or my birth certificate.
    In San Diego, there have been numerous cases where altered utility bills were used by Mexican Nationals to enroll their kids in American schools. If it can done it for that, it can be done for voting.

Why is it important for you to make it easier for Whites to be able to vote verses Blacks to be able to vote, by changing it now and making it a picture id like a driver's license, of which most whites have to a much greater degree than Blacks have, therefore making Blacks take an extra step of having to NOW get a gvt pictured id?
    Are blacks really that illiterate and destitute that they can not get a photo ID? It's time to stop making excuses for folks and start making them responsible and accountable as we whites are.

Do you and others on here really want to disenfranchise american citizens from voting, or making it much more difficult for some Americans than others to vote?
    No one wants to disenfranchise voters, that is a liberal catch phrase.

You are fine with the law because you already own a car and have a drivers license that is accepted as a gvt photo idea but doesn't it make it harder on those American citizens that do not have that driver's license, by making them now have to go and get a new id....when they already have their birth certificates and phone bills and electric bills and ssan cards to show that they are the person that registered to vote?

jd
    All Americans should be able to prove who they are through proper documentation.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If they can get to the poll they can DAMN sure get to a location to pick-up a FREE ID!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    If they can get to the poll they can DAMN sure get to a location to pick-up a FREE ID!
    I agree wholeheartedly. Free ID's should be made available to citizens who wish to vote. at city hall or whatever other authorized locations government dictates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    In San Diego, there have been numerous cases where altered utility bills were used by Mexican Nationals to enroll their kids in American schools. If it can done it for that, it can be done for voting.

82, please explain to me who would be altering an electric bill to match up their own name THAT IS ALREADY ON THE VOTER ROLLS AS LEGITIMATE? The problem takes place when they register to vote, the illegals should be vetted out at the time of registering to vote. And as mentioned many illegals do have driver's licenses?

Are blacks really that illiterate and destitute that they can not get a photo ID? It's time to stop making excuses for folks and start making them responsible and accountable as we whites are.

Who's making excuses, look at the facts. Did you read the articles I posted above about Georgia? What you are doing is saying I'm ok with this because I already have a gvt id with a pic, a driver's license, but the other guy that does not have one and has not needed one for anything in their lives up to this point, is now required to go out and get one.... you are putting an extra step in there for them that they never needed and never had, in order to vote, can't YOU see this...?

No one wants to disenfranchise voters, that is a liberal catch phrase.

This is PRECISELY what you are doing, you already have a gvt id because you already have a car, but many poor do NOT have a car therefore they do not have a government id with their picture on it, YOU are making THEM take another step, making them go to a dmv and get a photo id in order to now vote, when they had their birth certificates and electric bills and ssan card to prove that the person on the voter roll is themselves?

What in God's name is the reason for doing this? Making them take this EXTRA STEP that YOU did not have to take if it isn't to TRY to disenfranchise them? If you read the article above, you will see that there is NOT ONE DMV OFFICE in the city of Atlanta....do YOU know how many blacks are in Atlanta that don't drive and would have to take a day off work to go get their picture id from a town outside of Atlanta?

This IS DISENFRANCHISEMENT....

And even if I were a Republican I can clearly see that this is disenfranchisement.

All Americans should be able to prove who they are through proper documentation.

What does that mean? When you got your license.... what did you have to show as proof to get it? Your birth certificate? if it is your birth certificate then why can't these people use their birth certificate at the polls as their id, along with a bill with their name and address on it? What does making them go down to the dmv in another town to get a picture id do to the sanctity of their vote that the birth certificate wouldn't do at the polls?

NOTHING but trying to disenfranchise them, making it more difficult for people that do not own cars verse the people that do own cars.

What the heck is "proper identification"? They have gone through their entire lives using their birth certificates and their ssan cards as proper identification???

Please read the article/link I posted above....

And also, SHOWING an id at the polls DOES NOT STOP voter fraud of any sort, there has been no cases of voter fraud ever reported where someone else comes in and uses your name and address and voted for you so that when you came in you could not vote....NONE. (read the article)

And let me REPEAT for the thousandth time the voter fraud TAKES PLACE at the time of registration with the illegals and this is where the focus has to be in order to stop illegals from voting. Do you want to allow them to continue voting and dilluting your own vote????? (Many illegals have a gvt picture id, a driver's license)

And voting of dead people occurs via ABSENTEE BALLOT, do you want to allow this to continue instead of removing their names off the voter rolls when they die.

How will needing a pictured gvt id affect Absentee voting? Will this eliminate absentee voting all together? Will our soldiers and other Americans that live abroad not be allowed to vote via absentee ballot now?

And since many, many illegals ALREADY HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENCE as a pictured gvt id, HOW WILL a pic gvt id stop them from voting at the polls???? HOW?????

I just do not understand why people are insisting on this gvt pic id in order to vote and THINK they are stopping some kind of voter fraud? When it is NOT.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me add to what I have writen above.... Georgia and their new law is a perfect example in my opinion of trying to disenfranchise a sect of their society, from voting by making it HARD for them to get this picture id. Right before they passed their new law, requiring that a birth certificate and ssan card and elctric bill etc was not enough as an id, and requiring them to go out and get a new gvt id card with their picture on it from the DMV, they SHUT DOWN ALL OF THEIR DMV OFFICES in Atlanta....and moved all of their DMV offices outside of Atlanta's city limits.

IF Georgia HAD NOT DONE THIS, and allowed these people to get a paid for pictured gvt voter id card from their local post office or local city office or some place close to where they lived where they could walk or take a SHORT bus ride at the most to get this gvt id, then i would NOT be opposed to it and I would not have viewed this measure of theirs as disenfranchisement. But THIS IS NOT what they did.

And at the same time, how does this stop voter fraud? How does having a driver's license stop voter fraud?

IF IT DOES NOT, as I have shown, then why is everyone so bent out of shape in making this the law? WHAT is the purpose of making this the law, WHILE the real voter fraud can continue to take place, BIGTIME?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Let me add to what I have writen above.... Georgia and their new law is a perfect example in my opinion of trying to disenfranchise a sect of their society, from voting by making it HARD for them to get this picture id. Right before they passed their new law, requiring that a birth certificate and ssan card and elctric bill etc was not enough as an id, and requiring them to go out and get a new gvt id card with their picture on it from the DMV, they SHUT DOWN ALL OF THEIR DMV OFFICES in Atlanta....and moved all of their DMV offices outside of Atlanta's city limits.

IF Georgia HAD NOT DONE THIS, and allowed these people to get a paid for pictured gvt voter id card from their local post office or local city office or some place close to where they lived where they could walk or take a SHORT bus ride at the most to get this gvt id, then i would NOT be opposed to it and I would not have viewed this measure of theirs as disenfranchisement. But THIS IS NOT what they did.

And at the same time, how does this stop voter fraud? How does having a driver's license stop voter fraud?

IF IT DOES NOT, as I have shown, then why is everyone so bent out of shape in making this the law? WHAT is the purpose of making this the law, WHILE the real voter fraud can continue to take place, BIGTIME?
    I've been here since 1965 and there has always only been one office 'in' Atlanta proper...it's still there. There are many more surrounding the area (on the bus line).

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

82, please explain to me who would be altering an electric bill to match up their own name THAT IS ALREADY ON THE VOTER ROLLS AS LEGITIMATE? The problem takes place when they register to vote, the illegals should be vetted out at the time of registering to vote. And as mentioned many illegals do have driver's licenses?
    These are Mexican Nationals that are legally allowed to enter our country. Every year our news stations do reports of Mexican kids coming across the San Ysidro and Tecate points of Entry and getting on school buses. If they can alter a utility bill to show residency for schools, what is to stop them from voting?

Who's making excuses, look at the facts. Did you read the articles I posted above about Georgia? What you are doing is saying I'm ok with this because I already have a gvt id with a pic, a driver's license, but the other guy that does not have one and has not needed one for anything in their lives up to this point, is now required to go out and get one.... you are putting an extra step in there for them that they never needed and never had, in order to vote, can't YOU see this...?

This is PRECISELY what you are doing, you already have a gvt id because you already have a car, but many poor do NOT have a car therefore they do not have a government id with their picture on it, YOU are making THEM take another step, making them go to a dmv and get a photo id in order to now vote, when they had their birth certificates and electric bills and ssan card to prove that the person on the voter roll is themselves?

What in God's name is the reason for doing this? Making them take this EXTRA STEP that YOU did not have to take if it isn't to TRY to disenfranchise them? If you read the article above, you will see that there is NOT ONE DMV OFFICE in the city of Atlanta....do YOU know how many blacks are in Atlanta that don't drive and would have to take a day off work to go get their picture id from a town outside of Atlanta?

This IS DISENFRANCHISEMENT....

And even if I were a Republican I can clearly see that this is disenfranchisement.
    Not an extra step. The same process as the rest of us.

What does that mean? When you got your license.... what did you have to show as proof to get it? Your birth certificate? if it is your birth certificate then why can't these people use their birth certificate at the polls as their id, along with a bill with their name and address on it? What does making them go down to the dmv in another town to get a picture id do to the sanctity of their vote that the birth certificate wouldn't do at the polls?

NOTHING but trying to disenfranchise them, making it more difficult for people that do not own cars verse the people that do own cars.
    That would be fine, but a birth certificate doesn't have an address and a utility bill doesn't have a photo. They are used to get a photo ID which is what I feel should be required for voting.

What the heck is "proper identification"? They have gone through their entire lives using their birth certificates and their ssan cards as proper identification???
    In this day and age? A photo ID.

Please read the article/link I posted above....

And also, SHOWING an id at the polls DOES NOT STOP voter fraud of any sort, there has been no cases of voter fraud ever reported where someone else comes in and uses your name and address and voted for you so that when you came in you could not vote....NONE. (read the article)

And let me REPEAT for the thousandth time the voter fraud TAKES PLACE at the time of registration with the illegals and this is where the focus has to be in order to stop illegals from voting. Do you want to allow them to continue voting and dilluting your own vote????? (Many illegals have a gvt picture id, a driver's license)

And voting of dead people occurs via ABSENTEE BALLOT, do you want to allow this to continue instead of removing their names off the voter rolls when they die.

How will needing a pictured gvt id affect Absentee voting? Will this eliminate absentee voting all together? Will our soldiers and other Americans that live abroad not be allowed to vote via absentee ballot now?

And since many, many illegals ALREADY HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENCE as a pictured gvt id, HOW WILL a pic gvt id stop them from voting at the polls???? HOW?????

I just do not understand why people are insisting on this gvt pic id in order to vote and THINK they are stopping some kind of voter fraud? When it is NOT.

jd
    Nothing short of photometrics and/or biometrics will deter voter fraud, but requiring a process to prove who you are, a process which doesn't violate your right to vote, should be put in place by the individual states.
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been here since 1965 and there has always only been one office 'in' Atlanta proper...it's still there. There are many more surrounding the area (on the bus line).
    well mr p, fight it out with the washington post, where I got the info from:

Liberal critics compiled statistics showing that far more white residents owned cars than African Americans. The law, they argued, gave an unfair advantage to white people while placing a burden on those who are black.

On top of that, the state recently reorganized the Department of Motor Vehicles, paring down the number of offices. After the reorganization, there were no DMV offices in Atlanta, a city with a wide black majority. The closest station is at least nine miles away. Fewer than 60 of the state's 159 counties have DMV offices.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102702171.html

And regarding the comment you made on getting to a local poll, they are precisely that, LOCAL, in your own neighborhood and NOT 9 miles away but usually at your local school, and within walking distance or a very, very short bus ride.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well mr p, fight it out with the washington post, where I got the info from:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102702171.html

And regarding the comment you made on getting to a local poll, they are precisely that, LOCAL, in your own neighborhood and NOT 9 miles away but usually at your local school, and within walking distance or a very, very short bus ride.
    Oh hell..all they had to do was google it...address, phone number hours, all right there to see. Some responsible reporting, huh?

As far as local polls go...sorry, they aren't all just around the block here. Never have been.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is so obvious that democrats want as many illiterate, needy, ignorant and easily bought voters as possible. They won't even turn down the vote of an incarcerated murderer if they can get it. They buy votes with cigarettes, iPods, a fried chicken lunch and a welfare check. Democrats are the party of the useless and the guilt ridden upper class that want to spend your money to help them. If the whinny ass Hollywood dems would pool a fraction of the money they bring in reading other peoples words, they could actually do something for those they pretend to champion.

What is wrong with making sure someone is payed up on their taxes to vote? What is wrong with someone actually having to prove they are who they say they are to vote? What is wrong with a voter in this country actually knowing a language that would allow them to know who or what they were voting for?

Voting may be a right for almost all citizens but there is nothing wrong with those same citizens taking the minimum responsibilities to try to insure that we have semi-real elections.

Imagine a citizenry with knowledge of the issues, knowledge of the candidates real views on the issues that will be handled by them and enough real care to do what it takes to have their vote count.......... what a dream.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    It is so obvious that democrats want as many illiterate, needy, ignorant and easily bought voters as possible. They won't even turn down the vote of an incarcerated murderer if they can get it. They buy votes with cigarettes, iPods, a fried chicken lunch and a welfare check. Democrats are the party of the useless and the guilt ridden upper class that want to spend your money to help them. If the whinny ass Hollywood dems would pool a fraction of the money they bring in reading other peoples words, they could actually do something for those they pretend to champion.

What is wrong with making sure someone is payed up on their taxes to vote? What is wrong with someone actually having to prove they are who they say they are to vote? What is wrong with a voter in this country actually knowing a language that would allow them to know who or what they were voting for?

Voting may be a right for almost all citizens but there is nothing wrong with those same citizens taking the minimum responsibilities to try to insure that we have semi-real elections.

Imagine a citizenry with knowledge of the issues, knowledge of the candidates real views on the issues that will be handled by them and enough real care to do what it takes to have their vote count.......... what a dream.
    This post of yours is arrogant, elitist, full of lies and hatefulness towards your fellow citizens and pathetic imo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This post of yours is arrogant, elitist, full of lies and hatefulness towards your fellow citizens and pathetic imo.

......Speaking of pathetic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh hell..all they had to do was google it...address, phone number hours, all right there to see. Some responsible reporting, huh?

As far as local polls go...sorry, they aren't all just around the block here. Never have been.
    yeah, you are right, after you mentioned it i did a google and found the one office almost immediately!

I wonder if they are also wrong about only 60 of 159 counties have a dmv office? Gonna try to check that next....

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)