Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    The National Guard, being a part of the US Army, is not the militia. Many states have volunteer militia; the unorganized militia consists of all male citizens 18-64.
    Orgainized milita seperate from federal influance while maintaining state ties and adaquate funding dont really exist anymore and the ones that do are subject to civilian firearms regulations and do not get special use exemptions (ie the LE only rights) nor do they get the funding to maintain such equipment. The unorganized militia by in large does not exist either, back in the day everyone had a weapon capable of engaging the enemy in a meaningfull manner now days like I said before such weapons are extremely expensive and many states have very stringent barriers to owning such weapons. So if the rubber ever met the road and you were relying on the "unorganized militia" or even the few states that have non funded semi orgainized militia you would be screwed. What am I going to do shoot at a tank with my .308, maybe if I had a barret M82 with armor piercing rounds and a thermal scope now we are talking and we are talking a price tag of 8K for the gun and ~ 8-10K for the thermal scope because im not going to have air support or artilery like an infantry unit might have so I need to get er done with what I have because the national assets will be broken down in iraq, I would rather by a nice sea doo ski boat or a down payment on my extra 300 plane. Are you catching my drift, if we had a system set up like switzerland we would do well.
    Last edited by rppearso; 03-11-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't know of anything to say other than 'whatever.' You should not be addressing the young, as you haven't a clue yourself to where you've been or why.
    Then why do you post, do you feel you need to post just "because". Why dont you debate what I said, it was about as simple as it gets, a one sentence simple explaination.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW pale rider, I spent 2 yrs in the national guard and 2 years in AFROTC enough to know alot of people in the military dont have it going on upstairs. I think this site needs some controls on the reputation, granted I have talked down about the militry hard but I have always backed it up, if people fail to recognize that its not my fault. basicly all you have to do is say me not like his opinion so me neg rep me not care about logic me just neg rep and flame and post ignorant one liners, its almost like shooting baby ducks in a bucket.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    Orgainized milita seperate from federal influance while maintaining state ties and adaquate funding dont really exist anymore and the ones that do are subject to civilian firearms regulations and do not get special use exemptions (ie the LE only rights) nor do they get the funding to maintain such equipment. The unorganized militia by in large does not exist either, back in the day everyone had a weapon capable of engaging the enemy in a meaningfull manner now days like I said before such weapons are extremely expensive and many states have very stringent barriers to owning such weapons. So if the rubber ever met the road and you were relying on the "unorganized militia" or even the few states that have non funded semi orgainized militia you would be screwed. What am I going to do shoot at a tank with my .308, maybe if I had a barret M82 with armor piercing rounds and a thermal scope now we are talking and we are talking a price tag of 8K for the gun and ~ 8-10K for the thermal scope because im not going to have air support or artilery like an infantry unit might have so I need to get er done with what I have because the national assets will be broken down in iraq, I would rather by a nice sea doo ski boat or a down payment on my extra 300 plane. Are you catching my drift, if we had a system set up like switzerland we would do well.
    Yeah I do, again you have no CLUE and yer gonna run, again, and claim superiority.

There are hundreds of thousands of veterans in this country that DID complete their training. They also own firearms, and yes. they know how to use them. Do to their training they also know how to stop a tank without a high tech weapon. Make explosive devises and generally just make life miserable for any enemy before they kill them. They can drop you just as dead with a single shot .22LR as with an AK or M-16.

These folks haven't forgotten their training, and while the "intellectually elite" head for the hills with the women and children, these folks would form in mass to protect the country, if it was under attack, believe it!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Yeah I do, again you have no CLUE and yer gonna run, again, and claim superiority.

There are hundreds of thousands of veterans in this country that DID complete their training. They also own firearms, and yes. they know how to use them. Do to their training they also know how to stop a tank without a high tech weapon. Make explosive devises and generally just make life miserable for any enemy before they kill them. They can drop you just as dead with a single shot .22LR as with an AK or M-16.

These folks haven't forgotten their training, and while the "intellectually elite" head for the hills with the women and children, these folks would form in mass to protect the country, if it was under attack, believe it!
    I know you're trying to reason with RP, I understand, I was there too man, but you've gotta just let it go. He's not going to back anything up, he's not going to contribute anything. Just act as though he isn't there, just some warped voice in your head.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW pale rider, I spent 2 yrs in the national guard and 2 years in AFROTC enough to know alot of people in the military dont have it going on upstairs. I think this site needs some controls on the reputation, granted I have talked down about the militry hard but I have always backed it up, if people fail to recognize that its not my fault. basicly all you have to do is say me not like his opinion so me neg rep me not care about logic me just neg rep and flame and post ignorant one liners, its almost like shooting baby ducks in a bucket.
    Even as incoherent as your post is, I still smell a rat. First off, I don't believe your claim that you were in AFROTC for a second. I takes a pretty sharp individual to get in there, and if you're not, you get washed out.

You're just a military hater, admit it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Or we could just flee to other nations that are smart enough to recognize the extreme importance of scinetists and engineers .
    From your post I gather your pretty good at cutting and running!!
    and you would be living in a 3rd world nation fighting with spears getting smart bombs dropped on your stupid a$$ that were built by the engineers and scientists you displaced

So in your world the military is filled with...... let me get this straight.....IDIOTS! Who in no way have EVER contributed ANYTHING to society.

Where do you think a lot of the "engineers" get their practicle training, education and experience. The Air Force Acadamy has one of the Best propulsion and airospace engineering programs in the world...

So it works for me as well so it would be a win-loose situation where you loose, I can work with that
    I lose huh!!! Well you and your pacifist "scientist" with NO money and NO military to PROTECT you go right ahead and attempt to protect YOURSELF..

I recall this exact scenario happening about 70 yrs ago in europe, I guess history is bound to repeat itself
    Really YOU recall!!!! Hmmmm.... how old are you again, because to recall something you have to have lived it!!! Am I going to fast for you and YOUR pea brain??
    maybe you can help make it happen nukeman maybe iceland will be the next USA they may have the politics but not the land mass or natural resources but then again neither does japan, am I going to fast for your pea brain nuke man
    Japan was founded and fourished under a strict military "type" code. Also Japan has not been the "innovator" they have been great at taking a product reverse engineering it and sometimes making it better....

YOU need to realize that without the MILITARY to SPEND and PAY the salaries of these "scientist" you speak of they wouldn't have the ability to put into practice what they have learned in school. Also numb nuts if your not in a military society WHY would your scientist be building BOMBS and other armorments???

You are like a broken record that is in serious need of disposal. Ohh take a hint from others. TAKE A FUCKING ENGLISH CLASS AND LEARN TO WRITE A COHERENT SENTENCE. YOU FUCKING GENIOUS YOU!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    I know you're trying to reason with RP, I understand, I was there too man, but you've gotta just let it go. He's not going to back anything up, he's not going to contribute anything. Just act as though he isn't there, just some warped voice in your head.
    Oh NO, I'm not trying to reason with him. rppearso is like a pile of Bullshit that I usually step over. When I see said pile of BS, I often feel the obligation to point it out to others so they know it's there. That"s all.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wait...i thought that you were in the guard and you were going to go to OTS and wished that you had done AFROTC....
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    wait...i thought that you were in the guard and you were going to go to OTS and wished that you had done AFROTC....
    Monkey, dont confuse him with his other post!! He is jsut making shit up and can't keep track of his lies..........
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Monkey, dont confuse him with his other post!! He is just making shit up and can't keep track of his lies..........
    oh my bad. me and my wanting to get things staright.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets just stick with this I think its simple enough,

Basicly I dont like to be denigrated and yelled at so I would not recommend the military to anyone else just like I wouldent recommend a fraternity that hazed to anyone. Does this cut the BS enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Basicly I dont like to be denigrated and yelled at so I would not recommend the military to anyone else just like I wouldent recommend a fraternity that hazed to anyone. Does this cut the BS enough.
    The military builds character. It takes a certain amount of guts and determination to get through it. Obviously you have neither. You openly admit your a pussy and couldn't cut it. Fine. I can live with that. The military is better off without sissies like you anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is that engineer for " oops, i got mixed up in my story so i have to backpedal now and can't think of a repsonse"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    If we "need it" in such circumstances, then citizen militia groups should suffice to protect the country until the Army can redeploy stateside. But, I agree that in general, we should reduce our overseas troop strength.
    I grew up with the draft. Although my father, brother and I all volunteered, brother and I both during the Veit Nam war, the draft was always there. I see nothing wrong with it and think we should have it now. Or military is far too small for the all the war they're expected to fight. It's my opinion that if Guard and Reserves are called to duty to fight in a war on foreign soil, we need to reenact the draft.