Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Yes.
    My Lord. I have no reply to that.

and this time you left of the other half of the post, i.e. "So what would be so wrong with just turing on the room lights first? if your daughter screams rape then blow the guy away, but if its clear that she knows him would you still shoot him?"
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    So what would be so wrong with just turing on the room lights first? if your daughter screams rape then blow the guy away, but if its clear that she knows him would you still shoot him?
    Doing that could get both you and your daughter killed. If he was a rapist, he would most likely be armed and your daughter dead before the light hit the far wall and you might just be next.

I wouldn't want to give him the time to react.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

and this guy ran into a room wildly swinging a pipe, if they guy had a gun or a knife she'd have been stabed or shoot anyways,

...and how would you intend on shooting the guy if he was in bed with your daughter? firstly its in the dark, secondly they're litterally inchs apart, much too risky.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Lord. I have no reply to that.

and this time you left of the other half of the post, i.e. "So what would be so wrong with just turing on the room lights first? if your daughter screams rape then blow the guy away, but if its clear that she knows him would you still shoot him?"
    OK, again, the assumption is that someone in my house, without my knowledge, in my daughter's room, is doing something bad to her. And yes, she is aware that this is my working assumption, so if she brought a boy home (which she wouldn't do anyaway - she's too smart to do something that stupid) she would know that I would be gunning for him.

What would be wrong with turning the lights on? Well, if I had time, I'm sure I would. But again, the assumption being that something bad is happening to my daughter, if I was able to see with the available light (i.e. moonlight through windows, the hall light behind me), I wouldn't need to turn on the lights.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    Doing that could get both you and your daughter killed. If he was a rapist, he would most likely be armed and your daughter dead before the light hit the far wall and you might just be next.

I wouldn't want to give him the time to react.

Immie
    70% of rapes are committed by/to people who already know each other.

29% of rapes are committed while holding a weapon, the other 70% are not armed at all.

But in the long run... it was dark. There was a naked, strange man in his daughter's room. He didn't recognize the man.

Anyone who would not have INSTANTLY reacted in a violent matter has a problem. If the daughter is young enough to still live with you, and there's a strange naked man in her room, he doesn't belong there. Even if she knew him, and you did not, he's naked in her room while she lives with you, and she didn't ask permission to have a guy over? He gets what he deserves.

Slaying the kid? Might be too much, he might have been invited in. Injury, wounding? Sure, why not. He won't be creeping in to any other father's daughter's rooms any time soon.

If I woke up and heard noises coming from the girls room, my first response would be to grab my baseball bat. My second would be to burst in and strike anyone I didn't recognize... especially if he was naked. And if he's naked and I DO recognize him, why would my reaction change any?
    Last edited by CatalystOfChaos; 09-12-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add
    A little chaos never hurt anyone... in fact, it only helps rectify how you feel about things!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CatalystOfChaos View Post

Anyone who would not have INSTANTLY reacted in a violent matter has a problem. If the daughter is young enough to still live with you, and there's a strange naked man in her room, he doesn't belong there. Even if she knew him, and you did not, he's naked in her room while she lives with you, and she didn't ask permission to have a guy over? He gets what he deserves.
    Then i have a problem, also looking at the story both the guy and girl were 15. Again you are on the 'he gets what he diserves' camp, ever thought there may be a reason why sje did not tell her dad that she's going out with a guy when she's been seeing him for over a year and a half?

Slaying the kid? Might be too much, he might have been invited in. Injury, wounding? Sure, why not. He won't be creeping in to any other father's daughter's rooms any time soon.
    Might be too much?!?!? you're talking about ending someones life here.

If I woke up and heard noises coming from the girls room, my first response would be to grab my baseball bat. My second would be to burst in and strike anyone I didn't recognize... especially if he was naked.
    and i shall put it to you, what if the only person you were not to recognize was a girl? would they still meet your baseball bat?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was he invited or not?

To me this is very important. If he was invited I would make sure he understood that I do the inviting at my house.

All of this can be done at gunpoint to assure the safety of all concerned. If I would have heard noises that aroused my concern I would have entered with a gun.....not a pipe!

If I determined that he was an uninvited entity........Well.........I would have terminated his worthless existance!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then i have a problem, also looking at the story both the guy and girl were 15. Again you are on the 'he gets what he diserves' camp, ever thought there may be a reason why sje did not tell her dad that she's going out with a guy when she's been seeing him for over a year and a half?

Might be too much?!?!? you're talking about ending someones life here.

and i shall put it to you, what if the only person you were not to recognize was a girl? would they still meet your baseball bat?
    1.) If she still lives with me, its my rules. I did not invite the person in. I don't care if she was dating him since she was in kindergarten. In my house, permission to be invited in is granted by either me or my girlfriend. The girls do not invite people in without permission. If she did invite someone in, they still don't have permission.

Personally, I'm not the kind of guy that would prevent the girls from telling me about someone they were dating. If one of the girls wants to date someone, they can talk to me about it. Approval/disapproval would be based upon the guy, the maturity of the girl, all kinds of factors. I would still hold firm to the fact that they should NOT be naked in my house, especially if I didn't give permission to even be there. He is an intruder because I, ME, did not give permission for him to be in the house. As long as its my house, that's the way it goes. The daughters do not have the power to permit anyone in the house.

2.) If I entered a room, and it appeared that someone could be harming one of the girls, that was the chance they took and the hazard they got themselves into. I would not seek or aim to kill. But if it happened, they should NOT have been in my home, naked, or in the girls room WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT. All that had to happen for him not to be in danger was to ask if it was permissible to be there.

3.) Not only men can harm the girls. So yes. If there was a naked woman I didn't recognize or give permission to in the girls room, she'd be in just as much trouble. Man, woman, hermie, tranny, I don't care. I didn't give permission to this person to be in my house. End of story.
    A little chaos never hurt anyone... in fact, it only helps rectify how you feel about things!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    Was he invited or not?
    !
    If I didn't recognize his face, he was not invited.

The girls have no invite powers in my house. Only myself or my girlfriend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been there, done that, but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been beaten, i just find it horrid how many of ya's agree with this guy.
    If anyone touched my child I would have no problem inflicting physical harm. No problem what-so-ever. Wanting to protect you family is a failrly commmon instinct. Good thing it wasn't a family of bears - he'd have several new assholes instead of a lump on his head..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

right, i'm just giving up one this on, i find the worst bit being that 2 grown men have stated they would happily hit or shoot a teenage girl if the found them in their son or daughters room and they didn't know them, uterly amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

right, i'm just giving up one this on, i find the worst bit being that 2 grown men have stated they would happily hit or shoot a teenage girl if the found them in their son or daughters room and they didn't know them, uterly amazing.
    Good idea. Talk to us when someone breaks into your house, while you're home. Doesn't leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No one said anything about hitting a teenage girl Noir! If I found a teenage girl in my son's room who was uninvited I would do what every red blooded American would do. I would close the door, allow her to dress herself and then re-enter!

Now if she was raping my son........well.......I'd wait until she was done before opening the door!

Hence.....Women don't commit rape. I have never known of a case where a man has been raped against his will, at gun point, physically over powered or anything of the such. There would not be a reason to assault a girl which is where you were undoubtedly trying to twist this thing to go. Won't happen bub! Just won't happen.

Even our pitiful court system in America recognizes that boys and girls are different. Take the teacher on students cases of the last few years. The women who commited statutory rape on male students. They were basically slapped on the wrist. It wasn't until public outrage by a bunch of crybabies that one even received a sentence of two years. Most were scot free and with probation. Had it been men, they were certain to go to prison. The different standard goes right along with the kid in kids bedroom thing. A boy gets his ass kicked.......a girl....unt-uh!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're forgetting the naked part. A fully clothed, seated, quiet teenager might get a second's hesitation. A naked, in the dark, making noises enough for me to hear and wake me up? Different story. My eyes would sum up the situation in about 2 seconds. Age, size, posture, sex, hostility, everything would decide my course of action.

And there's the intruder part.

And I didn't say I'd be happy to do it. It'd be a painful necessity.
    Last edited by CatalystOfChaos; 09-12-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't even find a case of a woman in a federal prison in America for the actual charge of "child molestation".