Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
Obama apologizes to Muslim women barred from seats
Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:36pm EDT
CHICAGO (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama apologized on Thursday to two Muslim women who were barred from sitting behind the podium where Obama was speaking because they were wearing Islamic headscarves.
At a campaign rally in Detroit on Monday, Shimaa Abdelfadeel and Hebba Aref were prevented by volunteers from taking seats behind Obama that would have been in view of television cameras, apparently because of their headscarves.
"I reached out to Ms. Aref and Ms. Abdelfadeel this afternoon," Obama said in a statement. "I spoke with Ms. Abdelfadeel, and expressed my deepest apologies for the incident that occurred with volunteers at the event in Detroit."
Obama said the volunteers' actions were "unacceptable and in no way reflect any policy of my campaign."
"I take deepest offense to and will continue to fight against discrimination against people of any religious group or background," he said.

This is pretty funny.

If the Repubs have any sense they will positively BUS obvious Moslems of both sexes to Obama's rallies from now on and get them to insist on seating directly behind his podium.

In my opinion, his staffer that got them out of there had a lot more sense than all the apologies later! And that person who suggested "special seating" for them must be nuts.
don't forget a link

muslims demand an apology even though they won't accept it. sniff sniff.........what's burning?????