Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
The Moveon.org nuts and Daily Kooks will be pissed about this

But something tells me they will still fork over money to them and vote for them in November
Well this vote:"The Senate has passed a war supplemental funding bill, with no timelines or restrictions, by a vote of 70 (Y) to 26 (N)." is very big trouble for the Democrats, the buttholes that were hired in 06 were hired to end the war. (I think my link is wrong and the vote was actually 76 yea and 22 nays.)

Here is the problem, the House can't pass the pork+ along with the money for the war because the House Republicans won't play because the HOuse didn't let them play when they wrote the bill. That leaves the out of Iraq, black caucus and blue dogs to vote to fund the pork+ GI Bill and no strings war funding... they won't vote for it and the REpublicans will only vote present.

The cool thing is that the Senate is on record for no strings war funding at 76 22 record vote today. That means the prez can say the congress went on vacation on "Memorial Day" without funding the troops... The pork+ & GI bill will fall aside as the congress slowly returns from vacation Tuesday a week from now as stalemate continues and a funding bill will be sent to the prez that he requested a year ago. Democrats will look dumb in public once again.