Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Obama's "change"

Top Obama Flip-Flops

1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.

2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."

5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022402094.html

change you can believe in, that being he will change his position on any issue in order to make himself look better to the current audience...i am sure many dems are sick of this guy now, especially after his iraq lie.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It seems Obama "changes" his message depending on who he is in front of at the time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    It seems Obama "changes" his message depending on who he is in front of at the time.

wow. and he is undoubtedly the first politician to EVER do that!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So he is the same old same old politician that opperates in a typical politician way. He is nothing new after all.

Makes articles like this meaningless.

Oooh, The New Politics
    By Mona Charen

I am so excited by Barack Obama's new politics. Like Chris Matthews, I got a thrill down my leg when the senator announced his candidacy promising a "new kind of politics." As I recall, he said, "Our leaders in Washington seem incapable of working together in a practical, commonsense way. Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions. And that's what we have to change first." Goosebumps!
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._politics.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So he is the same old same old politician that opperates in a typical politician way. He is nothing new after all.

Makes articles like this meaningless.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._politics.html

you don't make any room for shades of difference. The fact that he is not completely different in each and every respect does not mean that he is "the same old same old"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so because obama does bad things like many others else makes it ok...lame

you probably support lying too, afterall many people do it
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    so because obama does bad things like many others else makes it ok...lame

you probably support lying too, afterall many people do it
    I do not support lying, nor do I participate in it.

I do, however, support politicians who refine their positions as new information becomes available.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I do not support lying, nor do I participate in it.

I do, however, support politicians who refine their positions as new information becomes available.
    he made a bullshit promise that won him voters, he is now going back on that promise, yet you support him because other politicians do it...you're weak

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the January 22nd edition of "Meet the Press," Tim Russert and Obama had the following exchange:

Russert: "When we talked back in November of '04 after your election, I said, 'There's been enormous speculation about your political future. Will you serve your six-year term as United States senator from Illinois?'"

Obama: "I will serve out my full six-year term. You know, Tim, if you get asked enough, sooner or later you get weary and you start looking for new ways of saying things. But my thinking has not changed."

Russert: "So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?"

Obama: "I will not."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."
    pandering liar

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    he made a bullshit promise that won him voters, he is now going back on that promise, yet you support him because other politicians do it...you're weak
    I support him because he stands on my party's platform, which I endorse, and Jiohn McCain does not.

You are an obsessive fool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some "refining" that not all liberals are pleased about;

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama's recent rightward lurch on key issues is causing a revolt among left-wing bloggers and activists, who had been his earliest and most ardent supporters.

"Obama's not just moving to the center for the general election, he's practically denouncing and rejecting every progressive voice in the country," fumes Danner Kline, who blogs in Alabama for his Web site, 9Numbers.com.

Over the past several weeks, Obama has shifted from his liberal positions on gun rights, capital punishment and terrorist surveillance. And he walked away from his pledge to work within the confines of public campaign financing.

In addition, liberals lament, Obama took swipes this week at MoveOn.org and retired Gen. Wesley Clark for their fierce partisan attacks.

Just yesterday, Obama pledged support for expanding President Bush's church-based federal assistance program, which is opposed by so many on the left.

When he first attended an Obama event a year ago, Kline said he was "awed" by an inspirational speaker who wouldn't back down from his principles.

But then came Obama's rotations.

"I have been staunchly in support of Obama until the past few weeks," Kline told The Post.

While it's still hard for him to imagine voting against Obama in November, Kline is shelving his plans to volunteer for his campaign.

"The way I'm feeling now, that's not going to happen," Kline said.
    link

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some "refining" that not all liberals are pleased about;

link
    and if liberals are not all that pleased, do you honestly think it will change their perception of the importance of electing a democrat versus a republican in November?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can Obama win the election with only liberal voters? If there are liberals that are not pleased with Obama's acting like a typical politician, how will Obama's "New Politician", "Change" message resonate with nonliberal voters?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can Obama win the election with only liberal voters? If there are liberals that are not pleased with Obama's acting like a typical politician, how will Obama's "New Politician", "Change" message resonate with nonliberal voters?
    polls suggest that he is resonating quite nicely with the middle and with independents. Uber-Liberals may be less than enthusiastic with him, but they know that he is infinitely better than the alternative.