Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Here ya go....

Looks like we're already taken out 3 to 4% of it. "By the end of 2007, approximately 105 million barrels of oil had been produced from the Bakken Formation."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

More liberal media bullshit - this time from ABC

ABC's Bianna Golodryga: High Gas Prices Equals No Church or Breakfast?
    By Scott Whitlock | April 22, 2008 - 11:29 ET

Tuesday's "Good Morning America" went into hyperbole meltdown over high gas prices. According to various anchors and reporters, Americans are foregoing church, prescription drugs and breakfast in order to cope. In a tease at the show's open, Co-host Diane Sawyer fretted, "As gas prices balloon, 12 cents in just one week, some Americans tell you how they skip breakfast and drugs just to drive." News anchor Chris Cuomo solemnly informed viewers of the "tough choice" many Americans face: "Food or fuel?"

Cuomo then introduced reporter Bianna Golodryga to explain "the sacrifices people are now making." Included in those sacrifices was one Juan Martinez who told Golodryga "Our church is approximately 35, 40 miles away. We've really cut down on the amount of times that we've come into service since the price has gone up." Now, as Golodryga admitted, this clip was actually from November of 2007, during a previous GMA segment about gas prices causing people to skip church and possibly cancel Christmas. So, ABC has resorted to recycling gas horror stories? Could that mean, perhaps, there's not enough of them to go around?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...rugs-breakfast

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    They are the ones who block all attemtps to explore, find, drill, and pump the oil. They block all attemopts to exapnd and build new refineries

If they had not blocked drilling in AWAR, the oil might be flowing form there right now
    As much to blame is the environmental lobby. Not to mention the eight Republicans, including John McCain, who crossed the aisle in '05 and voted against drilling in ANWAR. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for drilling ANWAR, even with the questions about how much is actually there. I think it can be done and done safely. I will say the same for drilling offshore. Though the offshore issue tends to lie more with the states than the feds.

As for new refineries, blame both the environmental groups and the oil companies themselves. The sad truth is, the cost of building a refinery to meet today's pollution standards is not conducive to profits, which we all know is the bottom line for these gargantuan corporations.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    As much to blame is the environmental lobby. Not to mention the eight Republicans, including John McCain, who crossed the aisle in '05 and voted against drilling in ANWAR. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for drilling ANWAR, even with the questions about how much is actually there. I think it can be done and done safely. I will say the same for drilling offshore. Though the offshore issue tends to lie more with the states than the feds.

As for new refineries, blame both the environmental groups and the oil companies themselves. The sad truth is, the cost of building a refinery to meet today's pollution standards is not conducive to profits, which we all know is the bottom line for these gargantuan corporations.
    You are correct - both libs and RINO's are to blame

As far as the refineries, yes oil companies have been hadcuffed with BS regulations. I know some belive US corporations are out to poision the war, the air, and kill people - then ask us to buy their product

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan