Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    And I am willing to bet that a majority of those in prisons threw away their taxpayer given education. I feel no sympathy for those types at all. I grew up and went to school with a largely Mexican population. Many of them threw away their high school education because they were too busy playing wannabe gangster or wanting to do drugs. The school itself had nothing to do with it. I did just fine in the same school. The school officials said "don't do drugs", and "don't get envolved in gangs". Well, alot of those drop outs and losers made their decision and I have no doubt that many of them are in prison.

This problem has nothing to do with education and jobs, and everything to do with the wannabe gangster culture that Mexicans and blacks grow up in.
    OK, let's presume that I agree with you....it could be that i lived a sheltered, middle class life, in a land far, far away from what you just described.

-Why has crime gone up and being a gangster more reputable and worthy of attention by these youth than holding a good paying job and fitting in to society, with less fear of being killed?

-What is your proposal to reduce these kinds of thugs?

-How can you dispute figures on crime reduction when unemployment among the poor is low, and higher crimes when unemployment among the poor is high? I see a correlation....maybe I am wrong in this logic, but this is how it appears to me?

jd
    Last edited by JohnDoe; 02-29-2008 at 01:38 PM.