Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default What if Berg now proves in the USSC that Obama was born in Kenya?

As I've said before, I believe he won't be able to, because Obama was in fact born in Hawaii, and Berg is firing blanks. That always has been a silly, useless quest.

But suppose.....

Berg finally makes it into the Supreme Court, lays out his case, both sides get argued, and about next week, the Supreme Court rules that Obama was indeed born in Kenya and is therefore not Constitutionally eligible to take the oath of office.

Now what happens?

As you know, the election last night did NOT elect the next President. It elected the College of Electors, and THEY elect the next Prez.

So if the College of Electors gets together in two weeks (or whenever it is) to formally elect the President, and find this Supreme Court ruling staring them in the face, what do they do?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Perhaps they will look at each other and say, "Well, each of us is bound by law to vote for the candidate we were sworn to support. For most of us, that is Barack Obama. But now we know that Obama is a non-candidate due to his proven foreign birth, certified by the highest court in the land. So, the Electors who were sworn to vote for him, are similarly disqualified, since they are unable to vote for any qualified candidate. So, the remaining Electors will now vote, and whatever QUALIFIED candidate that gets the most votes, will be the next President."

That will elect John McCain, of course, since he got the second-most electoral votes, and the first-most are all disqualified.

Paging Mr. Berg.......

-----------------------------------------

P.S. How long do you suppose each voting member of the College of Electors would remain alive, after they did that?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    As I've said before, I believe he won't be able to, because Obama was in fact born in Hawaii, and Berg is firing blanks. That always has been a silly, useless quest.

But suppose.....

Berg finally makes it into the Supreme Court, lays out his case, both sides get argued, and about next week, the Supreme Court rules that Obama was indeed born in Kenya and is therefore not Constitutionally eligible to take the oath of office.

Now what happens?

As you know, the election last night did NOT elect the next President. It elected the College of Electors, and THEY elect the next Prez.

So if the College of Electors gets together in two weeks (or whenever it is) to formally elect the President, and find this Supreme Court ruling staring them in the face, what do they do?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Perhaps they will look at each other and say, "Well, each of us is bound by law to vote for the candidate we were sworn to support. For most of us, that is Barack Obama. But now we know that Obama is a non-candidate due to his proven foreign birth, certified by the highest court in the land. So, the Electors who were sworn to vote for him, are similarly disqualified, since they are unable to vote for any qualified candidate. So, the remaining Electors will now vote, and whatever QUALIFIED candidate that gets the most votes, will be the next President."

That will elect John McCain, of course, since he got the second-most electoral votes, and the first-most are all disqualified.

Paging Mr. Berg.......

P.S. How long do you suppose each voting member of the College of Electors would remain alive, after they did that?
    I think the reasonable thing would be either to have Obama become president as the votes demanded and then removing him from office due to this disqualifying factor or by giving the votes to his ticket. Either of those would wind up with a Bidden presidency of course.

I would prefer an emergency election with a replacement candidate on the Democratic ticket, but that seems like an unreasonable idea to me however much I may like it.
    "Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. " -Andrew Jackson

"There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance. " - Buddha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i believe biden as vp elect assumes the office and he gets to appoint a vp.....

say hillary?.....then joe steps down.....and swoooooooooooooooon....we get a clinton again.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    i believe biden as vp elect assumes the office and he gets to appoint a vp.....

say hillary?.....then joe steps down.....and swoooooooooooooooon....we get a clinton again.....
    Wouldn't Polosi be VP if Biden got bumped to Prez?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    nope .... see ford taking over for nixon and picking ...who was it rockefeller?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YamiB. View Post
    I think the reasonable thing would be either to have Obama become president as the votes demanded and then removing him from office due to this disqualifying factor or by giving the votes to his ticket. Either of those would wind up with a Bidden presidency of course.

I would prefer an emergency election with a replacement candidate on the Democratic ticket, but that seems like an unreasonable idea to me however much I may like it.
    There is no process for removing a President because of a disqualifying factor. Impreachment occurs only with High crimes and Misdemeanors. And even then its impossible.

No, if there is a constitutional issue to be resolved, it has to be resolved before he is President.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Nah, Pelosi is only President if both President and Vice-President are incapacitated at the same time. If something happens to the President, the Vice President would become President and be allowed to choose a new VP.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nope .... see ford taking over for nixon and picking ...who was it rockefeller?
    Agnue..? SP
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Agnue..? SP
    ford replaced him after he got booted.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    There is no process for removing a President because of a disqualifying factor. Impreachment occurs only with High crimes and Misdemeanors. And even then its impossible.

No, if there is a constitutional issue to be resolved, it has to be resolved before he is President.
    Yes, I suppose you are right. And it would be too troublesome to have him impeached if it could be done instead by having him removed from the ticket. Though I don't think it would have to be decided before his Presidency, if he was unable to be put in the office and this was found out after the fact then I think it would be justifiable to impeach him on these grounds.
    Last edited by YamiB.; 11-05-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    "Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. " -Andrew Jackson

"There is no wealth like knowledge, and no poverty like ignorance. " - Buddha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

But suppose.....

Now what happens?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Paging Mr. Berg.......

Michelle. she'll keep the god damned amerika going.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ford replaced him after he got booted.....
    Yes, yes...I stepped back a bit too far in time..and yer correct it was Rockefeller, he just didn't do anything to remember him for I guess.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agnue..? SP
    Agnew was Nixon's VP who resigned in disgrace. He then picked Ford to replace him. Then Nixon resigned and Ford took the office

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, yes...I stepped back a bit too far in time..and yer correct it was Rockefeller, he just didn't do anything to remember him for I guess.
    he died while "in the saddle" with his mistress. That is pretty memorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ok, while I've always been of the mindset that if ONE parent is American, so are their progeny, I've found some legal scholars disagree. Let's say that Obama was born in wherever, not Hawaii. Make it the 'given.' I'd contend that his mother being a US citizen, makes him a natural born, regardless of place of birth.

Yes, others disagree. Let SCOTUS rule, I think my contention will win, Obama was legal.

On the topic, I think the 14th amendment should be repealed, which has nothing to do with election, but everything to do with immigration reform.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill