Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    How is there suppost to be a debate when you post stuff like this:

Let me see..... was there an acceptance in there somewhere?

Looked like weaseling out to me.

And everything I posted in thoes threads is absolutly correct, you cant quit in the military so the only ways out before your ETS are what I suggested, you wouldent have to do that if they allowed you to quit, you have to do what you have to do.
    then to the evidence. Back up your claim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not worked for any directly but I consider indirectly the same thing, I work with people who are military as well (in civilian clothes) and I also have never had a problem I love my job. I agree canadians are pretty damn nice people, my project manager was canadian and he was always nice and I went to a buisness trip to toronto and they were all nice. Its the few bad apples (ie drill sgt types) that ruin it for everyone else, the military is probably pretty good about weeding thoes people out when it comes to dealing with high level gov scientists and engineers but people like pegwinn are always around to yell out some derogatory remark and they are rarely delt with satisfactoraly, if you want to run around calling GS-13s pouges they ought to bust you down to private and take some pay, and thoes are the drill sgt types.

My wife also worked with a general in the army corp and she was a civilian and she was the one who did all the work set up etc for enviornmental abaitment work and she was dressed up and getting ready to present and he told her to get him some coffee and when she refused he got all pissy so the project manager took over the discussion and it was a big melodramatic scenene because the general was a POS. The problem with the military is if you get stuck working under one of these POS's you dont have to much choise, I never said everyone in the military was like this but there are enough to make the military in general suck.

All sectors have their jackasses. In fact, the corporate world is much worse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .................

How is that a nice try, you admitted to use of a product that the military is not capable of making and then state its skewed logic. I agree its not a direct contract but you would not be doing squat without it, and your rebuttal does not minimize that fact as with any other civilian that makes things the military rely's on. So im here lets have a fun debate, but others must post debate worthy material otherwise its not a debate.
    Just because you pump gas at the local 7-11 doesn't mean your in the Oil Business.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

The point I made was taken out of context as it usually is, my point was not towards the population in general that the military serves it was pointed towards contractors that provide high tech weapons of war that enable the military to dominate on the battle field. My beef is with thoes military members that snub the contractor because they are just dead beat civilians (paraphrase of what pegwin called them, I forget the term he used for civilian contractors). The bottem line is the military could not do jack squat without the technology that the contractor brings you (planes, tanks, body armor, guns, you name it a contractor smarter than you conceptualized it, designed it and built it. Some of this military hardware is a feat of human ingenuity (stealth technology, nuclear weapons, guided missles, etc) all also brought to you by the degenerate bum civilian contractor. Military get pissy when people dont respect the military but its ok to for them to disrespect civilian contractors, I just thought it was time some of these over zealous military members be put in there place, and regardless of what is said in these forums if you ever served in a national labratory or with high tech contractors you were on your best behavior otherwise you got your a$$ reamed, you dont treat GS-13 scientists like E-1 privates not even an O-10 can get away with it unless he has a really good reason nor do you treat a boeing engineer like an E-1 private.
    GS-13s are STILL winey-assed, primadonna civilians and I treated them like shit if their behavior warranted it, and I damned-sure didn't get my ass reamed.

And I got news for you ... I don't need a DAMNED thing to wage a war except an enemy.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)

The really sad thing is, the military pretends to be hard but yet dueling is illegal per UCMJ, so if I wanted to take out my drill sgt I could get in trouble when all I am doing is naturally escalating what he initiated then there is silence. Just like if someone broke into my house to terrorize myself and my familiy they would be met with a PTR-91 and all would soon be quite once again.

Whatsamatter, Nancyboy .... a drill instructor bend your eyelash and and make your mascara run?

Punkass recruits like you were a dime a dozen.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not worked for any directly but I consider indirectly the same thing,
    um...*ahem*

directly (adverb) - 1)In a direct manner; in a straight line or course.

2)In a straightforward way; without anything intervening; not by secondary, but by direct means
    and

indirect (adj) -Not direct; roundabout; deceiving; setting a trap; confusing

wow..you are right..those are exactly the same. i was wrong all of this time! thank you for opening my eyes.

I work with people who are military as well (in civilian clothes) and I also have never had a problem I love my job.
    i thought you did it indirectly

I agree canadians are pretty damn nice people
    they do rock, i have some Canadian friends..
    the military is probably pretty good about weeding thoes people out when it comes to dealing with high level gov scientists and engineers but people like pegwinn are always around to yell out some derogatory remark and they are rarely delt with satisfactoraly, if you want to run around calling GS-13s pouges they ought to bust you down to private and take some pay, and thoes are the drill sgt types.
    where did he say that he did it to everyone? he did it to those that were already being shitty because they probably had your mind set Mr. I am so smart and you are a retarded soldier.

I never said everyone in the military was like this but there are enough to make the military in general suck
    yah...ok. Mr. Couldn't cut it ( wow! you have two 'Mr' titles! you must be special! like...like...an engineer or something!)
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You chickenshits sure like picking on the chickens, don't 'cha? I guess that's why you backed off of pickin' on me!!!!!!!!!! Chickenshits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!