Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Required To Volunteer?

How typical of the left to require people to volunteer. The libs keep providing great material

Required To Volunteer? Obama Ticket Giveaway Causes Confusion
    Some Being Told They Must Volunteer To Get In
    Russell Haythorn, 7NEWS Reporter

POSTED: 6:16 pm MDT August 12, 2008
    UPDATED: 10:40 am MDT August 13, 2008

DENVER -- The Obama campaign has begun notifying people who got tickets for the big acceptance speech at Invesco Field the final night of the convention.

Many of those who received tickets told 7NEWS they have come with a caveat.

Those viewers said the campaign told them they must volunteer six hours for the campaign by Friday in order to get a ticket.

"I got a call that if I want the tickets I have to volunteer two shifts of three hours apiece -- for one ticket. If I want two tickets, then it's four shifts of two hours apiece," said Berenice Christensen.

Another 7NEWS viewer sent an e-mail that said, "I received a call Monday saying I could 'qualify' for the tickets if I do 12 hours of volunteer work for the Obama campaign between now and Friday the 15th."

The viewer e-mail goes on, "To work 40 hours at my job, get to and from work, get to and from the campaign office and complete the 12 hours in three days would be next to impossible."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/poli...12/detail.html

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RSR, you have to realize unlike you, democrats, liberals, and other good people realize work is important to a society.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

http://politicati.blogspot.com/2008/...fe-for-25.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    RSR, you have to realize unlike you, democrats, liberals, and other good people realize work is important to a society.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

http://politicati.blogspot.com/2008/...fe-for-25.html
    Well I think this is great. Libs love to run others peoples lives; and tell us how we MUST contribute for the common good; but now it is the libs in this article who are bitching about be FORCED to do the public service work

I find it funny as hell

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see a problem with this. They are giving out tickets to an event but requesting that those who receive the tickets volunteer some time. It's not forced labor. It is simply saying rather than buying the tickets, in order to receive tickets from us, we ask that you support our cause by volunteering some of your time.

There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

If the person who gets the tickets doesn't want to volunteer their time, they simply don't have to accept the tickets.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I don't see a problem with this. They are giving out tickets to an event but requesting that those who receive the tickets volunteer some time. It's not forced labor. It is simply saying rather than buying the tickets, in order to receive tickets from us, we ask that you support our cause by volunteering some of your time.

There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Immie
    I find it comical it is the libs who are pissed over this, when the left is constantly telling the rest of us how we should live our lives

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I find it comical it is the libs who are pissed over this, when the left is constantly telling the rest of us how we should live our lives
    My simple reply would be, "thank you for your support, we understand, but these tickets are not free. In lieu of cash we offered an alternative method of payment. We have many people who would like tickets and are volunteering today. I can make arrangements for you to volunteer or I can pass these tickets on to a fellow supporter."

I would do this without being nasty, but the fact is these tickets aren't being given away and it is not unreasonable for the DNC to request a recipient to volunteer for the tickets.

The whiners just need to get over it. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind being there to hear that speach.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The whiners just need to get over it. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind being there to hear that speach.

Immie
    Libs never stop whining

Why would you want to hear the speech. Suffering from insomnia?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Libs never stop whining

Why would you want to hear the speech. Suffering from insomnia?
    I think it would be interesting to see something like that. Never been to anything in that realm and I would find it interesting.

Unfortunately, my snickering and guffawing would probably get me thrown out or killed in the first three paragraphs.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think it would be interesting to see something like that. Never been to anything in that realm and I would find it interesting.

Unfortunately, my snickering and guffawing would probably get me thrown out or killed in the first three paragraphs.

Immie
    I will save you the trouble of watching him speak

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Oh I'd go and see him, even listen. It's historical whether he wins or loses.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Oh I'd go and see him, even listen. It's historical whether he wins or loses.
    PLEASE make sure you are near the First Aid station in case you faint

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

PLEASE make sure you are near the First Aid station in case you faint
    LOL! I doubt I'd be that overcome.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL! I doubt I'd be that overcome.
    Strange how women have stopped fainting all of a sudden. If I was there I would make sure to be near the First Aid station - so I could grab a barf bag

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Of course democrats, liberal and other so-called good people think work is important to society, otherwise you wouldn't have anyone to take money from to buy votes from those that don't work. Its difficult for your wealth redistribution plan to play out if people don't work also. So I can see your point.

I still think its funny how libs are always talking about helping the poor but conservatives give 30% more to charity than liberals.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Liberals view of the US taxpayer

Ronald Reagan