Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default just for shits and grins.

read some of the responses..

marmar (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-07-08 09:04 PM
    Original message
    Are Democrats too intelligent to be elected president?
    Advertisements [?]Edited on Sun Sep-07-08 09:06 PM by marmar
    We've had two candidates - Al Gore and John Kerry - who were CLEARLY more intelligent than their Republican opponent, and they lost (yeah, they probably didn't really lose, but the races shouldn't have even been close.)
    And here again we have a close race with a Constitutional law scholar/thinker who clearly leaves his competitor in the intellectual dust,
    and he has to APOLOGIZE for suggesting that American students should broaden their horizons by learning a foreign language.
    Is this country by and large too intellectually lazy and soundbite-oriented to understand nuance and look at the complexity of issues? It just seems like a bravado-filled slogan, no matter how false or empty it is, trumps reason every time.

I blame the idiot box known as TV.

comments there..
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3945145
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have never been able to figure out how Gore and Kerry were smarter than Bush when he did alot better in school than both of them.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I have never been able to figure out how Gore and Kerry were smarter than Bush when he did alot better in school than both of them.
    Because he doesn't speak in public well some have a belief he is unintelligent. Much like some people believe dyslexics to be unintelligent because of spelling errors.

I wouldn't put too much credibility into reports of his "stupidity", he has done better than all but 42 other people have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Appearances, man, appearance. President Bush just doesn't look as smart or as "elite" as either Gore or Kerry and appearance is everything. President Bush is just to "down to Earth" to be smart. I mean he wears blue jeans for crying out loud!!!

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I always thought Gore's bumbling manner was the only thing keeping him from sounding completely robotic. How on earth he seems more intelligent to anyone than Bush is unbelievable. I guess a non-Southern accent is the ultimate intelligence indicator to some weenies.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i heard gore couldn't even finish lawschool, made it through 1L and ran like the wind
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

America is all about sales and Bush was sold well, even with that he lost to Gore. His 2004 win was one created again by the sale of fear.

McCain entered Annapolis through affirmative white rich man connections. A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote for the privileged class.