Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    Yes I do.... with great reluctance.
    Now...let me understand. While you'd NEVER counsel somebody encouraging them to abort their baby, you have no problem with others NOT in your counsel getting abortions? Here's why I don't believe you're a pastor/church leader, or if you are, it's impossible for you to be a good one:

You are not judgemental. A Good pastor MUST be judgemental - a good leader of ANY organization must take a stand. You waffle.

As an aside: what does that have to do with our conversation? If you wish to be treated with respect, treat others that way. There was no cause for you to insult me. If that is how you wish to converse, I'll just put you on ignore along with RSR and Yurt.
    It doesn't have to do with our conversation - that's why it's call an aside. I'm asking "Do you feel okay-enough with your claimed faith and what you say here, that you'd be okay with your church hearing your words, verbatim?" Surely you cannot think THAT is an insult.

You're sounding like a baby now, manfrommaine, E5, retired, and "pastor". Sounding a little like most Democrats - when faced with hard questions, you ignore the cause of your stress.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Now...let me understand. While you'd NEVER counsel somebody encouraging them to abort their baby, you have no problem with others NOT in your counsel getting abortions? Here's why I don't believe you're a pastor/church leader, or if you are, it's impossible for you to be a good one:

You are not judgemental. A Good pastor MUST be judgemental - a good leader of ANY organization must take a stand. You waffle.

It doesn't have to do with our conversation - that's why it's call an aside. I'm asking "Do you feel okay-enough with your claimed faith and what you say here, that you'd be okay with your church hearing your words, verbatim?" Surely you cannot think THAT is an insult.

You're sounding like a baby now, manfrommaine, E5, retired, and "pastor". Sounding a little like most Democrats - when faced with hard questions, you ignore the cause of your stress.
    where did I EVER say that I did not "have a problem" with people getting abortions? I do not waffle in the least. I am morally opposed to abortion. I do NOT, however, feel that embryos have souls and deserve protection under the law when such protection deprives women of THEIR rights.

And how would you feel if YOUR place of employment were to read all of your public postings and private messages here? I am a retired O5, by the way. and putting "pastor" in quotation marks is insulting, kinda like me saying that you claim to be a "man". Certainly a "man" like you would not like "his" "manhood" questioned, now would you?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

where did I EVER say that I did not "have a problem" with people getting abortions?
    When you said you support a woman's ability to get an abortion on demand.

I do not waffle in the least. I am morally opposed to abortion. I do NOT, however, feel that embryos have souls and deserve protection under the law when such protection deprives women of THEIR rights.
    Yet by your own admission you have no idea WHEN a cluster of cells becomes a living soul? Only GOD knows - yet without ANY biblical backing, you've decided it CANNOT be at the moment of conception? How do you reconcile the fact you may very well be SUPPORTING the killing of innocent souls? Where is a woman's RIGHT to have an abortion? Bill of rights? When has congress created a law giving an abortion as a RIGHT of it's populace? Women have a right to PRIVACY. That's what roe v. wade is about. You're trumping the right of the baby's LIFE (We have a right to life, liberty and pursuit...ring any bells?) with the CONVIENIENCE of a woman to kill her offspring WITHOUT visible repercussoins (We all know, don't we? When a woman kills her baby it DOES cause damage to HER...like Abbey says - one killed, two wounded.).

That's just sick - especially from one who CLAIMS Christianity, or a version thereof.

And how would you feel if YOUR place of employment were to read all of your public postings and private messages here? I am a retired O5, by the way. and putting "pastor" in quotation marks is insulting, kinda like me saying that you claim to be a "man". Certainly a "man" like you would not like "his" "manhood" questioned, now would you?
    As a retired E5, you should have a modicum of decision-making ability. Fine. You make decisions, but so many of them are horrible. Like your decision to call yourself a "pastor" while continuing to post such vile putrid FILTH here on this board. You can't live two lives forever.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    When you said you support a woman's ability to get an abortion on demand.

Yet by your own admission you have no idea WHEN a cluster of cells becomes a living soul? Only GOD knows - yet without ANY biblical backing, you've decided it CANNOT be at the moment of conception? How do you reconcile the fact you may very well be SUPPORTING the killing of innocent souls? Where is a woman's RIGHT to have an abortion? Bill of rights? When has congress created a law giving an abortion as a RIGHT of it's populace? Women have a right to PRIVACY. That's what roe v. wade is about. You're trumping the right of the baby's LIFE (We have a right to life, liberty and pursuit...ring any bells?) with the CONVIENIENCE of a woman to kill her offspring WITHOUT visible repercussoins (We all know, don't we? When a woman kills her baby it DOES cause damage to HER...like Abbey says - one killed, two wounded.).

That's just sick - especially from one who CLAIMS Christianity, or a version thereof.

As a retired E5, you should have a modicum of decision-making ability. Fine. You make decisions, but so many of them are horrible. Like your decision to call yourself a "pastor" while continuing to post such vile putrid FILTH here on this board. You can't live two lives forever.

we're all done.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

we're all done.
    Okay. You two have a nice time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan