Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that they WERE in breach of resolutions, and they WERE NOT fully cooperating as of the invasion. Thanks anyway!
    They were cooperating to the satisfaction of Hans Blix... didn't matter to the war monger tho...

he invaded anyway...
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I didn't know it was a bad thing to serve your country in the National Guard.
    You missed the point. Avatar said that Bush volunteered for foreign service. Stripey just proved him wrong on that count.

I find it kind of hypocritical for some righties to put a positive spin on Bush's military record while trashing the record of others who were in harm's way and even got wounded (Max Cleland, for example, lost three limbs).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Don't watch tv much and don't pay attention to either, nice try though. You among others need to find your A game fast, time is running out.
    figures... another ill informed bozo claiming things that aren't true... you a rush man then?

I haven't seen any game from you... I could bring my Z game and eat you alive...

and have actually... easily too... cuz you're no challenge at all...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    You missed the point. Avatar said that Bush volunteered for foreign service. Stripey just proved him wrong on that count.

I find it kind of hypocritical for some righties to put a positive spin on Bush's military record while trashing the record of others who were in harm's way and even got wounded (Max Cleland, for example, lost three limbs).
    I've never trashed Cleland.

Kerry, on the other hand, is a different matter. He joined the swift boats because he thought he be stationed off shore, and their mission got changed later. He then manufactured at least two of his Purple Hearts to get out of his service in just 4 months.

Regardless of if you think Bush tried to avoid the conflict, at least he served all of his time.

It seems we have yet another liberal double-standard. Who is the hypocrit, you say?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kerry, on the other hand, is a different matter. He joined the swift boats because he thought he be stationed off shore, and their mission got changed later. He then manufactured at least two of his Purple Hearts to get out of his service in just 4 months.

Regardless of if you think Bush tried to avoid the conflict, at least he served all of his time.

It seems we have yet another liberal double-standard. Who is the hypocrit, you say?

At least Kerry went. Prove two of his purple hearts were manufactured. Prove he joined the Swift boats to be stationed off shore. In fact going up river in swift boats was very dangerous. There was jungle on either side and you had no idea where the next bullet was coming from. Kinda ironic that he got a bronze and silver star on the swift boats when a) Some swifties got neither 2) Ditto grunts on the ground...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    At least Kerry went. Prove two of his purple hearts were manufactured. Prove he joined the Swift boats to be stationed off shore. In fact going up river in swift boats was very dangerous. There was jungle on either side and you had no idea where the next bullet was coming from. Kinda ironic that he got a bronze and silver star on the swift boats when a) Some swifties got neither 2) Ditto grunts on the ground...
    Once Kerry's goes public with his complete military history, as Bush did, then I'll be able to prove exactly what I said. Until then we'll just have to rely on reports of the Swift Boat vets, which I'm quite sure that you will dismiss in kind.

BTW aren't you that same individual who claims to point out hipocrisy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the military gave out medals for slacking, Bush would have earned a fistful of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once Kerry's goes public with his complete military history, as Bush did, then I'll be able to prove exactly what I said. Until then we'll just have to rely on reports of the Swift Boat vets, which I'm quite sure that you will dismiss in kind.

When did he explain his failure to report for a physical? When did he explain the periods where there is no record of his having put in time?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't dismiss the evidence of the swift boat vets who actually served on board the same boat with him, all of which except one agree with his version. You know, the guys that were actually there on the boat with him - not the guys who only "heard" about what he did.

I agree, he should have opened his records..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    He's a traitor and a coward, there's #4.
    have you read the board rules, ofa?

how about this one in particular?

** I expect Staff to be held to a higher standard as they set the tone of our community. As I am asking them to take the high road and refrain from engaging members in 'flaming', members are asked to refrain from 'flaming' Staff. If you have an issue with board decisions, or a particular member of Staff, please PM an Admin. There will be very little tolerance for members that go out of their way to engage Staff in a manner unbecoming to the community. **

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    have you read the board rules, ofa?

how about this one in particular?

** I expect Staff to be held to a higher standard as they set the tone of our community. As I am asking them to take the high road and refrain from engaging members in 'flaming', members are asked to refrain from 'flaming' Staff. If you have an issue with board decisions, or a particular member of Staff, please PM an Admin. There will be very little tolerance for members that go out of their way to engage Staff in a manner unbecoming to the community. **
    That rule has never applied to OCA.
    God bless America, but she stole the "b" from bless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

How childish....

I don't watch msnbc, CNN and a few others..
    But I don't have to hate them so much, that I must take them off my remote...
    Some people don't mind being lied to... some people do...

I don't watch ABC either, for the same reason and yes, they too are off my remote...

but who cares what you consider to be childish... certainly not I... there are tons of things that you do that I consider to be stupid, but that won't stop you from doing them, will it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I meant to ask how many troops died because of lack of body armor specifically caused by the insufficient supply of body armor in the beginning of the war. Sorry if I didn't word it correctly.

I think your answer that "any of them that died because of IEDs, would qualify" is incorrect. Body armor will not stop all the shrapnel from an IED. Someone could be patrolling on foot and get hit with shrapnel in the legs or neck and bleed to death, even with body armor.
    I thought those folks were winding up in that rehab center across the street from Walter Reed... not bleeding to death... I've heard that we can get them off the battlefield a lot faster than we could forty years ago... that plenty of those that are saved today would have died in Viet Nam...

If they had them in supply when we invaded, why didn't they provide them to the troops? Do you not see that that in and of itself is despicable?
    Last edited by TheStripey1; 02-23-2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: needed to add ten years...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually I thought you both (I mean you, and Jill/Stripey) kinda proved your points, which just goes to show different folks different strokes. Hardly wrong in any way, shape or form.

I guess he’s asking the question because nobody is answering it. And when you think about it, it’s a damn fucking good question. I mean all the neocons and conservatives are so keen for US troops to be over there, so it’s only fair that they stump up with a good plan to get out or what constitutes victory and how it will be achieved. I don’t see anything wrong with him asking it.

It’s funny that you see the question the way you do and yet you want honest debate. If the Bush shills on this board were being honest, they would have answered the question a long time ago.

As for like-minded people sticking up for each other, I see it all the time by everybody – especially when the other side see it nothing more than grandiose backslapping. You want me to point it out when folks on your side of the aisle do it?
    They don't have a clue what constitutes victory, Grumpy, that's why they don't answer the question... all they can do is point their fingers at the dems and say... you want defeat...

a lie of course, but since that's their only refuge, that's what they do...

but in all fairness, ofa did answer the question... when all their oil is gone... of course he didn't answer my follow-up question... if he was going to kill all the iraqis to accomplish it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And you're a coward for not serving...
    he had better things to do then be a patriot... but he did say he would go in a heartbeat... hmmmmmm... he also said he was 39... that means he was 34 after 9/11... I wonder why he didn't enlist then?

besides being chicken that is...