Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Good god.. How hard are you staring at the screen? *I* can't even see them, and I made the damned doll.
    :bow3:

Great reply

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    to have a recession don't you actually have to have had a good economy at some point?
    Yes. So, any time I look for a job, it's during THE recession. Duh.
    'There's nothing gay about hell' - Patty Leotardo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    What an asshole!!

Im just kidding. I understand your point of view. Sometimes people make mad decisions and cant seem to get out of them. I really think if you get welfare or food stamps you should be made to see a counselor once a month or so. Maybe attend a class to teach them just basic ideas...like NOT shopping at a convenience store!

But if you fuck up bigtime and get your nation embroiled in a war that can not be won, soldiers keep getting offed, we are sorta forced by circumstances to keep killing the very folks we claim to be liberating.....

well that is diffrunt, we had noble intensions....

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Get over yourselves. 95% of the people in the world are poor. And almost half of the reason that they are has nothing to do with choice. It has to do with greed.

For every person who inherits generational wealth, 20 or 40 inherit generational poverty.

25,000 kids die of starvation each day.

Almost half the world lives on an income of $2/day.

Eat the rich. or stfu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
    But if you fuck up bigtime and get your nation embroiled in a war that can not be won, soldiers keep getting offed, we are sorta forced by circumstances to keep killing the very folks we claim to be liberating.....

well that is diffrunt, we had noble intensions....

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Get over yourselves. 95% of the people in the world are poor. And almost half of the reason that they are has nothing to do with choice. It has to do with greed.

For every person who inherits generational wealth, 20 or 40 inherit generational poverty.

25,000 kids die of starvation each day.

Almost half the world lives on an income of $2/day.

Eat the rich. or stfu
    So what was your point in all of that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    So what was your point in all of that?

Responding to the thread starter. Disdain for the poor is like disdain for the sick or disdain for the dependence of newborns.

The poor are the vast majority. Disdain for the rich makes at least as much sense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Responding to the thread starter. Disdain for the poor is like disdain for the sick or disdain for the dependence of newborns.

The poor are the vast majority. Disdain for the rich makes at least as much sense.
    No, because the sick and the newborns are not there by choice. Adult poor in the United States are poor because of the choices they have made, and they're not that poor besides. Then they spend their entire lives complaining about how they dont' have enough money and asking the government to take my money by force and give it to them. If they'd get off their lazy duffs and try to improve themselves instead of begging for handouts, maybe they wouldn't be poor anymore.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the thread starters disdain if for those that choose to be victims and choose to be poor....people do not choose to be sick and do not choose to be born so your analogy there is flawed....people choose to be rich by working hard

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    the thread starters disdain if for those that choose to be victims and choose to be poor....people do not choose to be sick and do not choose to be born so your analogy there is flawed....people choose to be rich by working hard
    Word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Let's see:
    If you live in Dothan, Alabama, and a tornado destroys your house and your call, along with your emplyer's place of business, you are obviously POOR BY CHOICE!
    If you are an invalid mother of two, and your husband (and provider) is killed by a drunk driver, you suddenly become POOR BY CHOICE!
    If you are a mother of four, who has chosen to be a stay at home mom, and your husband is laid off, leading to your car and home being repossessed, you have suddenly become POOR BY CHOICE!

The Bush apologists will always look down on the poor. Until it happens to them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Let's see:
    If you live in Dothan, Alabama, and a tornado destroys your house and your call, along with your emplyer's place of business, you are obviously POOR BY CHOICE!
    If you are an invalid mother of two, and your husband (and provider) is killed by a drunk driver, you suddenly become POOR BY CHOICE!
    If you are a mother of four, who has chosen to be a stay at home mom, and your husband is laid off, leading to your car and home being repossessed, you have suddenly become POOR BY CHOICE!

The Bush apologists will always look down on the poor. Until it happens to them.
    you are purposely being obtuse....we are talking about people that choose to be poor .... choose to be victims ... choose to blame others for their poor choices .... and now you change the topic yet again mixing apples and oranges.....i thought you all were the party of inteligence....i find it hard to believe this is too complex for you to understand

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

What about the people who choose to keep them poor? Who choose to lie, cheat and steal from American people? The corporate execs who cut jobs and endanger safety in the workplace in order to endure higher profits?
    Your ignorance of the real working poor is pathetic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Let's see:
    Property Insurance!

Term Life Insurance!

Savings!

Which part of personal responsibilite don't you understand?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the people who choose to keep them poor? Who choose to lie, cheat and steal from American people? The corporate execs who cut jobs and endanger safety in the workplace in order to endure higher profits?
    Your ignorance of the real working poor is pathetic.
    i grew up working poor .... single parent working two jobs .... two kids ... i then worked my ass of to go to university in California then worked my ass off to go from 8 / hr in 1983 in the san francisco bay area....to my current comfortable life style...

i believe all these same evil people existed then ....hell ronnie raygun cut my scholarships in college...i chose to succeed....stop making excuses for the incompetent

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'd guestimate 95% of poor are poor by choice.
    There is no need to caricature or lampoon you guys as "fuck you" Republicans. You do it all yourselves.

95% of the poor are poor by choice? Oh, Jesus, some of you people are really something.

Now, there's no question that a percentage of the people who are poor are poor because they're too lazy or too addicted to better themselves.

But the vast majority of the poor are poor because of bad breaks, bad choices (like having too many children....you hold that against them, don't you?), or bad health. Are you going to say to them, "Tough shit.....you fucked up your life."

Okay, so some of you worked your way out of poverty. Good for you. A lot of people haven't, or can't for one reason or another, work their way out. You going to say to all of them, "You're out of luck; If I can do it, so can you"?

While I don't want to create permanent wards of the state, and I supported welfare reform, I don't want us as a society to turn our backs on the poor. For many of them, all they need is a hand up, to get back on their feet. I say we as a society should give these people a second chance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    There is no need to caricature or lampoon you guys as "fuck you" Republicans. You do it all yourselves.

95% of the poor are poor by choice? Oh, Jesus, some of you people are really something.

Now, there's no question that a percentage of the people who are poor are poor because they're too lazy or too addicted to better themselves.

But the vast majority of the poor are poor because of bad breaks, bad choices (like having too many children....you hold that against them, don't you?), or bad health. Are you going to say to them, "Tough shit.....you fucked up your life."

Okay, so some of you worked your way out of poverty. Good for you. A lot of people haven't, or can't for one reason or another, work their way out. You going to say to all of them, "You're out of luck; If I can do it, so can you"?

While I don't want to create permanent wards of the state, and I supported welfare reform, I don't want us as a society to turn our backs on the poor. For many of them, all they need is a hand up, to get back on their feet. I say we as a society should give these people a second chance.
    You said it yourself...BAD FRICKIN' CHOICES! It's called personal responsibility. If your choices (and yes, choosing to sleep around and get pregnant is a CHOICE) lead you to a bad situation, tough cookies. I'll help you out, but only if you show enough responsibility to make something of that help.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.