Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon den Adel View Post
    So you spoke to God?

I won't comment because I don't wish to insult you. Believe what you want, but I don't have to believe everything, only what seems more plausible to me. Many things I haven't seen, but I believe them because it sounds like it is true. The things that Jesus did sound too far fetched for me to even consider the fact that he may have done them. I just don't share your faith.
    Anyone can speak with God. It's very easy to do. Most people just dont bother doing it or they don't listen. I can't figure out why people can't believe that an omnipotent Father wouldnt speak with His children. Specifically, because they are unwilling to wait through the trial of faith. Its the instant grafication part of our natures.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sharon, if you don't believe anything in history happened then you can't even believe in your self and how you came to be. Because most of what you know about your early years are told to you. Perception is another factor. When you see something occur and someone else sees the same thing you both will perceive it differently. If you both write down what you saw there will be two different accounts, based on actual happenings, bias, and even wishful thinking. If you are then both put together with your accounts you will then influence each other and on rewriting the story it will be added too. Because you have both been influenced by the other.

You have two stories of the same event. The stories tell about who was involved and what happened. Those are the facts. The big question becomes why did it happen. That is the really big question. Is it simply a small event or does it relate to something of cosmic magnitude? Generations from now the facts will still be the same. Why, will remain unanswered except through speculation.

Now we throw in a third person who says it never happened at all. They didn't see it so it can't be true. Why?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The jews didn't kill Christ. Nor did the Romans.

Biblically speaking, SIN killed Christ starting with Adam & Eve in the garden.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Preponderance of evidence.
    there is no way to know for sure.......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    there is no way to know for sure.......
    ...if the sun will come up tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

...the sun will come up tomorrow.
    Wipe away the cobwebs and the sorrow...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...if the sun will come up tomorrow.
    there is no way to know that for sure either.....you really should take a philosophy class.....

also the sun, if it appears tommorrow, does not "come up"....the sun doesn't move.....

did you know you can not see the sun set.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    there is no way to know that for sure either.....you really should take a philosophy class.....

also the sun, if it appears tommorrow, does not "come up"....the sun doesn't move.....

did you know you can not see the sun set.....
    I have. That's why I'm an engineer.

But you've hit on my point, that you can never prove to anyone that Christ is God, because they simply keep raising the required level of proof beyond reasonable. Whenever I ask them what level of proof they require they answer "absolute", if they answer at all. If that was the level required for scientific theories, criminal or civil cases, then nothing could ever be proved.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Sharon, if you don't believe anything in history happened then you can't even believe in your self and how you came to be. Because most of what you know about your early years are told to you. Perception is another factor. When you see something occur and someone else sees the same thing you both will perceive it differently. If you both write down what you saw there will be two different accounts, based on actual happenings, bias, and even wishful thinking. If you are then both put together with your accounts you will then influence each other and on rewriting the story it will be added too. Because you have both been influenced by the other.

You have two stories of the same event. The stories tell about who was involved and what happened. Those are the facts. The big question becomes why did it happen. That is the really big question. Is it simply a small event or does it relate to something of cosmic magnitude? Generations from now the facts will still be the same. Why, will remain unanswered except through speculation.

Now we throw in a third person who says it never happened at all. They didn't see it so it can't be true. Why?

Yes, we have two stories of the same event. We have the religious story, and the scientific story. What we have to do is decide which one sounds more plausible, and I choose the scientific story, not because it sounds better, but because I don't believe that someone created the world.
    Only one of two things happened: Eithor there was indeed a Big Bang, or indeed God created everything, we just have to choose which one we believe. I can't believe in the religious therory just because religious people tell me it is true. I can't be sure, nor can I be sure that the scientific theory is true. Perhaps something else happened? Maybe there was on Big Bang, maybe no one made the world, maybe it was always there? I wasn't around back then, so I don't know, but I do just accept that we are here, and I am here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so, what really killed Christ? the jews? sin?
    I will give you an answer that makes perfect sense to me. In "The Lost Books of the Bible", there is a book entitled "Adam and Eve", wherein the Lord names Satan as the culprit who would be responsible for His physical death because Satan would stir up the rage in the hearts of the people which would result in his death on the cross. So there you have it - the answer right from the "horse's mouth", so to speak.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I will give you an answer that makes perfect sense to me. In "The Lost Books of the Bible", there is a book entitled "Adam and Eve", wherein the Lord names Satan as the culprit who would be responsible for His physical death because Satan would stir up the rage in the hearts of the people which would result in his death on the cross. So there you have it - the answer right from the "horse's mouth", so to speak.
    So Satan killed Jesus, despite the fact he wasn't even there?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He put the idea in their hearts, and they acted on it. Today we would call the Jews and Romans Satan's hit men.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Seems MFM here is bent on calling me a "christ killer" because my father is of jewish heritage. doesn't seem to matter to mfm that i'm christian and he knows, rather, it is my link to the jews that makes me a christ killer.

so, what really killed Christ? the jews? sin? if it was God's will that Christ die, how can anyone actually blame the jews? the statement alone shows complete ignorance of what "jew" means. Jesus was jewish. so we can see what a bigotted statement it is to say that "jews" killed Christ.

but we can thank our resident "preacher" for letting it be known that Yurt is a Christ killer.
    A spear to the liver.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    and satan equals sin, so there you have it
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Seems MFM here is bent on calling me a "christ killer" because my father is of jewish heritage. doesn't seem to matter to mfm that i'm christian and he knows, rather, it is my link to the jews that makes me a christ killer.

so, what really killed Christ? the jews? sin? if it was God's will that Christ die, how can anyone actually blame the jews? the statement alone shows complete ignorance of what "jew" means. Jesus was jewish. so we can see what a bigotted statement it is to say that "jews" killed Christ.

but we can thank our resident "preacher" for letting it be known that Yurt is a Christ killer.
    A little late to the chaos, but if I were to venture to guess, I would have to say He stopped breathing. That's a sure fire way to get yourself dead. As for Yurt killing Christ....

SINNER!
    Last edited by 82Marine89; 04-19-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell