Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Only the close-minded hicks and idiots refuse to consider opposite points of view.
    Oh the irony....
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Before you step in it any further, you do realize you are a person with no military experience arguing with two retired Marines over what constitutes supporting troops. We "are" the troops you presume to speak for.
    While you claim to speak for all the troops. Sorry your opinion is not the same as thousands of other people in uniform. That many people will not have the exact same opinion and see the exact same things as support.
    Let's be honest here. This is about you presuming to think for the troops to support your political agenda and not really giving a damn about them or what they think
    No this is about me having my own opinion regadless of the popular opinions of others even some of those other people who happen to bre in uniform.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Oh the irony....
    My first thought.

Only the close-minded hicks and idiots refuse to consider opposite points of view, so they protest and demostrate instead.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    My first thought.

Only the close-minded hicks and idiots refuse to consider opposite points of view, so they protest and demostrate instead.
    Hey- I'm a closed minded hick, and I rarely demonstrate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Hey- I'm a closed minded hick, and I rarely demonstrate.
    I was quoting gabby with some adjustments in her statement.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I was quoting gabby with some adjustments in her statement.
    I figger'd it was in jest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It's too bad that none of you support the troops. You are all anti-American!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    While you claim to speak for all the troops. Sorry your opinion is not the same as thousands of other people in uniform. That many people will not have the exact same opinion and see the exact same things as support.

No this is about me having my own opinion regadless of the popular opinions of others even some of those other people who happen to bre in uniform.
    Believe it or not we support your right to have an opinion. Let me see if I can boil it down to the very bottom line. You are on patrol and a wannabe martyr pops up and is ready to whack your young ass. You have the option of shoot or no shoot. You can discuss the rules of engagement and whether or not it is ethical to kill a fellow human being until the cows get turned into happy meals. But there will come a time in your young life when you will have to get to the black/white, yes/no, or shoot/no shoot.

For now, you can argue that it is relative. You are young enough that your political view is still forming and is not tempered by living in the real world. But the question is still, Do you support the troops?

The masses always draw attention. Protests and demonstrations are a part of the American fabric. Only the close-minded hicks and idiots refuse to consider opposite points of view.
    Gabby, married life must've softened your brains. I have actually had an intelligent conversation with you on another board. Your views would be given more weight if you lose the prejudicial views. Protesters who have tried to work within the framework and gotten nowhere get my respect and a fair hearing. Protesters who burn the flag and effigies of Soldiers get an ass whipping. See Stephanies thread.

It's too bad that none of you support the troops. You are all anti-American!
    Really? I can cheerfully provide receipts of about six grand in ongoing contributions to the USO. My son in law can vouch for the boxes (plural) of books and health and comfort items sent not just to him, but to his unit. Hell I even sent really good coffee to the Officers/SNCO's. And BTW I think the current execution of the war is a big mistake. So, am I not supporting the troops or am I antiamerican? No, I didn't send Cindy Sheehan any care packages.

So, my very young newlywed, What have you done?
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But the question is still, Do you support the troops?
    and I said there is no set in stone standard of what is or isn't supporting the troops. Supporting the troops is just a one liner people use without much meaning unless what support the troops is can be defined to a single definition.

I already gave you my paragraph on post 31.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Just fact that you tend to "support" people ya know more over strangers.
    Only if you're immature. Mature people tend to support principles and values and have integrity and apply their support to those ideas above and beyond the qualifier of "who I know and like".
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

They just enjoy seeing people getting killed.

Only if they are libs like yourself.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The masses always draw attention. Protests and demonstrations are a part of the American fabric. Only the close-minded hicks and idiots refuse to consider opposite points of view.
    There's a difference between considering opposite points of view, and listening to whacked-out extremists.

For instance, you have done nothing since joining this board but troll and post inflammatory, extremist crap. You have not once that I have seen engaged in any form of intelelctual debate.

If you want to try and put opposing points of view at the intellectual level, you first must step up to the level of debate you are proposing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There's a difference between considering opposite points of view, and listening to whacked-out extremists.

For instance, you have done nothing since joining this board but troll and post inflammatory, extremist crap. You have not once that I have seen engaged in any form of intelelctual debate.

If you want to try and put opposing points of view at the intellectual level, you first must step up to the level of debate you are proposing.
    she's a jihadist, what do expect from an idiot like that. And your very correct, she has NEVER discussed or debated anything on this board. Just makes stupid comments attacks people.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I would venture to say that having grown up in the military, then spending 20+ years in the military myself would give me a FAR better insight on what troops think and feel than someone who isn't even old enough yet to be one.

No each and every person does not think alike. Some place more emphasis on one thing than the other.

The fact is, generally speaking, I am right and know what I am talking about based on experience and observation while you are completely and utterly clueless on the topic and are posting nothing but left-wing talking points.

And no, it isn't about you having an informed opinion. It's about you being so full of yourself with what you think you know you don't hear a damned thing. And when you refuse to listen, you can't learn.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

and I said there is no set in stone standard of what is or isn't supporting the troops. Supporting the troops is just a one liner people use without much meaning unless what support the troops is can be defined to a single definition.

I already gave you my paragraph on post 31.
    Your argument is