Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I'm not one to throw around the word "traitor" lightly. I just think libs in general have been just a big of a problem in Iraq as Bush and Rummys' tactical mistakes. No need to grab this word "traitor" and get all huffy about it. Just take an honest look at how much your actions have hindered what may have been a great victory. Your actions sure as hell didn't help any in getting our troops OUT of harms way any sooner.
    what great victory? the rush to baghdad? the toppling of the statue? what great victory are you talking about?
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    That's simply dishonest. I mean VERY dishonest. If you wanna debate at LEAST be honest.

The world invaded to ENSURE Saddam didn't have WMD. The World thought He did. He CLAIMED to have them.

(shrug).

It wasn't the Bushies. It was "The Free World".

No, it was the US with help from the "coalition of the willing." Some troops from the UK, Australia and Fiji.

The WhiteHouse keeps changing the reason we invaded. First it was WMD. Then it was because Saddam was just plain bad. Then it was to spread "freedom" to Iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    " No need to grab this word "traitor" and get all huffy about it. Just take an honest look at how much your actions have hindered what may have been a great victory. Your actions sure as hell didn't help any in getting our troops OUT of harms way any sooner." --Dilloduck

There was never any "victory" possible in Iraq. Don't you remember at the very start, the generals told Bush and Rummy that we'd need at least twice as many troops as we had available to overthrow Saddam and then pacify the country?

Bush and Rummy just brushed those objections aside and went ahead with the invasion. They had dreams of glory, and visions of re-making the Middle East in our image.

There was never any good outcome coming out of our invasion of Iraq. We've precipitated a civil war and we're right in the middle of it.

I expect my American president to be smart enough to know that the people in the Middle East are basically crazy and the less we have to do with them, the better off we'll be.

Bush ain't nearly smart enough to be president. It's true that the American voters weren't smart enough to recognize this in '00 and '04.

But they're sure as hell suffering buyer's remorse now, aren't they?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    More and more I hear this line from the lefties ... there was never any victory possible. The beginnings of perpetuating yet another lie.
    well... ya got rid of saddam... good job... and his thuggy sons... another good job... but don't you consider 3000+ dead americans, thousands more wounded and billions of dollars wasted... a hefty price tag to rid the world of three chumps?

lies? you mean like the wmd? lies like that? or the war will pay for itself? that one? no, gunny, those lies will go down in history as the biggest lies of all...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    The responsibility for not getting our troops out of harm's way lies with Bush and Cheney, not me. They are the ones who got us into this ill-advised war, and they are responsible for the mess we're now in.

I have never particpated in any public antiwar protest. However, I have done my patriotic duty to vote and to let my congnresscritters know what my opinions are. I have no regrets about voting for those who believe this war was a mistake, and for letting them know that's how I feel about it. Exercising one's civic duties and privileges is patriotism, not treason.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    That's simply dishonest. I mean VERY dishonest. If you wanna debate at LEAST be honest.

The world invaded to ENSURE Saddam didn't have WMD. The World thought He did. He CLAIMED to have them.

(shrug).

It wasn't the Bushies. It was "The Free World".

Now that's just disingenious.

In GWB'S March 22, 2003 radio address, he said:

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. American and coalition forces have begun a concerted campaign against the regime of Saddam Hussein. In this war, our coalition is broad, more than 40 countries from across the globe. Our cause is just, the security of the nations we serve and the peace of the world. And our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20030322.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    No, it was the US with help from the "coalition of the willing." Some troops from the UK, Australia and Fiji.

The WhiteHouse keeps changing the reason we invaded. First it was WMD. Then it was because Saddam was just plain bad. Then it was to spread "freedom" to Iraq.
    Don't they have another one now, something like, if we don't fight 'em in Baghdad, we'll be fighting 'em in NYC and San Fran?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    OCA: I don't have a problem with your point of view, but your avatar is frickin' disgusting.

It looks like a fresh dog turd on top of a day-old dog turd, with some other, equally disgusting stuff mixed in.

Do you like being a disgusting person?
    Its a gyro. Do you like being illiterate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    I keep hearing this bullshit from leftist whackos like Jilly "increasing troop numbers will just result in getting more soldiers killed"....how the fuck do you know or how does Comrade Pelosi know? What if it works, ever thought of that?
    Let's see... they're putting 17,500 troops into Baghdad and another 4000 into Anbar Province... do you think that those locales are picnic areas? Of course there are going to be more casualties... only a fool would think otherwise...

Anti-war people can parse the word traitor anyway you like but y'all are traitorous and treasanous when you publicly, over a long period of time and in an organized effort, endeavor to undermine U.S. foriegn policy and aid and abet the enemy through this effort.
    "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism." --Thomas Jefferson

The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.
    --George Washington

Saying you are against the war biut care about the soldiers(the biggest oxymoronic lie out there) is what you guys say to yourselves so you can sleep at night. You don't really care about the soldiers, you care about bringing the admin down and regaining power....only.
    I care about bringing them home... to live their lives HERE, to protect OUR shores, not die in a civil war somewhere else...

You and your willing co-conspirators in the MSM have played this one brilliantly though, I must congratulate you, by only showing anything with a tinge of negativity to the American public and labeling soldiers as "torturers" and "murderers" you have managed to massively swing public sentiment, Macchiavelli himself would be proud.
    Well, you must admit, there have been murderers, rapists, baby killers and torturers... but to label the entire force as such, is of course, disingenuous...
    Last edited by TheStripey1; 02-21-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    actually the blame lies with george tennant, a clinton apointee....for saying

"it is a slam dunk that saddam has wmds....slam dunk"

hoo boy, now that's one I haven't heard before... blame tenet...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    why OCA, that sounds like a whine... want some brie, too?
    No its actually a valid point about Demos not being team players for America, your lack of comment on this issue however is duly noted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn that traitor!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    No its actually a valid point about Demos not being team players for America, your lack of comment on this issue however is duly noted.
    Being a "team" player usually involves getting yelled at by some toolbag coach or hooking up with a fat chick. You can count me out. And for the record, our country's name is "The US." Not "America." Atleast get the name right. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    Let's see... they're putting 17,500 troops into Baghdad and another 4000 into Anbar Province... do you think that those locales are picnic areas? Of course there are going to be more casualties... only a fool would think otherwise...

The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.
    --George Washington

I care about bringing them home... to live their lives HERE, to protect OUR shores, not die in a civil war somewhere else...

Well, you must admit, there have been murderers, rapists, baby killers and torturers... but to label the entire force as such, is of course, disingenuous...
    [/QUOTE]

No I don't admit any of that.

I take it you don't believe in sacrifice for your country?

Because Jefferson said something don't mean its true in every case.....such as now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Being a "team" player usually involves getting yelled at by some toolbag coach or hooking up with a fat chick. You can count me out. And for the record, our country's name is "The US." Not "America." Atleast get the name right. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it so.
    U.S., America, same fucking thing. You down to splitting hairs now?

Dems care more for power than they do for America, thats a fact.