Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    you can think what you want about Kerry... when you denigrate the navy itself, I can take issue, and do.
    Thats funny how if someone denigrates you or Kerry, its an issue. Yet you have zero problems lambasting Bush or any of the many conservative vets (like myself).

Your acting as if no one in the uniform has ever disgraced the uniform. We all know there have been many who disgraced the uniform. There are troops that have broken laws and been dishonorably discharged, there are shitbags who have betrayed our country that have worn the uniform. Calling those asswipes out for what they are is in no way disrespectful the vast majority that served with integrity. In fact, not separating those individuals out would tarnish the military as a whole.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Thats funny how if someone denigrates you or Kerry, its an issue. Yet you have zero problems lambasting Bush or any of the many conservative vets (like myself).

Your acting as if no one in the uniform has ever disgraced the uniform. We all know there have been many who disgraced the uniform. There are troops that have broken laws and been dishonorably discharged, there are shitbags who have betrayed our country that have worn the uniform. Calling those asswipes out for what they are is in no way disrespectful the vast majority that served with integrity. In fact, not separating those individuals out would tarnish the military as a whole.

I have never denigrated your service.

I do not consider being awarded the silver star as "disgracing the uniform". I am sorry that you do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Neither kerry nor you represent the Navy. So no one is denigrating the Navy. We are denigrating you and kerry. You can take issue with it all you want. There's nothing you can do about it.
    when you suggest that the navy gives away silver stars to folks who don't deserve them, you are denigrating the navy. that's a fact. I realize that there is little I can do other than hold you in disdain for such an opinion and to devalue the rest of your opinions accordingly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not consider being awarded the silver star as "disgracing the uniform". I am sorry that you do.
    When did I ever say being awarded a silver star is "disgracing the uniform"?

Don't put words in my mouth you sack of shit.

The act of receiving any medal or award is not a disgrace.
    The way a person himself ACTS is a reflection on whether or not he is a "disgrace" to the uniform. What John Kerry did was an absolute disgrace, to the uniform, to the medals he got, and to this country. Its been documented, and its on film. No medal is going to erase that truth, no matter how much you'd like it to.

The way YOU act, with your lies and trash you spew, is a reflection of how much of a disgrace you are. You have absolutely no integrity.
    Last edited by theHawk; 05-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

when you suggest that the navy gives away silver stars to folks who don't deserve them, you are denigrating the navy. that's a fact. .....
    How do you justify Kerry's Silver Star when thousands of Marines, Soldiers and Sailors did similar acts on a daily basis?

Looking at Kerry's citation it appears we grunts were short-changed by Zumwalt and his staffers. If we went back into unit diarys and radio logs, perhaps we could now start issuing those long-deserved Silver Stars to all the Marines and Soldiers and Sailors who have successfully fought in an ambush!
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Craig/roberts1.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    How do you justify Kerry's Silver Star when thousands of Marines, Soldiers and Sailors did similar acts on a daily basis?

thousands of marines, soldiers, sailors and coasties were awarded the silver star for valor in Vietnam.

There were undoubtedly some who served and performed feats of great heroism that went unnoticed. That should not detract from those who were noticed.

What Kerry did was worthy of a silver star or the Navy wouldn't have given him one. period. To piss on Kerry's silver star because of what he did after he came back from Vietnam is, nonetheless, pissing on all the other silver star winners. that is a fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The way a person himself ACTS is a reflection on whether or not he is a "disgrace" to the uniform. What John Kerry did was an absolute disgrace, to the uniform, to the medals he got, and to this country. Its been documented, and its on film. No medal is going to erase that truth, no matter how much you'd like it to.

The way YOU act, with your lies and trash you spew, is a reflection of how much of a disgrace you are. You have absolutely no integrity.
    So is the way you are acting now the way of honor, maybe thats where I went wrong when I was in the military, I dident call people sacks of shit enough or spew out a bunch of swear words.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what Kerry did after he got back has ZERO to do with whether he deserved his silver star.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thousands of marines, soldiers, sailors and coasties were awarded the silver star for valor in Vietnam.

There were undoubtedly some who served and performed feats of great heroism that went unnoticed. That should not detract from those who were noticed.

What Kerry did was worthy of a silver star or the Navy wouldn't have given him one. period. To piss on Kerry's silver star because of what he did after he came back from Vietnam is, nonetheless, pissing on all the other silver star winners. that is a fact.
    So my question is what did Kerry do that was above and beyond what all of us Marine grunts did as an everyday course of business? Or our Army infantrymen for that matter?

Now let's write up this same action as it may have appeared in a charge sheet of "charges and specifications" for court martial if someone at the time decided to prosecute Kerry for endangering his boat and crew:

For haphazardly endangering a US Naval vessel and crew while in action while serving with Coastal Division ELEVEN. While engaged in armed conflict with Viet Cong insurgents in An Xuyen Provence, Republic of Vietnam on 28 February, 1969, Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY was serving as Officer in Charge of Patrol Craft Fast 94 and Officer in Tactical Command of a three boat mission. As the force approached the target area on the narrow Dong Chung River, all units came under intense automatic weapons and small arms fire from an entrenched enemy force less that fifty-feet away. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY, instead of following standard operating procedures by withdrawing from the area as quickly as possible, instead ordered his boat to attack as all units opened fire. Further, he beached his vessel directly in front of the enemy ambushers, endangering both his boat and his crew.

Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    So my question is what did Kerry do that was above and beyond what all of us Marine grunts did as an everyday course of business? Or our Army infantrymen for that matter?
    I didn't know you were a marine grunt yurt or were old enough to have served in Vietnam.

but regardless of that new information about your vietnam service, I answered your question already. Many heroic acts by "you Marine grunts" were deserving of awards.... that does not diminish the heroism of those who WERE recognized.

Do tell us about what all of you grunts did in Nam.... I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kerry is and was a political opportunist....he picked up medals like a child picks up seashells on a beach....
    That fact alone makes his record suspect.
    He had others take movies of him "in action" for our future viewing as he ran for President, how convenient...

How many true war heroes boast of their exploits...???

He didn't have one or two or 5 or 10 come out and speak against him, he had over a hundred--over a hundred of his shipmates question his 90 days of spectacular duty in collecting medals

His medals rewritten up for no particular reason we know of..and embellished alittle each time???
    Last edited by Silver; 05-12-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Kerry is and was a political opportunist....he picked up medals like a child picks up seashells on a beach....
    That fact alone makes his record suspect.
    He had others take movies of him "in action" for our future viewing as he ran for President....how convenient...

How many true war heroes boast of their exploits...???

He didn't have one or two or 5 or 10 come out and speak against him, ....he had over a hundred....over a hundred of his shipmates question his 90 days of spectacular duty in collecting medals.....
    he didn't have a "hundred shipmates" in Nam... His crew remans devoted to him.

if you claim that the navy gives away silver stars, you piss on every navy man who won one. period.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Kerry's Silver Star? John Kerry does not want to address the serious charges about his "hero" status because there are BIG holes in his embellished service record
    source

3 medals in 4 months???? ah come on. Audie Murphy and SGT York combined were not that good. its proof he went over for just 1 purpose. politics for the Kennedys. grab those medals then beat it back home. this had nothing at all to do with serving the country. its was serving kerry.
    and what about his discharge. we demaned it be made public. he refused. then realizing his tits in a ringer he goes to Klinton and gets him to change it. to what???? from what????

kerry's discharge

According to the secretary of the Navy's document, the "authority of reference" this board was using in considering Mr. Kerry's record was "Title 10, U.S. Code Section 1162 and 1163. "This section refers to the grounds for involuntary separation from the service. What was being reviewed, then, was Mr. Kerry's involuntary separation from the service. And it couldn't have been an honorable discharge, or there would have been no point in any review at all. The review was likely held to improve Mr. Kerry's status of discharge from a less than honorable discharge to an honorable discharge.
    Last edited by namvet; 05-12-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

if you claim that the navy gives away silver stars, you piss on every navy man who won one. period.
    The claim here is that Kerry used his political contacts to get one. The Navy is just like any other federal organization- heavily influenced by politics and political power brokers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion, its Kerry that denigrates those brave soldiers that actually earned their awards and HAVE THE SCARS and lost limbs and deformed bodies to prove it.....maybe his actions after he returned tainted my opinions some, that could be....he just seems like a phony from the start...and his actions do nothing to erase that impression....on the contrary, they seem to reinforce that image...