Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Your opinion is not documented fact, nor is supported by documented fact.

But you feel free to have it based on nothing but your dislike for the man, because THAT is all it amounts to.
    ditto your dislike of Senator Kerry...
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    I don't know, who? I live near Walter Reed and near Bethesda Naval Hospital and I can tell you from personal expereience being in both places that they are first rate, bith in facilities and treatment.......but then again you quoted the Post which has mega left bias and the SF Gate(Chronicle) well we all know about S.F., hell they keep electing Pelosi, need I say more?
    Since you live nearby, maybe you should go to the facility in the article rather than going to the main building...

do you think it's right that our severely wounded troopers should be being treated in a rat or roach infested building?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    IMO he went AWOL. In yours and Jim's Kerry is a traitor.
    And you are incorrect. Violation of Article 86 of the UCMJ requires specific action for which one is charged. Those charges become a part of one's permanent record.

No such evidence exists to support your opinion.

I didn't call Kerry a traitor, either. Let's get that straight. I said his actions, IMO, were treasonous. I also pointed out the bar for proving treason is so high, that either no one cared due to the political climate, or his actions did not meet the bar.

There are pictures of Kerry swapping spit with the North Vietnamese contingent at the Paris Peace Accords. THAT is called evidence.

So it isn't a tit-for-tat. There is NO evidence to support you opinion. There is evidence to support mine.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously, you are ignorant as to what Article 86 of the UCMJ, Absent Without Leave/Unathorized Absence is. Bush was transfered from TXANG to the ALANG via a set of orders. The orders nullify your accusation.
    the awol charge, as I recall the story, wasn't that he went to Alabama unauthorized, it was that he never showed up again after reporting in...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No sale. My veteran's benefits weren't cut. Matter of fact, I have gotten a raise every year since retiring, and any and all benefits I am elegible for have been at my disposal for the asking.

The fact is, the Republicans cut the amount of the raise we were getting. That's hardly cutting current benefits. A smoke and mirrors accusation from the left.

As far as my being in the minority ... off the top of my head ....

DMP, PEGWINN, CSM, Pale Rider, Gaffer, Mr P, trobinett, 5stringJeff, and theStripey1 all are military vets.

So I'm not so lonely in the boat.
    Don't forget GW in Ohio... he's one too...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    ditto your dislike of Senator Kerry...
    My dislike of Kerry as a politician is my opinion.

My professional judgement of Kerry as a Naval Officer has nothing to do with my personal dislike, and everything to do with is actions. My professional judgement of Kerry as a former Naval Officer has nothing to do with my dislike and everything to do with his actions.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

the awol charge, as I recall the story, wasn't that he went to Alabama unauthorized, it was that he never showed up again after reporting in...
    You know the deal .... if he was AWOL, then he should have been charged with it. Since he was not, and there is no real evidence that he was, it's hardly a credible charge.

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    No. He means they are playing with soldier lives by telling the troop and our enemies that Congress is unwilling to stand behind them as they keep us safe from harm.

When are you Democrats going to realize your actions have real life consequences? We have Jack Murtha conspiring to cut funds from the troops in an effort to pull our troops out of Iraq.

NEWSFLASH: The war wont end if our troops our pulled out. If our troops are pulled out or underfunded just because Democrats want to make the President look bad, we are going to see murder and slaughter that we havent seen since the killing fields in southeast Asia. But then Democrats like pretending they werent responsible for that either.
    I listened to a campaign stop of John McCain's in South Carolina.... some dumbass redneck woman was complaining that the democrats were trying to pass a resolution that would prevent the soldiers in Iraq from getting paid.

now we are talking here about not getting them enough weapons or ammunition.

next thing you know, they will all have to write to their folks to send them bus fare to get back to America.

the fact of the matter is: even if Congress cut off all funding for Iraq, the boys would always have enough ammo and food and they would all get paid.... it would simply mean that team bush would have to pull them out from the middle of a civil war in which they are targets of convenience for both sides. No one would ever have to patrol the mean streets of Baghdad without enough ammo to do the job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Don't forget GW in Ohio... he's one too...
    I may have left off several that I don't know. GW in Ohio is new to me. The posters I listed with the exception of Gaffer and yourself, I have known for several years.

Mr P used to be the "Keeper of the List."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I listened to a campaign stop of John McCain's in South Carolina.... some dumbass redneck woman was complaining that the democrats were trying to pass a resolution that would prevent the soldiers in Iraq from getting paid.

next thing you know, they will all have to write to their folks to send them bus fare to get back to America.

the fact of the matter is: even if Congress cut off all funding for Iraq, the boys would always have enough ammo and food and they would all get paid.... it would simply mean that team bush would have to pull them out from the middle of a civil war in which they are targets of convenience for both sides. No one would ever have to patrol the mean streets of Baghdad without enough ammo to do the job.
    So DEFEAT, is ok with you, I see...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post

That IS dumb. LOL.

I'd have to agree. I don't think anyone, regardless their political motives, is going to leave the troops without weapons, ammo, or other supplies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since you live nearby, maybe you should go to the facility in the article rather than going to the main building...

do you think it's right that our severely wounded troopers should be being treated in a rat or roach infested building?
    Smply put I think the article is cooked, wouldn't surprise me coming from the Post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    So DEFEAT, is ok with you, I see...
    Defeat is okay with ALL liberals. They don't see the defeat for the US ... they see what they perceive as a political victory for the left.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Defeat is okay with ALL liberals. They don't see the defeat for the US ... they see what they perceive as a political victory for the left.
    True. It's all about power for them, the security of the US be damned. They have sided with the enemy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd have to agree. I don't think anyone, regardless their political motives, is going to leave the troops without weapons, ammo, or other supplies.
    I don't put anything past the dems when it comes to politics. If they think they can make Bush look bad and win in 08, they will leave the troops unarmed and unsupplied in a heartbeat. Their logic being if they don't have the means to fight they will have to come home.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.