Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another "drive by" , great stuff Dilloduck.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The British army still goes to war on horses carrying shields and swords, the lads were buying better desert equipment from you yanks out of their own pockets(boots and stuff).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    The British army still goes to war on horses carrying shields and swords, the lads were buying better desert equipment from you yanks out of their own pockets(boots and stuff).
    What kind of swords? They make some really sweet ones nowadays.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    What kind of swords? They make some really sweet ones nowadays.
    Cutlass' or sabres, the high ranking officers can be identified by the colours of the parrots on their shoulders.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Current troops imadequately supplied???? Just how long do you think equipment lasts under combat conditions? Do you realize that stuff gets broken and lost and needs replacement? When you take a unit out of theater, they need time to reconstitute, that is retrain, repair and replace items etc. If the decision is made to deploy them ahead of schedule then that reconstitution needs to be acclerated...and that is what the General is saying. As for the M4 rifles preferred by active duty soldiers, as has already been pointed out, that does not mean the Guard unit does not have rifles nor that the rifles they have are ineffective or inoperative. The M16 and M4 are essentially the same rifle but the M4 has a shorter stock, making it easier to employ inside a vehicle (that means you can shoot it from inside easier). Night vision equipment is another item that civilians do not understand...not every soldier NEEDS night vision equipment. Only those soldiers who are conducting operations AT NIGHT need them.

I would point out that the tactics currently being used by the Democrats are the same used by the Continental Congress prior to the decision to make the POTUS the CIC...I suspect the results will be the same....if you want to know how that all worked out, go read some history and just remember, the Founding Fathers decided that ONE Commander in Chief was far better than a Congress full of them.
    Bolding is mine. I was gonna rep the SgtMaj for beating me to the obvious point about Need to Have, Good to Have, and Nice to Have. But he beat me to it. Y'all pay attention now y'hear?
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Bolding is mine. I was gonna rep the SgtMaj for beating me to the obvious point about Need to Have, Good to Have, and Nice to Have. But he beat me to it. Y'all pay attention now y'hear?
    You'd think a veteran like Psycho would know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps. Then again who knows what has befalled him? He could be in need of help.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe, but I know I have been short changed by the PTB (Powers That Be) on more than one occassion due to their opinions that I didn't need the equipment and then had to do some serious improvisation and scrounging (stealing) to make up for the shortfalls of the management.

You would think that veterans like some of those posting here would have already brought that up. So much for experience I guess you might say? Correct?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Maybe, but I know I have been short changed by the PTB (Powers That Be) on more than one occassion due to their opinions that I didn't need the equipment and then had to do some serious improvisation and scrounging (stealing) to make up for the shortfalls of the management.

You would think that veterans like some of those posting here would have already brought that up. So much for experience I guess you might say? Correct?
    There is a realistic difference between need to have, good to have, and nice to have.

Need to have is absolutely mission essential. Without it, you physically cannot get the job done. Example would be food or ammunition.

Good to have is an enhancement of your ability to accomplish the mission. Meaning you can get it done, but the GTH stuff will make is easier. Example is a Mattock when the mission calls for fighting holes to be dug. An E-Tool will get it done, slowly, with blisters and a sore back, but it gets done.

Nice to have for the above mission would be a cratering charge..... NTH simply isn't needed and doesn't effect the final result of the mission.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He don't know better because he's a drive by wishIwas.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post

Yo would think that a certain veteran of every engagement the US has fought in from Chosin to Kuwait would be a little bit brighter than you.

If they issue it, you have to hump it. If I can't kill with it or eat it, YOU hump it. It slows me down.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    He don't know better because he's a drive by wishIwas.
    Judging by his list of "credits," he doesn't evenknwo what he wishes he was.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Notice, he hasnt explained at all why he cares about whether the National Guard has rifles when he clearly doesn't believe the National Guard is a legitimate branch of the military.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Notice, he hasnt explained at all why he cares about whether the National Guard has rifles when he clearly doesn't believe the National Guard is a legitimate branch of the military.
    Which is really strange since he was in it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The periods betwwen 1966 and 1972 are commonly referred to as the draft dodger years by many National Guardsmen and Reservists, csm. Certainly not all of them were draft dodgers. Those that refused to follow orders but were otherwise ignored and were released from duty with honorable discharges at first opportunity were certainly draft dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Which is really strange since he was in it!

My National Guard time was from 1983 to 1991. During this time I was involved in the Grenada Operation, Operation Just Cause in Panama and the straw that broke the old camel's back was Desert Storm and it's idiotic aftermath. I joined the active duty Air Force in 1968.

You got something else to say? Say it out loud!!!!!!