Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    I know re New...court systems!

Why shouldn't US troops go to Dafur to peacekeep? You think US troops should only be used for war and not trying to keep regions stable?
    How can the troops goin on peacekeeping missions when there is no peace to begin with?

And yes I think the US troops should only be used for war. Thats the entire point of the Military: WAR.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Manu, anything she says to Iran will be better than saying nothing at all and parking aircraft carriers off their coast. We need open communication with Iran instead of backhanded insults and knuckle-dragging threats. And I have no doubt, as I said, that Clinton's administration would open that line of communication--extend the olive branch if you will.

As of today, Iran has violated the UN resolution calling for them to cease Uranium enrichment. We'll see if they make good on their threats to slap them with sanctions. In the mean time, the US needs to open a dialogue. Iran actually tried to do this but Bush thumbed his nose at them. That's not good diplomacy. You have to talk to people.

You're so full of sh*t Manu. Clinton's policies were sound. You cannot say that about the Bush administration, which has been racked with ethical malfeasance and incompetence from the very beginning. And don't bring up the blowjob incident that the Republicans crucified Clinton for. He was aquitted of all charges except lying about getting a blowjob! And you can't blame him for that. Bush on the other hand, has been shown to have doctored the intelligence that sent us to WAR! Resulting in the deaths of over 3000 US troops. Not to mention the incompetence shown during the Katrina distaster as well as the ineptitude with which he handles foreign policy.

At the end of the Clinton administration, polls showed that the US ranked high in world opinion. After seven years of W. and Co. we rank low and we have nothing to show for it except for a bloated foreign debt, a middle east in shambles and a low worldwide opinion of us. That's all I'm saying.
    good answer....insults aside....i now i understand....you believe hillary would negotiate with iran and that by talking to them and saying all the right things as her husband did they will change their behavior back to the way it was under bill and she will do for america what bill did and a return to that era would be a good thing ... got it.... as for bills policies....during his years in office america and her allies and interest were attacked several dozen times not sure his policies were as sound as you think nor were we as loved as you think.....the us has been hated for a long time.....
    Last edited by manu1959; 02-21-2007 at 06:37 PM.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    good answer....insults aside....i now i understand....you believe hillary would negotiate with iran and that by talking to them and saying all the right things as her husband did they will change their behavior back to the way it was under bill and she will do for america what bill did and a return to that era would be a good thing ... got it....
    So basically Iran would promise not to use the nuclear technology we give them as weapons against us and then break that promise at the most convenient time for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

...:
    By IAN BISHOP
    February 21, 2007 -- MIAMI - Hillary Rodham Clinton vowed yesterday to change the United States so it's no longer an "arrogant power" that alienates the world. [/QUOTE]

How ironic!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Manu, anything she says to Iran will be better than saying nothing at all and parking aircraft carriers off their coast. We need open communication with Iran instead of backhanded insults and knuckle-dragging threats. And I have no doubt, as I said, that Clinton's administration would open that line of communication--extend the olive branch if you will.

You know NOTHING about islam. iran is run by a fundimentalist theocracy. Not rational people like other countries. They want to destroy the US. They have no respect for women and anything said to hellery will be to placate her until they are ready to move. Carrier groups in the gulf are a form of diplomacy. They simply say, don't mess in the gulf cause we will take action. Bush has repeatedly stated he wants to deal with iran diplomatically. If you want to extend an olive branch I suggest you try petting a rabid dog and see what that gets you.

As of today, Iran has violated the UN resolution calling for them to cease Uranium enrichment. We'll see if they make good on their threats to slap them with sanctions. In the mean time, the US needs to open a dialogue. Iran actually tried to do this but Bush thumbed his nose at them. That's not good diplomacy. You have to talk to people.

They will not cease uranium enrichment. And the sanctions won't do shit. Even if they were strong sanctions russia and china would continue to do business with them. iran tried to get the US to backdown, they have never tried to negociate anything. They have a goal and they intend to reach that goal. Try talking to that rabid dog when you try to pet it.

You're so full of sh*t Manu. Clinton's policies were sound. You cannot say that about the Bush administration, which has been racked with ethical malfeasance and incompetence from the very beginning. And don't bring up the blowjob incident that the Republicans crucified Clinton for. He was aquitted of all charges except lying about getting a blowjob! And you can't blame him for that. Bush on the other hand, has been shown to have doctored the intelligence that sent us to WAR! Resulting in the deaths of over 3000 US troops. Not to mention the incompetence shown during the Katrina distaster as well as the ineptitude with which he handles foreign policy.

Clinton sold out the country by giving nuclear support to north korea and allowing china to steal sensative rocket components. How do you think they managed that little trick of knocking out their old weather satelite. Thank clinton for that. Bush doctored nothing. Prove he doctored intelligence. Show me a legitimate site that proves this is a fact. You can't because its a liberal talking point that is thrown out everytime Bush's name is mentioned.

At the end of the Clinton administration, polls showed that the US ranked high in world opinion. After seven years of W. and Co. we rank low and we have nothing to show for it except for a bloated foreign debt, a middle east in shambles and a low worldwide opinion of us. That's all I'm saying.
    As mentioned above, clinton was popular because he was selling out the country. All the lefties loved clinton. Bush won't do that, so they hate him. I suggest after you get done petting the rabid dog, you go read up on islam, your going to need it if your people get into power. Praying five times a day and all.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    So...................

Am I hearing that Hillary is not going to be able to count on your support as she attempts to rebuild our image in the world?
    Not if she's trying to rebuild the image of "appeasment".

I think people who compromise their principles in order to conform to "group think" should suffer the consequences of ignominy.

It frustrates the hell out me that liberals want everyone and everything to be equal without having put forth the effort to deserve it.

Liberals and their ideals of a one-world order remind me of baby food - bland and tasteless.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Should I use the Liberal talking points? Lets start with "Dafur is no direct threat to the US"! How's that?

Try this one: "Unless the US Congress declares war it would be an illegal war"!

Not enough,? How about this one: "Soldiers would die for nothing and entangle us in a civil war that the US could not win".

Hmmm....lets go for this one: "Such an effort only serves the military industrial complex....its all about money".

Any of this sound familiar yet? I got lots more!
    Peacekeeping and going to war are two different things. So you are comparing apples and oranges...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Hey, I'm watching it go over in the form of the Iraq War in "mass never seen before" so cut the bull. Hillary is qualified, way more qualified than W. was, to be president. She's been an attorney, she's been first lady, she's even been a Senator. She knows politics and I have no doubt foreign relations will run more smoothly under her than they have for the last seven years.
    If she's got all this, why do so many despise her? And, what makes you think being an attorney qualfies one for president?

Saying she knows politics and that she's good at it means she must be more corrupt than all the others.

I will say that of the current crop of Dems, she knows how to play the political assassination game better than the rest. She's definitely had more practice at it than the others.

The CLINTON MACHINE is already at work - fortunately they are eating their own at the moment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

What about being neither?
    Being disrepected and disliked is still better than compromising one's principles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Actually I don't know what Bush has done. Tell me?
    As for Hillary, she has yet to set an exact agenda. But it'll make interesting reading. If it is anything like Bill's foreign policy, she'll at least attempt to make peace between the Israelis and Pals. What efforts has Bush made so far other than make the region 10 times more unstable than it was before he came to office? Outsiders don't like Bush. They see him as a religious neocon that is not even remotely interested in building bridges - oh, and an idiot. Clinton was well respected as an international diplomat. I see Hillary in the same vein.
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Yeah............I'm sick and tired of the blowjob references too! It's gotten blown so totally out of proportion that people forget all the other screwups he precipitated.

I think people have just gotten tired of rehashing all his screwups and boiled it down to a blowjob to show just how disgusted they are with the whole Clinton bunch.

I would prefer to keep using Somalia, or the Cole as focal points for what a total weeny he is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Should I use the Liberal talking points? Lets start with "Dafur is no direct threat to the US"! How's that?

Try this one: "Unless the US Congress declares war it would be an illegal war"!

Not enough,? How about this one: "Soldiers would die for nothing and entangle us in a civil war that the US could not win".

Hmmm....lets go for this one: "Such an effort only serves the military industrial complex....its all about money".

Any of this sound familiar yet? I got lots more!
    I love the civil war one..........telling us we must get out of Iraq - don't want to be involved in a civil war........and yet we must stop the civil war in Darfur.

Go figure.........I'm tired of trying to make sense of liberal logic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Peacekeeping and going to war are two different things. So you are comparing apples and oranges...
    What peace would we be keeping in Darfur?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey Hagbard, are you volunteering to go to Iran and have a heart to heart with those oh so civilized mongrels that dull their knives before they saw off your head with them? These aren't people that can be reasoned with, don't you get that? Force is all they understand, anything less and they think you're a pussy. You think Christians are silly? How about a guy that keeps an empty chair next to him, wherever he goes, for the return of the 12th Imam? You are going to have a dialogue with that? Olive branch????

The UN slapped sanctions on Saddam's Iraq, where did that go? The UN themselves were payed off by Saddam along with France, Germany and our good buddies... the Russians.

You can't possibly be this stupid, are we on Candid Camera. This sounds like the kind of crap that a bunch of little anarchist wannabes discuss over Frappachinos at Starbucks, weak and silly.

Our foreign debt is from Americans using their freedom of choice and choosing cheaper products from overseas manufacturers. We control that. We could say no to products from China but we don't and now everything is made there and we have very little choice. What brand of car do you drive? If it isn't American made, you really can't say much about foreign debt.

Check the unemployment figures lately, how about the amount of tax revenue the government has taken in since President Bush inacted the tax cuts? How about the record breaking stock market? Could it be that the rest of the world looks at our poor and sees that they would be considered middle class in their countries and are just a bit jealous? Could it be that the rest of the world is too chicken shit to take out two bit dictators and they envy that we have the power to do it?

Go back to smoking cigarettes and and drinking Frappochinos with your little friends and leave the discussions to adults.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 02-22-2007 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Some things I'd like to see happen during a Hillary Clinton Presidency:

10. Returning of the White House china and silverware
    9. So, how about those 200,000 jobs for Upstate New York you promised us when you were campaigning for NY Senator, Madame President?
    8. Let's see how long you can go without bad mouthing America, the religious, pro-lifers, Republicans, the military and just about anyone else that doesn't fit into your world view.
    7. So what actually DID happen to Vince Foster?
    6. Rescinding all those presidential pardons your husband handed out
    5. Bake us all some chocolate chip cookies
    4. Just admit it, you're a man hating lesbian, a crypto-communist, a two faced liar and an arrogant bitch who doesn't have any respect for anyone or anything decent. You're so full of ambition and you'll do anything to get what you want... there, that wasn't so bad was it?
    3. Tell us EXACTLY who will pay for Hillary's medical plan and where that trillion dollars is coming from.
    2. Besides serving hors d’oeuvres at your White House parties, what are your plans for the military?
    1. Tell the truth for a change
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan