Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    What has that got to do with the price of kumquats in Uganda in Feburary, Dilloduck?

Gem
    It was sorta of a commentary on liberals--sarcastic style. You better become familiar with it unless you'd like to get back to some serious debate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    It was sorta of a commentary on liberals--sarcastic style. You better become familiar with it unless you'd like to get back to some serious debate.
    I'd love to get back to some "serious" debate, Dilloduck. Question is, would you be able to keep up with me?

Gem
    Patriotism is the last refuge...
    To which a scoundrel clings.
    Steal a little and they throw you in jail...
    Steal a lot and they make you King!

Hell is not where you may be going.
    Hell is where you choose to remain.

Dire Straits. & ...just to set me right!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually US liberals have been asking that same question concerning the hard-core Christian Conservatives for a long, long time.

Gem
    Mas
    The thing is we do what is right regardless. It's our lives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to get back to some "serious" debate, Dilloduck. Question is, would you be able to keep up with me?

Gem
    Sounds great--let's get back to the part where liberals politicians' motives are better for America.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, btw, Dilloduck, I am very familiar with that style of response. I'm plenty seasoned and well equiped to handle it. I can deal. I've already noticed that I can get under your skin- and the skins of a few others- a lot faster than you've been able to get under mine!
    Why is that, Dilloduck?

Gem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, btw, Dilloduck, I am very familiar with that style of response. I'm plenty seasoned and well equiped to handle it. I can deal. I've already noticed that I can get under your skin- and the skins of a few others- a lot faster than you've been able to get under mine!
    Why is that, Dilloduck?

Gem
    I think it's because you think too highly of your ability to assess the situation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Sounds great--let's get back to the part where liberals politicians' motives are better for America.
    Well, for one thing, most- virtually all as a matter of fact- of my liberal friends, including myself, supported Bush's invasion of Afghanistan after the Taliban refused to turn over bin Laden, as did most of the rest of the world after 9/11. And you need to know that I supported Bush's decision to do so even though I never voted for either Bush in any election. It was when Bush decided to invade Iraq that I broke with him, as did most of the rest of the world. US liberals recognize the fact that there is no sense in making a bad situation worse, as Bush&Co have done. We also recognize that most of the hatred coming from the Middle East was directed at US because of our long-standing support of the policies of the Zionist government of Israel when it has been obvious for decades that what the Israelis have been doing in regards to the Palestinians by not only occupying Palestine but stealing their land was patently wrong. I do not excuse the terrorists for their acts but I can understand their rage and despair, and desperate people often commit desperately outrageous acts. It becomes a vicious cycle of outrage followed by outrage from the other side. One of the stances that a lot of US liberals take is that if we want to be secure in our own nation then we need to break the chain by breaking with Israel until they can demonstrate that they are willing to remove themselves from the occupied zones of Palestine and return the stolen lands back to the original owners and/or their families. I believe that if we publicly announced our decision to do precisely that the Arab world be be stunned at first and would then start to lose their hatred of America. And once they started to realize that we were committted to that action al Qeada and the terrorists would start to lose their power base and recruitment possibilities. That, I believe, would be an excellent start. Unfortunately Bush's invasion of Iraq has only added to their hatred of America and made a bad situation immeasurably worse.

Gem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still think I think too highly of my abilities to assess the situation, Dilloduck?

Gem
    Last edited by Gem; 03-03-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, for one thing, most- virtually all as a matter of fact- of my liberal friends, including myself, supported Bush's invasion of Afghanistan after the Taliban refused to turn over bin Laden, as did most of the rest of the world after 9/11. And you need to know that I supported Bush's decision to do so even though I never voted for either Bush in any election. It was when Bush decided to invade Iraq that I broke with him, as did most of the rest of the world. US liberals recognize the fact that there is no sense in making a bad situation worse, as Bush&Co have done. We also recognize that most of the hatred coming from the Middle East was directed at US because of our long-standing support of the policies of the Zionist government of Israel when it has been obvious for decades that what the Israelis have been doing in regards to the Palestinians by not only occupying Palestine but stealing their land was patently wrong. I do not excuse the terrorists for their acts but I can understand their rage and despair, and desperate people often commit desperately outrageous acts. It becomes a vicious cycle of outrage followed by outrage from the other side. One of the stances that a lot of US liberals take is that if we want to be secure in our own nation then we need to break the chain by breaking with Israel until they can demonstrate that they are willing to remove themselves from the occupied zones of Palestine and return the stolen lands back to the original owners and/or their families. I believe that if we publicly announced our decision to do precisely that the Arab world be be stunned at first and would then start to lose their hatred of America. And once they started to realize that we were committted to that action al Qeada and the terrorists would start to lose their power base and recruitment possibilities. That, I believe, would be an excellent start. Unfortunately Bush's invasion of Iraq has only added to their hatred of America and made a bad situation immeasurably worse.

Gem
    It's possible-----It's also possible that the Israeli/Palestinian issue is a big smoke screen for Islamo-facist agression. Do you think that the way to deal with an international dispute is to blow the hell out a couple buildings in New York. Did Bin Laden not think that the US might have taken that as military attack and the response would be a military one as opposed to diplomatic? I mean what was this guy thinking ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still think I think too highly of my abilities to assess the situation, Dilloduck?

Gem
    Ya--I do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gem
    Holy shit!

I suppose you believe, we the United States deserved 9/11 also..

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Holy shit!

I suppose you believe, we the United States deserved 9/11 also..

I think you are now obligated to show where I've said that, Stephanie. Has it ever occured to you that if someone doesn't like you that you shouldn't go engaging in actions that might piss them off? It isn't that we deserved 9/11, Stephanie, but it is true that our past actions in regards to supporting the Israeli's, plus our placing a military installation 10 miles from Mecca- a direct show of disrespect to the religion of Islam- might have infuriated them enough to want to attack US?
    I might be wrong but I get the impression that you may be a biker gal. How would you like it if I went to your clubhouse and started setting my wares up on your bike to sell? Think maybe other people might feel the same way about their own property and personal space?

Gem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gem

First sign of a jew hater is using the word zionist to describe Israel.

Israel has been repeatedly attacked since its establishment. They have taken land which was important in their security while defending themselves from all the arabs in the region. back in the 90's clinton got things set up for Israel to give back 90% of the conquored territory and all the PA's had to do was recognize Israel's right to exist and stop the attacks on Israel. Arafat walked away from that agreement, because he wanted it all. The arabs don't want conquored lands back, they want ALL of Israel with ALL the jews dead. The koran itself orders all jews to be killed along with all infidels (that's you and me) that don't convert to islam.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might be wrong but I get the impression that you may be a biker gal. How would you like it if I went to your clubhouse and started setting my wares up on your bike to sell?

Gem

Wrong....

I guess that's what you get for thinking....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

Wrong....

I guess that's what you get for thinking....
    That's why I qualified my initial impression with the acknowledgement that I might be wrong. That's what happens when you really think, Stephanie.
    Let me re-phrase it another way:

If you were a biker gal and I did that how would you feel, and what would be your first desire as a response to my actions?

Gem