Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    "I should have been able to get a direct commission into the Army corp with the qualifications I had or with a few more flight hours into aviation which is what I was branched in the first place, But you didn't get direct commission so either you weren't qualified for it, or were not savy enough to see what was happening to you."

Ah touche, I should shut my mouth regarding this issue, because if I were savy enough I would not have joined in the first place. I am striking out. Regarding the kids though, unless you are in some sort of unique position for your parents or whoever to watch them while you are away until the end of time you should loose them, an absent parent is a bad parent regardless of how noble the cause for there absence.
    This right here tells me what a piece of shit you are!!!! To make a callus statement like this is just plain ignorant.

How many children do you have??? Any???? If not you are niether able or qualified to give your opinion or "observation" on this topic. Most of the worst things done in our world today start with "it's for the children".

You are a piece of shit and that is all you will ever be. You have a bad attitude, obviously have a problem with authority, can't take orders without whinning like a bitch, and can't take discipline without screaming harrasment.

You are a selfabsorbed, whinny, pathetic little man... IF...... and I say IF you ever amount to anything I for one will be very surprised!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I should have been able to get a direct commission into the Army corp with the qualifications I had or with a few more flight hours into aviation which is what I was branched in the first place, But you didn't get direct commission so either you weren't qualified for it, or were not savy enough to see what was happening to you."

Ah touche, I should shut my mouth regarding this issue, because if I were savy enough I would not have joined in the first place. I am striking out. Regarding the kids though, unless you are in some sort of unique position for your parents or whoever to watch them while you are away until the end of time you should loose them, an absent parent is a bad parent regardless of how noble the cause for there absence.
    So if we use your logic and apply it to a wider picture.....should every one of the millions of members of the greatest generation that served in WWII have lost their kids? Many of them served for 3-4 years....yeah, years without coming home for more than a few weeks of R&R. Would you have taken my mother away from my grandfather (101st Airborne, Normandy) as well as my two sons (very well adjusted even tho I am a "bad parent"?) Your opinion is plain wrong here. Just because an individual deploys or has a job where he is away does not mean he/she is a bad parent and should have no access to their children. What about truckers? They are away for weeks at a time? Or fishermen; the guys working on the oil rigs off the coast of CA and in the Gulf of Mexico??? See, when you apply it to other fields you can see how wrong it is. Also, I have seen many parents who were home every day who should have their kids taken away. Being there does not make you a good parent. It just makes you there.
    Last edited by AFbombloader; 03-05-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    So if we use your logic and apply it to a wider picture.....should every one of the millions of members of the greatest generation that served in WWII have lost their kids? Many of them served for 3-4 years....yeah, years without coming home for more than a few weeks of R&R. Would you have taken my mother away from my grandfather (101st Airborne, Normandy) as well as my two sons (very well adjusted even tho I am a "bad parent"?) Your opinion is plain wrong here. Just because an individual deploys or has a job where he is away does not mean he/she is a bad parent and should have no access to their children. What about truckers? They are away for weeks at a time? Or fishermen; the guys working on the oil rigs off the coast of CA and in the Gulf of Mexico??? See, when you apply it to other fields you can see how wrong it is. Also, I have seen many parents who were home every day who should have their kids taken away. Being there does not make you a good parent. It just makes you there.
    If you can find decent people to raise your kids while you are on extended deployments thats fine, but kids should not be passed around just so you can maintain custody. I agree there are crappy parents who are always there and im saying its ok for them to keep there kids either. You have to keep in mind no other carrer field requires such extreme absences even in oil fields its at most 4 to 6 weeks on with 2 to 4 weeks off not 2 years on 6 months off (and really that off time is not off you still have regular duty days where with shift rotations on oil pads when your off your off). So if you can make it work thats fine but if not the kid should not have to endure being passed around between relatives and switched schools etc etc just so you can stay in the military and keep custody. Is everyone just going to ignore how extreme military deployments can be which is the whole basis of my argument, if deployments were capped at 4-6 months and you only had to do one or 2 per 4 year hitch that would be a different story but thats not even close to the case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    This right here tells me what a piece of shit you are!!!! To make a callus statement like this is just plain ignorant.

How many children do you have??? Any???? If not you are niether able or qualified to give your opinion or "observation" on this topic. Most of the worst things done in our world today start with "it's for the children".

You are a piece of shit and that is all you will ever be. You have a bad attitude, obviously have a problem with authority, can't take orders without whinning like a bitch, and can't take discipline without screaming harrasment.

You are a selfabsorbed, whinny, pathetic little man... IF...... and I say IF you ever amount to anything I for one will be very surprised!!!
    Nice, way to not debate anything and just make a bunch of flames, you are right I have no respect for authority unless that authority earns my respect

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default OH NO! i didn't debate anything! i ain't as smurt as an inginear!

Nice, way to not debate anything and just make a bunch of flames, you are right I have no respect for authority unless that authority earns my respect
    same goes for whiney-ass bastards that come in here with a superiority/wronged poor little me complex. way to earn our respect!
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759