Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As long as everyone is having a good time, that's the great thing..........

That's what I often think when studying World War I trench warfare, too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    And I ours.

As for MFM, well, I enjoy the conversations he and I have as well. I also realize this is an internet forum and the rules are different than face to face discussions of issues. There need not be insults thrown about but there are by both sides.

Is it fair to say that MFM started them? Can anyone really point a finger at the first post and say... "that started it all"? Maybe it is time for one side or the other (and it seems that MFM has made an effort) to just lay off and actually discuss the issues.

I must say when it comes to discussing issues with him, I don't see you actually trying to have a discussion beyond... "you're and arrogant, condescending liar".

Immie
    Immie: you and I go way back. I have always been respectful of you and you of me. I do not have a history of lies...I don't tell lies. I have been known to insult folks like RSR before, but primarily because of their inability to speak for themselves in anything other than canned Limbaugh talking points. I don't have a double standard except that I chose not to publicly reprimand people on my own team, preferring to deal with them in PM's. I probably DO come across as arrogant from time to time, and, I must admit, it probably sounds condescending as well - but it is hard to drop into my Captain Kangaroo mindset and attempt to get down to the childish level that folks like RSR come from without sounding condescending from time to time. You are absolutely right... he does not debate me at all anymore and really does nothing other than insult me... which is why I have him on ignore. THe only time I read his posts is when people like you quote them in yours. Long before you started coming here, Immie, I begged RSR to just debate me on issues - his words against my words - but he is incapable of doing so. We even go back to USMB where I made the same requests. If I wanted to debate Rush Limbaugh, I'd call his 800 number. I used to honestly think that I would enjoy debating RSR, but that cannot happen because of his inability to debate - all the while patting himself on the back for being such a great debater!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    Immie: you and I go way back. I have always been respectful of you and you of me. I do not have a history of lies...I don't tell lies. I have been known to insult folks like RSR before, but primarily because of their inability to speak for themselves in anything other than canned Limbaugh talking points. I don't have a double standard except that I chose not to publicly reprimand people on my own team, preferring to deal with them in PM's. I probably DO come across as arrogant from time to time, and, I must admit, it probably sounds condescending as well - but it is hard to drop into my Captain Kangaroo mindset and attempt to get down to the childish level that folks like RSR come from without sounding condescending from time to time. You are absolutely right... he does not debate me at all anymore and really does nothing other than insult me... which is why I have him on ignore. THe only time I read his posts is when people like you quote them in yours. Long before you started coming here, Immie, I begged RSR to just debate me on issues - his words against my words - but he is incapable of doing so. We even go back to USMB where I made the same requests. If I wanted to debate Rush Limbaugh, I'd call his 800 number. I used to honestly think that I would enjoy debating RSR, but that cannot happen because of his inability to debate - all the while patting himself on the back for being such a great debater!
    MFM you only want people to answer your questions, never post facts that back up their claims, and when you are unable to counter the facts you go back to your usual attack mode

Yet, you are the one who constantly demands links - yet you call them cut and paste. Go figure

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

obama made some good points, but pointed to few solutions.

mccain made a lot of good points, and offered solutions

my scorecard

mccain 60

obama 40

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    You need not justify yourself to me.

I have never intentionally called you a liar although there have been times you thought I was. We converse over the internet. I must say, that I don't expect anyone here to be whom they claim to be in real life and if they are not who they say they are, I would not consider that a lie. The fact is that there are too many crazy people reading these forums to give away who you are in real life.

As for the positions you take, those are your points of view. Whether they are correct or not, is irrelevant. Stating your position even when it is wrong, is not lying. It's just being wrong and I will say you've been wrong quite a bit. I disagree with the "you are a liar" stance that people take on threads. I doubt anyone is intentionally lying.

I've argued sides that I did not agree with just to debate a topic and been caught in circular arguments that didn't make sense. For me that is a difficult thing to do, but I have never intentionally lied on these forums unless you consider signing "Immie" rather than using my real name to be a lie. I'll also admit that I have been wrong a time or two but being wrong is not lying.

I typically do not look at someone's posts in a debate and assume that they are lying just because they make a statement that is wrong (even completely wrong) or doesn't make sense. If you say something that seems to be completely wrong (even something that many would call a lie) I typically look at it as if you have mistaken information rather than that you are intentionally being dishonest and I afford that same courtesy to everyone that posts here whether conservative or liberal. I wish everyone would do the same.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    MFM you only want people to answer your questions, never post facts that back up their claims, {editted out the overexaggeration}

Yet, you are the one who constantly demands links - yet you call them cut and paste. Go figure
    RSR, that seems to be a flaw that most liberals have. You can't blame him for that.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dangerous + Nieve = Bamo Whamo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    RSR, that seems to be a flaw that most liberals have. You can't blame him for that.

Immie
    Sure I can. He demands links when it fits his position - then when you do he whines how you can't debate with your own words

He is like a small child having a temper tanturm. Everyone is against him, and he is the "victim"

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

obama is like wham (the band), full of crap and sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Sure I can. He demands links when it fits his position - then when you do he whines how you can't debate with your own words

He is like a small child having a temper tanturm. Everyone is against him, and he is the "victim"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow!!!!!!! I never imagined the participation would be this good or diversified!!!!!!!! So much to say and no time to say it!!!!!!!!! I just can't let it interfere with my Busch time!!!!!!!!!!!