Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    well if it turns out that there is no god ..... then there is no mark of the beast and there is nothing to worry about.....
    I don't believe so.

Let me get this straight:

You trust the SAME government that allowed all of the illegals to enter this country by ignoring the laws on the books and the same gvt that allowed 911 terrorists to roam free in our country and the same gvt that allowed millions of veterans personal and financial information on a data base be stolen with implementing Real ID with no parameters to stop them on what info or what tracking they choose to do on us?

May I ask, how do you forsee Real Id or eventually a National id helping to solve terrorism from occuring again?

And also, how do you forsee the gvt using real id to help our illegal immigration problem? Do you see them stopping all of us where ever we go being stopped by cops and asked for our "papers" or national id card and if we do not have one then rounded up and shipped out of the country?

How EXACTLY do you actually see Real id or eventually a National id card helping us and our safety?

I am getting some work done around here, will come back to see your or anyone elses answer to all of this....

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    damn Immie---- you get no comfort from your faith ? We really need to start a different thread .
    When I am feeling faith"full", I get a lot of comfort from my faith, but at the moment, I feel like the weight of the entire world is on my shoulers. You do realize, I hope, that even John the Baptist, questioned his faith!

I'm feeling as if I have abandoned God to some extent.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I don't believe so.

You trust the SAME government that allowed all of the illegals to enter this country by ignoring the laws on the books and the same gvt that allowed 911 terrorists to roam free in our country and the same gvt that allowed millions of veterans personal and financial information on a data base be stolen with implementing Real ID with no parameters to stop them on what info or what tracking they choose to do on us?

May I ask, how do you forsee Real Id or eventually a National id helping to solve terrorism from occuring again?

And also, how do you forsee the gvt using real id to help our illegal immigration problem? Do you see them stopping all of us where ever we go being stopped by cops and asked for our "papers" or national id card and if we do not have one then rounded up and shipped out of the country?

How EXACTLY do you actually see Real id or eventually a National id card helping us and our safety?

I am getting some work done around here, will come back to see your or anyone elses answer to all of this....

jd

i already have an id that complies with the law....california implimented it years ago.....

as for the rest of your questions.....i trust no one.....and i will bet you whatever you want that nothing will ever be done about our off the books labour force....and no one will ever be able to stop terrorisim......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    When I am feeling faith"full", I get a lot of comfort from my faith, but at the moment, I feel like the weight of the entire world is on my shoulers. You do realize, I hope, that even John the Baptist, questioned his faith!

I'm feeling as if I have abandoned God to some extent.

Immie
    doubts and fear are good....they make one take a hard look at their life and actions.....you will emerge from this introspective moment stronger than you entered it....

all the best in your journey....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't believe so.

jd

Even a token attempt to know who is a legal citizen and entitled to certain rights is a step in the right direction (are we a nation of laws or not? ). Fearing that our government is going to do something sinister with it assumes that they can pull their shit together and destroy me. I don't think they can. I can adjust to whatever shit they come up with --. People limit their OWN freedoms FAR more than any government does anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i already have an id that complies with the law....california implimented it years ago.....

as for the rest of your questions.....i trust no one.....and i will bet you whatever you want that nothing will ever be done about our off the books labour force....and no one will ever be able to stop terrorisim......
    Oh? Like there is any "thinking" human being on the planet that is going to take you up on that bet regardless of the odds you give!

doubts and fear are good....they make one take a hard look at their life and actions.....you will emerge from this introspective moment stronger than you entered it....

all the best in your journey....
    I agree completely, but in the meantime, I'm still feeling beaten down.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even a token attempt to know who is a legal citizen and entitled to certain rights is a step in the right direction (are we a nation of laws or not? ). Fearing that our government is going to do something sinister with it assumes that they can pull their shit together and destroy me. I don't think they can. I can adjust to whatever shit they come up with --. People limit their OWN freedoms FAR more than any government does anyway.
    no shit....why is everyone afraid of a group of people that can not win the war on drugs, the war on illegal imigration, the war on terrorisim, ballance a budget pass a law without pork.....hell if the start in i will just become a pot smoking, illegal alien terrorist...they will never catch me....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no shit....why is everyone afraid of a group of people that can not win the war on drugs, the war on illegal imigration, the war on terrorisim, ballance a budget pass a law without pork.....hell if the start in i will just become a pot smoking, illegal alien terrorist...they will never catch me....
    Two words:

Vincent Foster.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Oh? Like there is any "thinking" human being on the planet that is going to take you up on that bet regardless of the odds you give!

I agree completely, but in the meantime, I'm still feeling beaten down.

Immie

well if you won't take the bet then you should not "fear" the inept.....

as for the second issue

you can always do what i do.....decide not to be beaten down....all you can do is play as hard as you can from this moment forword.....

the past is....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the past is....
    ... repeatable!

Ecclesiastes 1:9
    What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

{edit}

well if you won't take the bet then you should not "fear" the inept.....
    I just thought of this, so call me dense, but it is the inept that we need to fear the most! The inept can do the most damage without even trying. The inept can destroy lives and not even consider the fact that they are doing so.

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 01-16-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

several states already comply including moon bat california......have you googled real ID and what it is actually trying to do?.....
    OK.

You have said that you basically don't care about this because YOUR STATE complies with this ALREADY.

You also state that illegals drove to your home and probably have licences.

IF YOUR STATE has complied already with Real id then how in the hell do these illegals drive with licenses?

How has real id helped ONE IOTA to stop illegal immigration in your state?

And on top of this you never answered how you can FORSEE real ID helping the situation with terrorism or illegal immigrants? PLEASE answer this...

Do you see all of us being required to carry id at all times, cuz real id is only needed to get in federal buildings or airplanes or nuke plants?

Do you forsee all of us citizens being required to show the real id to police, who can stop us at any time to ask for it?

WHAT in the hell do you actually forsee as it being a help for either of the categoreies of immigration or terrorists?

AND if it is not going to stop terrorists or illegals in any manner WHY in the heck to you support it?

I will tell ya what i think, and that is that it is a SHAM....making you and others think they are doing something WHEN they are NOT....

WHY don't they just follow the laws on the books already and go after the employers who are breaking the law? Stop the jobs, stop the illegal immigrants....

And also, on another thread you mentioned that libertarianism has some merit, basically.

if you believe such, then why the heck are you a supporter of real id? (if you are?) Why force down Maine's throat a federally inspired id card that YOU THINK is going to help round up illegals somehow? Take care of your own state and your own problems with illegals....shoot, make it where everyone has to have a cali id and make it where you have to show it just to walk down the street for all i care, if you and the other california citizens think that it will help YOU with YOUR immigration problem...but to make or insist all other states do it too? That does not sound like a Republic to me and it is an overreach imo...

again, go after the law breakers....those that hire the illegals and the illegals themselves....

Is a database on gun owners ok with you? if it is not, then why is something like this?

my questions are for everyone to answer and directed at all that have participated on this thread, not just you!

jd
    Last edited by JohnDoe; 01-16-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

manu, you around?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

manu, you around?
    are you? you go around or something?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it will help YOU with YOUR immigration problem...

jd
    I finally get it---it's like a NIMBY argument. You see it as a problem for the citizens of the states who have to deal with the shit. Not Maine's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally get it---it's like a NIMBY argument. You see it as a problem for the citizens of the states who have to deal with the shit. Not Maine's.
    I see it as a National problem concentrated in some of the states..... the problem should be addressed where it needs addressing, and the feds should not overreach...

gotta go for a bit, the hubby wants to use the computer... if you respond, I will catch it later...fyi

jd