Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    (She's going down.)
    Thanks for a visual I didn't need to have. You traumatized me.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    I've not heard of any threats against him or his family.

IMO until he is president or VP the American public should not be picking up his security costs.
    He's had secret service protection since last May:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18474444/

Obama placed under Secret Service protection
    'Not aware it was based on any threat,' agency spokesman says

MSNBC video
    Obama gets Secret Service protection
    May 4: Barack Obama was placed under Secret Service protection, the earliest ever for a presidential candidate. NBC's Pete Williams reports.

MSNBC

Video: In his own words
    Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks to the primary themes of his presidential campaign.

Cartoons: Obama
    MSNBC.com's editorial cartoonists weigh in on Obama's candidacy.
    US Senator Obama stands before addressng concerns of former employees and family members of two Illinois nuclear weapons in Naperville
    Reuters

Slide show: A call to serve
    Sen. Barack Obama answers the call to public service.

Interactive

Rate Barack Obama's positions
    Visit msnbc.com's Candidates + Issues Matrix to rate Obama's ideas about the key issues.

Reservation for 400 under Huckabee
    Bill to Paul supporters: 'You’re nuts'
    Edwards attends star-studded house party
    NBC News and news services
    updated 8:11 p.m. CT, Thurs., May. 3, 2007

WASHINGTON - The Secret Service said Thursday that Sen. Barack Obama was being placed under their protection, the earliest ever for a presidential candidate.

Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff authorized Obama’s protection after consultations with the congressional advisory committee.

Officials said Obama had requested the protection. Such requests are then sent to the congressional panel for approval or rejection....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ....................

My only question here is are WE paying for this beefed up security and if we are why???????
    Yup, weve already talked about this. Obama demanded Secret Service protection twords the beginning of the campaign and got it thanks to Senate majority Leader Harry Reid. He said he needed it because he is black and a target. So he and his family have a complete detail which means advance teams, seperate teams for himself and his family, perminant agents at his residences and offices, armored vehicles and much more. It is all on the tax payers dime. Now don't get me wrong, I think all candidates should have this available to them but they should have to pay for it out of their campaign fund or out of their pocket as the tax payers shouldn't have to pay for it just because he decides to run for President.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as dick morris said tonight.....the clintons will play the "america will never elect a black man" card shortly.......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ....................

I've not heard of any threats against him or his family.

IMO until he is president or VP the American public should not be picking up his security costs.
    There was actually something posted on a White Power web site, but it wasn't a direct threat or really even a suggestion more like a rant and was blown way out of context.

Pale, I don't think Hillary will get any female interns, I think she will get just males that way there is no temptation for either her or Bill to play around.
    Last edited by nevadamedic; 01-08-2008 at 12:51 AM.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just heard on the radio the lines are long at voting places in NH, and the polls are showing Obama surging

Now even some Hillary people are telling her to drop out if she loese bu a wide margin tonight

Clinton Braces for Second Loss;
    Union, Senators May Back Obama
    By JACKIE CALMES
    January 8, 2008; Page A1

NASHUA, N.H. -- With Barack Obama strongly favored -- even within Hillary Clinton's camp -- to win a second straight victory in today's New Hampshire Democratic primary, both rivals are looking to the next battle grounds. But his momentum threatens to swamp her in the next two states as well and shows signs of fracturing her support in the party establishment.

Already some Clinton associates have begun lobbying for her early exit if she loses the primary by a big margin, as polls suggest she could. Several Senate colleagues who have sat on the fence are now in talks with Obama advisers about endorsing the freshman Illinois senator over his more experienced colleague.

Despite raising more than $100 million, Sen. Clinton also faces financial worries as contributions have begun to slacken. But she vows to fight on: Her campaign will pivot to focus more heavily on "Super Tuesday" Feb. 5, when 21 states vote. "We are going all the way to the convention," Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1199...s_inside_today