Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    The $700 billion (I think) was the max. A portion would be cut now, then if more was needed, it would be released at a later date

I am opposed to the bailout Yurt. the market will always correct itself. I am pointing out how the Dems are lying, and trying to pass the buck on their failure to pass it
    i understand that, the dems played politics with this and lost...unfortunately they are good liars and have convinced the public that the repubs are bad, hence why people like mfm are jumping for joy that this financial crisis has caused dem numbers to jump up...sad really

i think you and pmp have said it was not bush's proposal, rather the dems, and i thought that this started from bush and he gave it to congress to work it up, e.g., the president does not author bills, however, did he not recommend this plan or did he merely approve of it?
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i understand that, the dems played politics with this and lost...unfortunately they are good liars and have convinced the public that the repubs are bad, hence why people like mfm are jumping for joy that this financial crisis has caused dem numbers to jump up...sad really

i think you and pmp have said it was not bush's proposal, rather the dems, and i thought that this started from bush and he gave it to congress to work it up, e.g., the president does not author bills, however, did he not recommend this plan or did he merely approve of it?

liar. I jump for joy at the squirming of the republicans. I have NEVER jumped for joy at the financial hardships of ordinary americans.

Bush sent Paulson to the hill to introduce this plan and to negotiate this plan...and the sitting president - and the republican presidential nominee who suspended his campaign to get this bill passed - could not convince more than one third of house republicans to vote for it.... now THAT'S what I call LEADERSHIP!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    liar. I jump for joy at the squirming of the republicans. I have NEVER jumped for joy at the financial hardships of ordinary americans.

Bush sent Paulson to the hill to introduce this plan and to negotiate this plan..
    .and the sitting president - and the republican presidential nominee who suspended his campaign to get this bill passed - could not convince more than one third of house republicans to vote for it.... now THAT'S what I call LEADERSHIP!
    Up to the bolded part you were correct, after that, not so much so. It really was a Bush/Democrat plan. Seems the Dems chose to reject it, may it ever be so, as they do have the votes to pass it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Up to the bolded part you were correct, after that, not so much so.
    Areyou suggesting that Paulson did NOT go to the hill to sell this bailout? Who do you think WROTE the initial three page bill????? And are you suggesting that Bush and McCain did NOT try to bring the house republicans over to support this ADMINISTRATION bill? And are you suggesting that they were NOT able to only bring one third of the house republicans over? What part of that is NOT SO MUCH SO correct???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bush sent Paulson to the hill to introduce this plan and to negotiate this plan...and the sitting president - and the republican presidential nominee who suspended his campaign to get this bill passed - could not convince more than one third of house republicans to vote for it.... now THAT'S what I call LEADERSHIP!
    kindly bring the rhetoric up notch and stop insulting my integrity. you want to not be called a liar, then stop calling others liars and stop being deceptive, real simple.

if you can't debate without insults, don't bother replying to me.

fact: you jumped for joy that this situation has caused hardships for republicans, you expressly said it was good or made you glad...
    Last edited by Yurt; 09-30-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kindly bring the rhetoric up notch and stop insulting my integrity. you want to not be called a liar, then stop calling others liars and stop being deceptive, real simple.

if you can't debate without insults, don't bother replying to me.
    you are the one who has called me a liar here... I have not lied. Grow up, you whiny little boy. really.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you are the one who has called me a liar here... I have not lied. Grow up, you whiny little boy. really.
    you are pathetic, you called me a liar first yesterday...i said you lied about that....get over yourself drunk ol' man....are you really going to act like you did not start this by calling me a liar yesterday? you need depends because you're so full of shattle

and you admitted you were deceptive in phone banking....no surprise that dishonestly is your trade mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you are pathetic, you called me a liar first yesterday...i said you lied about that....get over yourself drunk ol' man....are you really going to act like you did not start this by calling me a liar yesterday? you need depends because you're so full of shattle

and you admitted you were deceptive in phone banking....no surprise that dishonestly is your trade mark
    deceptive? I admitted that I called a congressman more than once. just like, no doubt, lots of folks did yesterday.

I have NEVER called you a liar when it was not justified....you, on the other hand, cannot make that same claim.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

deceptive? I admitted that I called a congressman more than once. just like, no doubt, lots of folks did yesterday.

I have NEVER called you a liar when it was not justified....you, on the other hand, cannot make that same claim.

are you claiming you were not deceptive, giving false witness, in your spamming with the phone banks....go see the latest

everytime...you can't produce one lie from me, where as i have solid proof you were deceptive and are now covering your tracks...that is why you ignored that post 4 times....and see my latest, you have been pwnd....

you said you were glad this situation has or will cause harm to the republicans, fact....that is you jumping for joy that this situation caused harm to people in this country....period. then again, you can say i hate obama all day, but that is truth and my opinion that are jumping for joy is a lie...ho hum, typical hypocrite deceptive person....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you said you were glad this situation has or will cause harm to the republicans, fact....that is you jumping for joy that this situation caused harm to people in this country....period. then again, you can say i hate obama all day, but that is truth and my opinion that are jumping for joy is a lie...ho hum, typical hypocrite deceptive person....
    I am glad to see republicans squirming. I am NOT jumping for joy at the economy misery of the American people. YOu continue to antagonistically and willfully misrepresent my statement. that is a lie on your part. be a big boy and just admit it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am glad to see republicans squirming. I am NOT jumping for joy at the economy misery of the American people. YOu continue to antagonistically and willfully misrepresent my statement. that is a lie on your part. be a big boy and just admit it.
    Liar. You have expressed your joy over the Dow drop, and people suffering. Why not be a "man" and stand by what you post

What a sniffling coward you are

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What makes me say this current bill is not Pres Bush's proposal is that when it first went to Congress it was about 3 pages long

I heard on the radio this morning it is now about 130 pages long. The host said that number depends on if the bill is typed single or double spaced

As in the past, Pres bsuh will try to work with Dems to pass something - eventhough he will be attacked and smeared by those same people he is trying to work with
    Last edited by red states rule; 10-01-2008 at 08:34 AM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    What makes me say this current bill is not Pres Bush's proposal is that when it first went to Congress it was about 3 pages long

I heard on the radio this morning it is now about 130 pages long. The host said that number depends on if the bill is typed single or double spaced

As in the past, Pres bsuh will try to work with Dems to pass something - eventhough he will be attacked and smeared by those same people he is trying to work with
    fair enough, but i have a problem with bush first suggesting this bill....700 BILLION...i questioned this bill from the beginning and as time progressed it became more clear that this bill is wrong...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sure, as soon as you admit you lied and misrepresent my words about hating obama you ninny

you were GLAD for the misery of the republicans, period

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

fair enough, but i have a problem with bush first suggesting this bill....700 BILLION...i questioned this bill from the beginning and as time progressed it became more clear that this bill is wrong...
    On that we agree. Government has no business trying to fix the problem they created

Ronald Reagan