Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Lot of anger in your post, Yurt.

Also a lot of racism.

I think a lot of you white folks here are threatened by the thought of a black president. Are you afraid he's gonna take revenge for all those centuries of slavery?

The irony is all this is that you righties feel threatened by Obama, when the truth is that Obama is 180 degrees from the stereotype of black men that normally threatens you.

Obama is better educated, more intelligent, dresses better and is better looking than most of us white people. I can see you being threatened by an Al Sharpton, or a Jesse Jackson.

But Obama? He's everything us white folks aspire to be.

Loosen up your sphincter muscles, right wingers.
    Maybe re-reading the OP might help you get a grip on what is being discussed here. No fear--No anger---just an observation that Obama's CHURCH is consumed with the black race. If a white candidate's church was that concerned about the white race he/she would be run out of town on a rail.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Maybe re-reading the OP might help you get a grip on what is being discussed here. No fear--No anger---just an observation that Obama's CHURCH is consumed with the black race. If a white candidate's church was that concerned about the white race he/she would be run out of town on a rail.

lucky for all of us, none of the white candidates are in such a position. The fact of the matter is: Obama is NOT being run out of town on a rail. End of discussion. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. ::yawn::

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also a lot of racism.

I think a lot of you white folks here are threatened by the thought of a black president. Are you afraid he's gonna take revenge for all those centuries of slavery?

The irony is all this is that you righties feel threatened by Obama, when the truth is that Obama is 180 degrees from the stereotype of black men that normally threatens you.

Obama is better educated, more intelligent, dresses better and is better looking than most of us white people. I can see you being threatened by an Al Sharpton, or a Jesse Jackson.

wow, and you accuse me of having anger in my post?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I don't know of any white people whose ancestors were brought to America against their will as property.

I have objectivity. I happen to belong to his denomination. My church is fully supportive of his chuch's mission. Uplifting and empowering blacks on the south side of CHicago to lift themselves up from economic empoverishment is a noble mission. The UCC is fully supportive of Trinity. SO am I.
    Unfortunately, gonna have to catch you on this one. Numerous settlers in the beginnings of America were brought over here under terms of indenture, as well as to ship off criminals that they didn't want hanging around Europe anymore (somewhat the same way they used australia originally). Now, the terms of indenture, unfortunately, were never specifically clear, save for a few honest holders, and so, a person could have costs "tacked on" to their indenture, or paid out the indenture rate so slowly, that they would never make it out from under it in their lifetimes.

Now, as to the plight of black communities, I do understand there's intolerance in the world, racism is real, but things are nowhere near where they were in this country during the civil rights movement. No one even bats an eyelash at the thought that Obama is of mixed ethnicity these days, but forty years ago? Not a chance in hell he would have held public office, certainly not as a senator, and even less a viable candidate for the presidency.

the problem is that the root of the problem in our society is no longer race-related, but class-related. The inner cities are not exclusively black communities, all races are held within now. We need to stop focusing so much on the color of a person's skin (No matter how much you may not wish to admit it, promoting black kids ahead of white kids is still based on skin color), and start focusing on helping the people who need help the most, regardless of their skin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lucky for all of us, none of the white candidates are in such a position. The fact of the matter is: Obama is NOT being run out of town on a rail. End of discussion. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. ::yawn::
    no--the fact is that a white person would be. double standard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    no--the fact is that a white person would be. double standard.
    a white person in a black dominated country where whites had been imported as slaves earlier in the country's history, and who belonged to a church that served a depressed white neighborhood probably wouldn't be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a white person in a black dominated country where whites had been imported as slaves earlier in the country's history, and who belonged to a church that served a depressed white neighborhood probably wouldn't be.
    Blacks are not hepless. They don't have any less rights than any other Americans. Why do you continue to treat them like they are little children incapable of doing anything for themselves because 200 years ago their ancestors may have been owned by someone?

At what point does the past become the past and people start paying attention to what's going on now?
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also a lot of racism.

Why do you always accuse others of racism when your side is the one treating blacks like they are children?

The very fact that Senator Obama is a serious contender demonstrates that race is not the issue it was. That a black man can succeed and overcome on his own merits. They are no better or worse than anyone else and with hard work and sacrifice can succeed like everyone else.

Hard work and sacrifice are the requirements for anyone to succeed.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Blacks are not hepless. They don't have any less rights than any other Americans. Why do you continue to treat them like they are little children incapable of doing anything for themselves because 200 years ago their ancestors may have been owned by someone?

At what point does the past become the past and people start paying attention to what's going on now?
    I never said they were helpless. I don't treat them in the way you infer.

And the past will get closer to actually being the past when blacks reach economic equity with whites in America....much the same way our sexist past which had disenfranchised all women until less than a century will be finally part of the past when women reach economic equity with men.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never said they were helpless. I don't treat them in the way you infer.

And the past will get closer to actually being the past when blacks reach economic equity with whites in America....much the same way our sexist past which had disenfranchised all women until less than a century will be finally part of the past when women reach economic equity with men.
    then it should have been over decades ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    then it should have been over decades ago.
    ummm...I am not sure that the median income for black american families anywhere near approaches the median income for white families.

and women are not paid the same wage as men for the same jobs.

so.... by my reckoning, it has a ways to go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ummm...I am not sure that the median income for black american families anywhere near approaches the median income for white families.

and women are not paid the same wage as men for the same jobs.

so.... by my reckoning, it has a ways to go.
    blacks and women should just be given more money by the govt to even it out......hey i know just tax the rich white guys ....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    blacks and women should just be given more money by the govt to even it out......hey i know just tax the rich white guys ....
    MFM needs to swap homes with a black family because he's white. He would if he REALLY cared.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    that is stupid. we should have a society where blacks and women have equal economic opportunity.

and if rich white guys are earning more in their jobs while blacks and women toil in similar jobs for less money, they OUGHT to be taxed!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

that is stupid. we should have a society where blacks and women have equal economic opportunity.

and if rich white guys are earning more in their jobs while blacks and women toil in similar jobs for less money, they OUGHT to be taxed!
    Right. Women and blacks should be exempted! Power to women and Blacks!